Wiki

Add a "clear" button in the arsenal

Hey,

Is it possible to add a "clear" button in the arsenal?

For now, the only way to do it is to remove the outfit / vest and add it back.

A "clear" button would be very useful.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Starker said:

ACE

This is what you are missing when you are not playing with ace . . . , just kidding !  :rofl:

Since there is this feature , in ACE , then it can be done !

Anyone with a scripting approach ?!

3 hours ago, Starker said:

ACE adds this feature.

Yeah, but for people who don't use ACE...

• Like 1

I just removed everything and then saved that loadout as "empty" and I load that anytime I want to start from scratch.

• Like 2

On 27.1.2019 at 2:20 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I don't see any option !

The clear option is only available on the "Uniform", "Vest" and "Backpack" slot. If you are on one of these Tabs you can find the clear button on the buttom right.
This "Clear" Button does not clear EVERYTHING from your unit but only the content of the Gear.

(sorry for semi-off-topic)

To go back to the Topic: I'm not really up to this Task since I hate working with the GUI but for anyone who wants to give it a try, have a look here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/addons/arsenal I think the Clear Button is defined in the defines.hpp. Needless to say: Don't steel only get inspired!

16 minutes ago, Moon_chilD said:

Needless to say: Don't steel only get inspired!

Thank you very much Moon_chilD , for your reply !  :thumb:

are you also part of the ace scripters ? just curious ?!  :f:

Hehe, nah I'm way to unskilled to contribute to ACE. I'm just very fond of the mod and wouldn't launch Arma without it! :smileee:

17 minutes ago, Moon_chilD said:

and wouldn't launch Arma without it! :smileee:

It's true ACE is just unique ,

just personally i have just played a little bit with ACE , just for the experience , but just to know i'm not playing either generally , some time ( a lot ) now ! 

Thanks!

On 1/27/2019 at 2:20 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I don't see any option !

Yes.. You have to select uniform/vest/backpack to clear it.

The code for that is nothing complicated. Want to clear backpack?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/clearAllItemsFromBackpack

uniform?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeItemFromUniform

vest?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeItemFromVest

Happens to be exactly what ACE arsenal is using https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/arsenal/functions/fnc_buttonClearAll.sqf#L21-L29

besides the backpack one.. Looking into that.

37 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Yes.. You have to select uniform/vest/backpack to clear it.

Thank you very much Dedmen for your reply !

Up.

ACE add the features, but it would be great to have it in vanilla game.

When yoWhen you dress a vest or backpack on a doll, there are already some items inside the equipment. To see what takes place in a backpack \ vest, you have to scroll through the lists and tabs of items in the search for a long list of items and their number in a backpack \ vest. This is not very convenient, it takes a lot of time to clean the backpack \ vest of unnecessary items.
Add \ change from any way that would be able to quickly clean the backpack \ vest.
Or any alternative way to see the list of items contained in the backpack / vest:
- contents in the backpack \ vest move up the list of items viewable in the general list
- highlight items from the general list of items in a different color, by their presence in the backpack / vest
- make a general tab, which will show all the contents inside the backpack \ vest in one list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

When yoWhen you dress a vest or backpack on a doll, there are already some items inside the equipment. To see what takes place in a backpack \ vest, you have to scroll through the lists and tabs of items in the search for a long list of items and their number in a backpack \ vest. This is not very convenient, it takes a lot of time to clean the backpack \ vest of unnecessary items.
Add \ change from any way that would be able to quickly clean the backpack \ vest.
Or any alternative way to see the list of items contained in the backpack / vest:
- contents in the backpack \ vest move up the list of items viewable in the general list
- highlight items from the general list of items in a different color, by their presence in the backpack / vest
- make a general tab, which will show all the contents inside the backpack \ vest in one list.

Add a "clear" button would be much simpler you know ^^

• Like 3