0Y0

Project injury reaction

Interesting. I see

_unit getVariable ["PIR_Heal_Id", -1];

line, but can't see if it was sat. Placeholder?

In UnconditionAnim.sqf you're using massive or comparisons.
You can just use

if (AnimationState _unit in ["unconsciousrevivearms_a","unconsciousrevivelegs_b",...])

But it is case sensitive.

Also, there is no sense of using remoteexec ["call"], as it executed on each machine. You can just use call function, it is the same.
Or you can set a target for call: remoteexec ["call",2] - it will exec commands only on a server. But it is not good to pass large massive of data via parameters - it hits the perfomance a lot.
If you want to ompimize a code, it is better to define a global function (you don't need to publish it, if it is not needed for clients), and exec it with remoteexec ["fnc_globalfunction",target]. Then, only a few data passed as params, and target machine executes its own function.

18 minutes ago, MaxP said:

Interesting. I see

_unit getVariable ["PIR_Heal_Id", -1];

line, but can't see if it was sat. Placeholder?

In UnconditionAnim.sqf you're using massive or comparisons.
You can just use

if (AnimationState _unit in ["unconsciousrevivearms_a","unconsciousrevivelegs_b",...])

But it is case sensitive.

Also, there is no sense of using remoteexec ["call"], as it executed on each machine. You can just use call function, it is the same.
Or you can set a target for call: remoteexec ["call",2] - it will exec commands only on a server. But it is not good to pass large massive of data via parameters - it hits the perfomance a lot.
If you want to ompimize a code, it is better to define a global function (you don't need to publish it, if it is not needed for clients), and exec it with remoteexec ["fnc_globalfunction",target]. Then, only a few data passed as params, and target machine executes its own function.

I checked the spawn of units. Everything works. Look for a problem in your server or in other mods.

Did you spawn it on the dedicated exactly, and not locally?

Just now, MaxP said:

Did you spawn it on the dedicated exactly, and not locally?

Yes))

May I ask a couple of questions,

(1) I read, (Page 6 here) and elsewhere, about PiR vs. body-armour.  I couldn't find a changelog to look at.  How does the system currently deal with 'hitpart' if it has body-armour protection.

(2) Is it possible to direct a medic (on your squad) to treat/revive a squad member. It did seem to trigger if you told the medic to 'move' within a certain distance? Does a medikit change his response or is it only IFAK?  How does this work within an AI squad (distance, %chance, something else)?

Many Thanks.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, Machiya said:

May I ask a couple of questions,

(1) I read, (Page 6 here) and elsewhere, about PiR vs. body-armour.  I couldn't find a changelog to look at.  How does the system currently deal with 'hitpart' if it has body-armour protection.

(2) Is it possible to direct a medic (on your squad) to treat/revive a squad member. It did seem to trigger if you told the medic to 'move' within a certain distance? Does a medikit change his response or is it only IFAK?  How does this work within an AI squad (distance, %chance, something else)?

Many Thanks.

1. There is a standard damage system. Without body armor, you just die.

2. No. AI's do everything automatically.  If the medic is in the same squad as the wounded, the distance irrelevant. If in different squad, then the distance is in the settings.

A Medic is any unit with a Med Kit. If the advanced mode is not enabled, then Med Kit and IFAK are no different, except that Med Kit is used indefinitely. If the advanced mode is enabled, then Med Kit, can restore health, and IFAK, no.

Based on this ... Almost any unit can help, but only a medik can restore health (unit with Med Kit).

The mechanism of work, the nearest unit is selected to provide assistance. If he is injured or dies, the next nearest unit is chosen. Etc.
If the unit is standing, has no bleeding, or does not have the means to stop the bleeding, but has low health, then the nearest medic is selected.

Thank you -- that's very useful information.  Great Mod overall.

4 hours ago, Machiya said:

Thank you -- that's very useful information.  Great Mod overall.

And one moment. When you pick up a player, the IFAK of the wounded is spent. If the wounded does not have one, then the IFAK of the one who provides assistance is spent.

"Disable Injuries for AI" - what AI is meant? The player AI teammates? Or AI in general?

If I want to disable the entire system for the player side and Blufor, but keep it enabled for Opfor and civilians, because the mission I'm playing includes its own advanced medical system. So I'd do the following:

- disable injuries for Blufor

- enable standard IFAKs (means to disable the option to turn standard first-aid-kits into PIR IFAKs)

- disable injuries for player

- Disable injuries for AI (??) Not sure about this one..

- Leave all other options at default

Is that right?

On 8/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, Godis_1 said:

"Disable Injuries for AI" - what AI is meant? The player AI teammates? Or AI in general?

If I want to disable the entire system for the player side and Blufor, but keep it enabled for Opfor and civilians, because the mission I'm playing includes its own advanced medical system. So I'd do the following:

- enable standard IFAKs (means to disable the option to turn standard first-aid-kits into PIR IFAKs)

- Disable injuries for AI (??) Not sure about this one..

- Leave all other options at default

Is that right?

AI in general)

Player side? It's Blufor, or what?))) If Blufor, then:

2 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

AI in general)

Player side? It's Blufor, or what?))) If Blufor, then:

Ok, thank you!

That's exactly what I tried the very first time. I thought that then the injuries system would be just disabled and vanilla (or mod) can take over. But basically the medical system, that tales place then, is also from PIR, but a more basic one. So if a scenario has a more complex medical and revive system for the player side (Blufor in my case), it still won't work properly, even when PIR is disabled for player side, blufor and standard IFAKs enabled. Maybe I'm wrong, but I tried and when I played it again without PIR, it worked flawless. 

It would be great if we could use PIR only for the enemy side, no matter what medical system is being used for player side. Seeing enemies trying to drag their wounded one to treat them is so immersive. But when I play a scenario that only has vanilla medical system, then I gladly use PIR for my side as well. But for missions like OPEX, DCW, etc.the medical system always somehow clashed, no matter the settings.

35 minutes ago, Godis_1 said:

Ok, thank you!

That's exactly what I tried the very first time. I thought that then the injuries system would be just disabled and vanilla (or mod) can take over. But basically the medical system, that tales place then, is also from PIR, but a more basic one. So if a scenario has a more complex medical and revive system for the player side (Blufor in my case), it still won't work properly, even when PIR is disabled for player side, blufor and standard IFAKs enabled. Maybe I'm wrong, but I tried and when I played it again without PIR, it worked flawless. 

It would be great if we could use PIR only for the enemy side, no matter what medical system is being used for player side. Seeing enemies trying to drag their wounded one to treat them is so immersive. But when I play a scenario that only has vanilla medical system, then I gladly use PIR for my side as well. But for missions like OPEX, DCW, etc.the medical system always somehow clashed, no matter the settings.

This is strange) Because with such settings, the system is completely disabled for the selected side.

I just tried it with a vanilla system. Everything is working.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, 0Y0 said:

This is strange) Because with such settings, the system is completely disabled for the selected side.

I just tried it with a vanilla system. Everything is working.

Yes, that should be the case. But in my case some things just didn't work as intended. I don't know.. I'll try it another time just to make sure I did no mistake.

11 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Yes, that should be the case. But in my case some things just didn't work as intended. I don't know.. I'll try it another time just to make sure I did no mistake.

Ok)

when i fall unconscious  sometimes the Ai drag me from a safe position to the battlefield or from a cover to the open can you enhance it or is there a way to disable the dragging feature ?

On 10/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, AirShark said:

when i fall unconscious  sometimes the Ai drag me from a safe position to the battlefield or from a cover to the open can you enhance it or is there a way to disable the dragging feature ?

yep. mentioned it too. hope, sometime, author will found time to give some love to "dragging" feature to make it a bit more intelligent. :)

On 10/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, AirShark said:

No, there will be no changes in this part.

Is there any way i can disable the revive system for players and retain the animations? or does the animation system fall under the Player Injuries check box? 

-for instance just having a player end up in the revive condition animations, yet just use the vanilla heal system to get back up?

On 10/14/2020 at 6:25 AM, troyisaac said:

Is there any way i can disable the revive system for players and retain the animations? or does the animation system fall under the Player Injuries check box? 

-for instance just having a player end up in the revive condition animations, yet just use the vanilla heal system to get back up? 

No. If you disable it for player, it's disabled completely.

If you want to disable the revive system, simply take all the medical supplies from inventory of all units.

And you can't use vanilla heal system if injuries work.

And what is the point of doing this? The concept of the work of the treatment system, similar to vanilla. So why turn it off and turn on vanilla?

14 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

No. If you disable it for player, it's disabled completely.

If you want to disable the revive system, simply take all the medical supplies from inventory of all units.

And you can't use vanilla heal system if injuries work.

And what is the point of doing this? The concept of the work of the treatment system, similar to vanilla. So why turn it off and turn on vanilla?

i see, i was just checking if there was a work around for ace medical other than removing the awesome mechanics from the players.  i realize that there are conflicts with the two mods and i understand you dont want or cant make it compatible without removing one of the two's medical systems.

my goal-- to utilize the player animations for being incapacitated yet able to use ace to get players out of that state.

the current situation-- when players are downed, there is no way to get them out of that bleed out animation stage via ace, and for some reason the PIR revive mechanic wont show up for players or it simply halts the bleed out but wont revive.

unless im just not configuring it correctly

7 hours ago, troyisaac said:

i see, i was just checking if there was a work around for ace medical other than removing the awesome mechanics from the players.  i realize that there are conflicts with the two mods and i understand you dont want or cant make it compatible without removing one of the two's medical systems.

my goal-- to utilize the player animations for being incapacitated yet able to use ace to get players out of that state.

the current situation-- when players are downed, there is no way to get them out of that bleed out animation stage via ace, and for some reason the PIR revive mechanic wont show up for players or it simply halts the bleed out but wont revive.

unless im just not configuring it correctly

I will not work towards ACE compatibility.

Hello, I know this mod is old but I have a request for a feature:

Revived enemies instantly "surrender" and won't be targeted by allied AI. Just acts as a nice feature so I can "capture" enemy wounded.

4 hours ago, Bestmedi4756 said:

Hello, I know this mod is old but I have a request for a feature:

Revived enemies instantly "surrender" and won't be targeted by allied AI. Just acts as a nice feature so I can "capture" enemy wounded. 

This is not planned. If you connect a compatible ACE, you can take the wounded prisoner through the ACE menu, and then heal as usual and he will be captured.

Edit post -  cause I`m using other ragdoll mod. Now I use only this mod and it is perfect. but-

Several  suggestions. Reduce the distance of flying weapons to the minimum.  behind-armor blunt trauma adjust, so small caliber pistols can`t affect player or AI with Bulletproof vests . Right now  9mm bullets make pain and kill Ai with Bulletproof vests class IV. 

Spoiler