Problems & Bugs

Information :

Feel free to share and discuss , about Problems & Bugs.

Problems & Bugs ,should refer only to Ravage Mod and CBA , without any addons.

In case of a problem that is associated to Ravage Mod , alonside with other addons or scripts added , then it should refere as :

Ravage Mod MODED  + [ List of addons or Scripts added ]

List with the issues :

• [ SOLVED , UNSOLVED , CONFIRMED , UNCONFIRMED ]

1.Bug, uniform behaviour - Spawned units without clothes                         == SOLVED

2.Bug, in the original topic about Horde Spawn Module                               == CONFIRMED - UNSOLVED

3.Problem, can't spawn zombie on USS Liberty or USS Freedom                == SOLVED // NOT YET ADDED !

We should probably sticky a list of all known bugs here. So the people could check if they found something new and should report it , or its a known issue that is not fixed just yet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

We should probably sticky a list of all known bugs here.

That's a very nice idea chernaruski , i will add this list in the post above.  :f:

News about bugs , First Post !

1.Bug uniform behaviour - Spawned units without clothes

• I'll try on right now to work it !
  • Let's Edit !!!

On 1/28/2019 at 5:25 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
On 1/24/2019 at 5:14 PM, bl2ck dog said:
On 1/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, Vandeanson said:

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

@haleks maybe I've missed the answer, but is there a fix?

Right now I'm using a delay, but it depends on PC quality:

1) on my PC it sometimes still spawn units without uniforms (even after 2 minute delay)

2) on Dedicated Server it seems to be way too long - enemies manage to start attacking the base, while all the defenders still waiting to get their gear.

Is there another way to resolve it?

I'm going to check this and see if i can help , with my scripting approach , for the current issue.

Don't know if its only me having this, but I've posted a bug in the original topic about Horde Spawn Module working weird and despawning zeds when coming close to the spawned horde. Please confirm or disapprove (and add it to the list). 

• Like 1

Hello there to Everyone !

So this is mow the alternative temporary solution , before an official Fix :

There is all the story and solution below.

Spoiler
On 1/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
  • I'll try on right now to work it !
  • Let's Edit !!!

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

1) on my PC it sometimes still spawn units without uniforms (even after 2 minute delay)

2) on Dedicated Server it seems to be way too long - enemies manage to start attacking the base, while all the defenders still waiting to get their gear.

I'm going to check this and see if i can help , with my scripting approach , for the current issue.

5 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there to Everyone !

This is some part from the previous pages:

Reveal hidden contents

So as i said ,

that i'm going to check about finding a temporary solution , before an official Fix ,

i manage to write a code in order to override the bug uniform behaviour.

I just finish it and i 'll add below a link with a Script and a Mod vesrion , for those who are not familiar with editing.

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
  • GF Ravage Uniform Fix Script-Mod-Not Released Version
  • a temporary solution , before an official Fix

This Script - Mod ,

will attempt to fix the uniform issue with the Ravage Function
and if it's not initialized , it will spawn a random loadout automatically , based on the loaded Server Mods.

Download :

GF_Ravage_Uniform_Fix_Script-Mod-Not Released.zip

Expires in: 4 Weeks   |   Size: 47.6 KB   |  31/01/19 https://uploadfiles.io/

This code , is part of my original Script  :

I would like also add  that ,

this is our new BI Forum Ravage Club , it is an open Club and everyone is welcome !

Check our topics , be part of the Forum !

Thanks everyone , enjoy and Have Fun !

Here are some pictures ,

NOTE : there might be this error, if you are using MCC mod , but it's not something .

izGl6CN.png

ef9tQE4.png

PiV3dcW.png

sAQZ1cS.png

Q4TZaRE.png

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

NOTE :

• The attemps will be always the number set from the options.
  • It will cycle all the attemps , but even if it cycles and loops , the code it will initialise once.
  • If the Ravage code never initialized after the attemps , the alternative script will run.

Thanks everyone , enjoy and Have Fun !

3 hours ago, chernaruski said:

but I've posted a bug in the original topic about Horde Spawn Module working weird

Hello there chernaruski !

I'll try to make a search , and for Everyone that might know something more , write a comment or even the solution if there is below.

Thanks !

2.Bug in the original topic about Horde Spawn Module

On 1/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, chernaruski said:

My first (after the update) zombie horde spawner simple test in editor returned these results:

module settings
placement
results (youtube video)
Horde spawned and de-spawned, right before I reach the location. Didn't bother testing it on live server, just yet.  

New zeds dirty uniforms looks nice.  Its the same rust texture that is applied to damaged containers / vehicles  ?  Maybe something that looks more like blood is possible to apply?
Dealing with the horde spawner and making it work for MP scenarios is the right direction to work on,   the basic balancing of a spawners work in MP environment is a must. We always here to test it out for you Haleks. No way I'm coming back from Ravage to Zombies&Demons zombies 😉

Has anyone ever experienced friendly recruited AI just start driving your vehicle on its own somewhere? My recruited survivor starts randomly driving somewhere whenever I change position inside the vehicle or get inside it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Has anyone ever experienced friendly recruited AI just start driving your vehicle on its own somewhere? My recruited survivor starts randomly driving somewhere whenever I change position inside the vehicle or get inside it. 

I encountered smth similar but in arma generally. Sometimes I disembark from non driver or non  commander position in vehicle and AI goes like "I'm the captain now".

Youmust be always commander of vehicle, you can't shoot friendly (this will lead to AI take command over your team) and you can't be injured (AI sometimes take command if you are heavily injured). If you are injured try to heal yourself and than type radio command 0-0 "I'm ready". That should give command back to you.

I think that your problem is that AI is on "more powerfull" position in vehicle than you, so even that you are team leader AI is leader of vehicle.

I wish it help you. Sorry for my english it can be confusing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

recruited AI just start driving your vehicle on its own somewhere?

Hello there RZNUNKWN !

Might be that you are using VCOM ai or any other modification ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

VCOM ai or any other modification ?

ACE perhaps? But this occurred before, and before I was using VCOM AI but not anymore. I will check if this happens again.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:10 AM, chernaruski said:

Don't know if its only me having this, but I've posted a bug in the original topic about Horde Spawn Module working weird and despawning zeds when coming close to the spawned horde. Please confirm or disapprove (and add it to the list). 

It's only a bug if it can be reproduced in a vanilla environment, meaning Ravage and CBA. Your video clip shows you are running, at the very least, Exile which could have a bearing on your test results.

For the record, I use the horde module from time to time and have never ran into this particular issue before.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

recruited AI

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

AI take command over

If you like to play with AI ,

you should check these two very good Mods :

Both are really needed , when AI's are in game.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:10 AM, chernaruski said:

working weird

Since you are using also Exile with Ravage ,

might be that you are using any Third Party Mods forf Exile like , DMS , Occupation or A3XAI ?

Or cashing scripts , or any othe kind of ai modification?

# Is this bug a continuous bug , when you apply the certain settings ?

It has nothing to do with Exile. I was using hordes before the update, there was a problem with horde spawner that caused zeds spawn to stop  due to GlobalMax limit and the fact the zombie spawner didn't clean the spawned zombies. So I removed the module, and actively used the Ambient Zombies only on a live Exile+Ravage server.
Then the update came out , and I tried the module out again.  This time, it was basic place the module down in editor and see how it works. No other scripts such as DMS, Occupation, A3XAI was present. The results are in video.   So everyone here have hordes spawner working correctly? I just needed some confirmation or not , to understand where I should start looking.... Flag it Unconfirmed then. Strange glitch then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chernaruski said:

Flag it Unconfirmed then.

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

@GEORGE FLOROS GR: Thanks for the reminder, I did change some horde related stuff in a previous update - I'll try to take a look this week-end.

Changing this to CONFIRMED - UNSOLVED

1 hour ago, chernaruski said:

It has nothing to do with Exile.....

Maybe not, but you are running Exile in the video you posted right?

1 minute ago, EO said:

running Exile

He is using Exile,

but as he said he was using it before the update as well and Haleks also confirmed the issue.

The way I read it, haleks confirmed he made changes to horde related stuff, he didn't confirm the issue chernaruski is having. 

Look guys all I'm saying is, if your experiencing a bug/issue with Ravage, surely the best thing to do is re-test without running any other scripts or mods, especially Exile which is more or less a total conversion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EO said:

re-test without running any other scripts or mods

This is for sure , this is what i also asked him ,what and how exacly.

Announcement:

Problems & Bugs ,

should refer only to Ravage Mod and CBA , without any addons.

In case of a problem that is associated to Ravage Mod , alonside with other addons or scripts added ,

should refere to Ravage Mod MODED  + [ List of addons or Scripts added ]

- Updating the front page Post.

Thanks !