0Y0

Project injury reaction

6 hours ago, sammael said:

Several  suggestions. Reduce the distance of flying helmets and weapons to the minimum. Add a reserve injury parameter - behind-armor blunt trauma. If the player has a bulletproof vest, if hit, some % to lose consciousness for some time or maybe some animation like fell and then got up slowly. Even a small caliber makes a shock for a couple of seconds and takes away some hp of the AI's health - the minimum. If the larger the caliber, the faster it will die from injuries.

At the moment, work on the mod is over. New functionality will not be added, only errors will be fixed when they occur.

About flying helmets and so on. This is subjective. When a bullet hits the head, the headgear flies far enough away. But the difference between the flight distance of a heavy helmet and a cap will of course be different. But in the game it is not realizable. Because you have to enter each class of things and the mod will become non-universal. The same is with body armor.

And about injuries when hitting a armor. With normal shock absorption, the armor hit is not felt at all. But, the bullet gives secondary fragments and can ricochet. Aramid anti-ricochet bags do not fully save you from this.

I saw how a person, when armor was not penetrated, was completely incapacitated. The bullet fragmented and ricocheted into the upper arm and face. Therefore, in reality, all this is very variable.

Why are my units incapacitated in 2 shots no matter the amount of armor they have ?

They flinch once shot, and if I shoot them while they flinch they go down in a single hit !

Here's a little video for easier understanding

As said in the description, Vanilla with CBA and PIR only

Fresh profile with all settings at default

Armor doesn't matter, the unit dies / ends up dying no matter what happens

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MdioxD GaminG said:

Why are my units incapacitated in 2 shots no matter the amount of armor they have ?

They flinch once shot, and if I shoot them while they flinch they go down in a single hit !

Here's a little video for easier understanding

As said in the description, Vanilla with CBA and PIR only

Fresh profile with all settings at default

Armor doesn't matter, the unit dies / ends up dying no matter what happens

Yes, it should be so. When you hit a unit in the wound animation, it loses consciousness. There is a delay of 0.8 seconds. The animation itself lasts 3 seconds. And if you hit with a second shot in the interval between 0.8 and 3, then the units fall 100% of the time.

3 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

Yes, it should be so. When you hit a unit in the wound animation, it loses consciousness. There is a delay of 0.8 seconds. The animation itself lasts 3 seconds. And if you hit with a second shot in the interval between 0.8 and 3, then the units fall 100% of the time.

Is there a way for me to edit the timer ? In a config file or anything (I don't really want to check the code without your authorization and I won't post anything obviously even with your authorization)

10 minutes ago, MdioxD GaminG said:

Is there a way for me to edit the timer ? In a config file or anything (I don't really want to check the code without your authorization and I won't post anything obviously even with your authorization)

There is a way, in files PiRanim.sqf and PiRanim0.sqf change 0.8 in the end to 3.

But for what?)

I'm using a mod that adds armor plates, but wheather I use old kevlar or last gen ceramic, 2 shots end up killing me, so I just wanted to remove the fact that you just die that easily even with juggernaut tier armor.

And also I couldn't remove your mod as it is litterally essential to any Arma modpack imo^^

32 minutes ago, MdioxD GaminG said:

I'm using a mod that adds armor plates, but wheather I use old kevlar or last gen ceramic, 2 shots end up killing me, so I just wanted to remove the fact that you just die that easily even with juggernaut tier armor.

And also I couldn't remove your mod as it is litterally essential to any Arma modpack imo^^

But in real life it does not work as you think)

And in game it's not killing you) It's loses consciousness state)

3 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

But in real life it does not work as you think)

And in game it's not killing you) It's loses consciousness state)

I know ! But I was trying to make a juggernaut build, yet I didn't want to entirely disable the mod as there are really cool features !!!

14 hours ago, MdioxD GaminG said:

I know ! But I was trying to make a juggernaut build, yet I didn't want to entirely disable the mod as there are really cool features !!!

Mmm... ok)

Is there any plans to make it so people can toggle the turning animations and the dynamic idle animations so players don't do them. I have been using this mod for a long time but ever since those features were added in I felt it has been messing with the flow to me. With AI i am fine with the idles but it gets kind of clunky in first person and any slight movement tends to mess with it more. And the turning animations, while nice, just don't work for my tastes of the flow of the game. I know others might like it hence why I am asking if there are plans for a toggle. 

4 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Is there any plans to make it so people can toggle the turning animations and the dynamic idle animations so players don't do them. I have been using this mod for a long time but ever since those features were added in I felt it has been messing with the flow to me. With AI i am fine with the idles but it gets kind of clunky in first person and any slight movement tends to mess with it more. And the turning animations, while nice, just don't work for my tastes of the flow of the game. I know others might like it hence why I am asking if there are plans for a toggle. 

This is done at the config level. It will not work just to make a setting in the options. For this no. But, you can use mod for no idl animation.

It works fine and disables them only for the player.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1174806256&searchtext=no+idle

• Like 1

hi everyone

can I set this mod to "activate" only the bullet impact animation on the bots?

I ask this because I would like the mod not to negatively affect the various scripts / triggers etc of the campaign or showcase, but I would like the bots to look a little more human during the firefights.

9 hours ago, sberla101 said:

hi everyone

can I set this mod to "activate" only the bullet impact animation on the bots?

I ask this because I would like the mod not to negatively affect the various scripts / triggers etc of the campaign or showcase, but I would like the bots to look a little more human during the firefights. 

No, you can't activate only bullet impact animations.

The company with the mod is played normally. But you need to disable wounds for units with disabled damage in the options.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, 0Y0 said:

This is done at the config level. It will not work just to make a setting in the options. For this no. But, you can use mod for no idl animation.

It works fine and disables them only for the player.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1174806256&searchtext=no+idle

So does this mean there is no way to disable the animation that makes you juke when you run/turn?

On 8/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, Rosso777 said:

So does this mean there is no way to disable the animation that makes you juke when you run/turn?

Yes.

New QTE system for medicine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Demonstration of work with a dropper.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually getting pretty excited about this. For the longest time I have been using Ace, then Ace Advanced, then using all the super-advanced stuff like KAT.....don't get me wrong, it was okay and all, but medic systems in Arma always just end up being boring menu games. Go into a menu, then a sub-menu, then a sub-sub-sub menu and click on that. It got to the point I either got too bored or too frustrated and stopped playing as a medic. I always use to think, "man, too bad we couldn't have animations where you see a medic holding the bandage or something like you see in games like Tarkov or Squad". And now you managed to put together a really visually fun medic system that feels less like a boring game of endless menus, and more fun visually. I can't wait to try it when it's all done! 🙂

51 minutes ago, PTV-Jobo said:

I'm actually getting pretty excited about this. For the longest time I have been using Ace, then Ace Advanced, then using all the super-advanced stuff like KAT.....don't get me wrong, it was okay and all, but medic systems in Arma always just end up being boring menu games. Go into a menu, then a sub-menu, then a sub-sub-sub menu and click on that. It got to the point I either got too bored or too frustrated and stopped playing as a medic. I always use to think, "man, too bad we couldn't have animations where you see a medic holding the bandage or something like you see in games like Tarkov or Squad". And now you managed to put together a really visually fun medic system that feels less like a boring game of endless menus, and more fun visually. I can't wait to try it when it's all done! 🙂

I think I still need about a week or so.

• Like 2

The mod will be updated today.

• Like 4

Video explaining the new system, but in Russian.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your recent updates. This is an amazing mod.

I have to admit, I don't understand how to control it yet, despite spending a few hours messing around with PiR settings.

Can you confirm... after editing some of the PiR settings, do I need to restart the mission for the change to take effect?

My main question is...

Which settings do I need to edit/disable, so that scenarios and campaign triggers will be minimally affected by the change in AI behaviour?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, -Anti- said:

Thanks for all your recent updates. This is an amazing mod.

I have to admit, I don't understand how to control it yet, despite spending a few hours messing around with PiR settings.

Can you confirm... after editing some of the PiR settings, do I need to restart the mission for the change to take effect?

My main question is...

Which settings do I need to edit/disable, so that scenarios and campaign triggers will be minimally affected by the change in AI behaviour?

Thanks.

The CBA settings correctly display which settings require a restart and which do not.

I guess turn off injuries for the blue side.

• Thanks 1