I'm stuck trying to spawn IEDs into pre-designated locations. I can get them to spawn just fine using createVehicle, but they aren't armed and can't be armed (even with a defusal kit and by an engineer). 

I'd like to be able to do both ACE IEDs and vanilla IEDs. Here's what I'm trying:

"IEDurbanSmall_f" createVehicle IED1pos; //IED1pos is a position, not an object

"ACE_IEDUrbanSmall_Range" createVehicle IED2pos; //IED2pos is a position, not an object

The spawning works, but the objects spawned are ID'd as things like ied_land_small.p3d, and they don't set off a mine detector. Any suggestions how I can create both of these types?

You're creating the wrong item I think. You need the ammo classnames

//ACE
ACE_IEDUrbanSmall_Range_Ammo
//Vanilla (I think?)
IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo

Thanks! That was helpful.

I'm now making my life more complicated. I'm trying to create a randomized mission where IEDs get spawned around town, and hostiles and civs are wandering around; players must go through and find the IEDs, deactivate them and bring them back to their base. This proved tricky because the AI kept walking over them! So I am spawning in unarmed IEDs ("IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo")  and a trigger to detect when WEST players get within 5m of them. Then the trigger fires and replaces the unarmed one with an armed one ("ACE_IEDurbanSmall_Range_Ammo") . Working so far in SP...need to test on Dedicated server.

9 hours ago, Lucky44 said:

I'm now making my life more complicated. I'm trying to create a randomized mission where IEDs get spawned around town, and hostiles and civs are wandering around; players must go through and find the IEDs, deactivate them and bring them back to their base. This proved tricky because the AI kept walking over them! So I am spawning in unarmed IEDs ("IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo")  and a trigger to detect when WEST players get within 5m of them. Then the trigger fires and replaces the unarmed one with an armed one ("ACE_IEDurbanSmall_Range_Ammo") . Working so far in SP...need to test on Dedicated server.

hiho!

phronks ied script has a component that sets ieds "friendly" to a specific side that you can set. maybe this is useful for what you want to achieve as well. (in case your version ends up causomg troubles).

I used his script as basis to randomly spread IEDs and suspicious trash around bandit camps and hideouts. the occupants of the camp will not set off the IEDs.

you can also check out my adaptation, you will find the code in the files VD_BC_Spawner.sqf or VD_HO_Spawner.sqf of the DL in below topic:

let me know if this helped or if you need further help extracting the relevant code.

cheers

vd

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 11:40 PM, Lucky44 said:

//Make AI walk around IED allowing you to use default ace pressure plate
east revealMine _ied; //Red force
civilian revealMine _ied; //Civ population
resistance revealMine _ied; //Green force
west revealMine _ied; //Blue force