Vandeanson

Create custom EdenEditor Modules vs. CBA Settings for Addon

cheers! subscribing to have a look!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

cheers! subscribing to have a look!

Thanks, let me know if something doesnt seem to work:) 

Hi @Mr H.

I have been trying to add tooltips to the CBA settings description but i am stuck - do you have a good example at hand?

I will dig into your examples again posted in this thread, but last time I couldnt figure this out.

Thanks and BR

VD

sure thing, that's verry easy:

["YourSetting", "CHECKBOX",   ["Your setting displayname","Your setting's tooltip"], "The settings category in the dropdown menu",false,1] call cba_settings_fnc_init;

57 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

sure thing, that's verry easy:

["YourSetting", "CHECKBOX",   ["Your setting displayname","Your setting's tooltip"], "The settings category in the dropdown menu",false,1] call cba_settings_fnc_init;

Aaaah how silly of me, now the description on the cba guide makes perfect sense! Thank you! 

• Like 1

Hiho @Mr H.

I am about to open a topic due to a MP issue my mod is creating. Before I wanted to check in with you here.. People seem not to be able to host mp sessions, their buddies get stuck in a loadout screen when joining their session. Both have the mod active. 

I have changed my cba settings sqf to execute only on server now as this is the only thing I can think about, that could cause problems.. I cant really test it currently so i cant say if this fixes it. 

Have you had similar issues with mods/cba inclusion? 

If my change doesnt fix it, i will open a proper topic, with all the code used and so on, just figured I might check if this rings a bell for you:) 

Cheers vd

I have never had any issue like this before. Have you asked them to provide their rpt files? Maybe it's a mod conflict. Executing the cba setting's sqf only on server could possibly cause issues I'd advise against it. 

• Thanks 1

@Mr H.

Thanks for the swift feedback!

A mod conflict was indeed a first thought, and maybe it is still the problem. 

Hm ok thanks for the hint - because clients would not be able to access the variables from the CBA settings I assume?

I have asked for RPT files and will open a proper topic on the subject.

The mod is about to hit 10k views and 1.9 subscribers on the workshop - this would not have been possible without your help;) thanks again!

Cheers

VD

11 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hm ok thanks for the hint - because clients would not be able to access the variables from the CBA settings I assume? 

I'm not sure  a 100% about that, at the very least people won't see the settings (unless they are hosting)

The mod is about to hit 10k views and 1.9 subscribers on the workshop - this would not have been possible without your help;) thanks again!

You're welcome! I've seen that and read some of the comments on the workshop. Congrats! But now you discover the downside of publishing something: people never ever read guides and explanations and keep asking questions you have answered a million times! 😝

A mod conflict was indeed a first thought, and maybe it is still the problem. 

You should create a github, and have a template for issues and bug reports like this https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

As for your issue, are you using suspension in any of the functions called at init ? uisleep might explain the loading screen being stuck.

27 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

people never ever read guides and explanations and keep asking questions you have answered a million times! 😝

NEVER :smiley-punched:

I am not too familiar with github other than reading up stuff - but will give it ago indeed, thanks!

Yes like the following: 

Spoiler

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\VDA\JBOY_Dog\JBOY_DogInit.sqf";
if (VD_Medical_AmountOfSpawns >= 1) then {for "_i" from 1 to VD_Medical_AmountOfSpawns do {execvm "\VDA\VD_Script_Pack\VD_Medical_Spawner.sqf"; sleep 5;};};
if (VD_Plane_AmountOfSpawns >= 1)  then {for "_i" from 1 to VD_Plane_AmountOfSpawns do {execvm "\VDA\VD_Script_Pack\VD_Plane_Spawner.sqf"; sleep 5;};};

Edited by Vandeanson

also, in my init.sqf i have some waituntil suspension:

Spoiler

[] execVM "\VDA\VD_Script_Pack\VD_Functions.sqf";

waituntil {VD_Fnc_Rdy};
[] execVM "\VDA\VD_Script_Pack\VD_Arrays.sqf";

waituntil {VD_Arrays_Rdy};
[] execVM "\VDA\VD_Script_Pack\VD_BC_Composition.sqf";

waituntil {VD_Compo_Rdy};
[] execVM "\VDA\VD_init.sqf";

Might have an impact yes (not sure) whenever you can you should use declared functions instead of ExecVMs (unless you execute them only once). Also, I know there are people for and people against it, but staying in an unscheduled environment as much as possible is a good idea. For example using https://cbateam.github.io/CBA_A3/docs/files/common/fnc_waitUntilAndExecute-sqf.html

in a called script might help.

• Like 2

Thanks for the link, seems reasonable indeed. 

Yeah i guess your right, i always felt like there must be a reason that i am the only one always using execvm, will have to invest some quality time into redoing my mod and setting up propper functions. 

Your tip was right, suspension was the issue - thanks a million:) ppl can hoste mp sessions with the mod now. 

However, now it became clear that my mp scripting related to client specific code (e. g. player equipper and addactions) seems to be wrong, off to the next challenge 🙂 i feel like once this mod is fully up and running as intendet, i ll have learned quite a bit!

Cheers

Vd