Heres a config Class that too many terrains are missing.These class entries make a Huge difference to the look of your terrain.I havnt tried to edit any of these lines so i am unable to give any descriptions.

class CfgLensFlare {
    flarePos[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.37, 0.47, 0.5, 0.54, 0.62, 0.72, 0.75, 0.91, 1.0, 1.084, 1.13, 1.29, 1.62, 1.68};
    flareSizeCam[] = {0.2, 0.4, 0.025, 0.05, 0.042, 0.043, 0.04, 0.75, 0.6, 0.7, 0.15, 0.85, 0.44, 0.45, 0.55, 0.1};
    flareBright[] = {1.0, 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 0.4, 0.4, 0.05, 0.03, 0.12, 0.05, 0.08, 0.05, 0.2, 0.2, 1.0};
    flareSizeEye[] = {0.04};
    flareSizeEyeSun[] = {0.04};
};

its a root class. means there can be only one definition at a time. this is then applied to all "terrains"

These cfgLensFlare entries have not been applied to CAWorld.If not defined in custom addon islands the addon terrain wont inherit them.

this is not how configs work

M8,i just had to add it to the South Asia terrain port.I thought it would be inherited too.Upon deeper digging realised this class is not entered in the data pbo.Try it for yourself and get back to me.There is no lensflare entries in map data pbo's that i have found.Only in the island configs themselves do the entries exist.

Can you show comparison screens? CfgLensFlare is being read only from core config - putting it to i.e. tank or map cfg shouldn't do anything

Core config where?I havnt seen it anywhere other than the islands configs.Is that what you meant by core?I'll take a couple seconds for you try yourself bud.Save me uploadling pics to mediafire.:)

It's in bin.pbo, data_f.pbo and also in Stratis, Altis, Tanoa and Malden. Ones on the terrains are the same but bin and data_f are different.

4 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Core config where?I havnt seen it anywhere other than the islands configs.Is that what you meant by core?I'll take a couple seconds for you try yourself bud.Save me uploadling pics to mediafire.:)

if you i.e. generate all in one config you will find lenseFlare only in core config

https://imgur.com/a/Uyuemae

Since it seems even vanilla data continue horrible tradition of copy pasting it everywhere and overwriting it over and over then I guess one mod could change it to different version.

Island config is i.e. anything contained CfgWorlds

Modifying CfgLensFlare is changing those values for ALL islands since only ONE CfgLenseFlare can exist/is used.

Thanks guys for clearing that up.The values i posted are from the the island tanoa and in my opinion make a huge difference ingame.Well worth adding in any custom island.

Thanks again guys.:)

17 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Thanks guys for clearing that up.The values i posted are from the the island tanoa and in my opinion make a huge difference ingame.Well worth adding in any custom island.

Thanks again guys.:)

You don't need to add them - they are there by default unless some mod overwrites it.

• Like 2

roger that.:)

Edit :Looked into what was giving the enhanced lens flare effect and it was my reducing of the haze in the terrain config.This makes the sun/rays more pronounced.

Also,

if you dont want other mods to overwrite the lens flare entries its still best to add it to your config.Which ever one you prefer.