Gen. MERICA

Can't keep AI in certain vehicles?

I am having difficulty having certain AI stay in a vehicle.

I have a truck that drives from point A to point B.

After it drops off a squad it then drives elsewhere.

However on spawning the the vehicle the squad attempts to get out at the nearest possible opportunity (if the vehicle slow down too much.

The driver will keep on attempting to get the squad to the correct position, then wait (if there is anyone left) to get out of the vehicle.

The only thing I REALLY don't understand is that this is happening to certain vehicles only?

_crew = createGroup EAST;

_unarmedTransport = [_spawnPoint, (_rad select 1), _className, _crew] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
(_unarmedTransport select 0) setVehicleLock "LOCKED";

_squad = [_passengerCount, (getPos (_unarmedTransport select 0)), EAST] call bio_fnc_defaultRandomCreateInfantryGroup;
//This is just another script used to finish off the squad creation, nothing more

{
  _x assignAsCargo (_unarmedTransport select 0);
  _x moveInCargo (_unarmedTransport select 0);
}forEach (units  _squad);

_wpt1 = _crew addWaypoint [(getPos Center), (Range * 0.4)];
_wpt1 setWaypointType "TR UNLOAD";
_wpt1 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wpt2 = _crew addWaypoint [(getPos Center), 0];
_wpt2 setWaypointType "GETOUT";
_wpt2 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wpt3 = _crew addWaypoint [(getPos Center), 0];
_wpt3 setWaypointType "SAD";
_wpt3 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

_wp1 = _squad addWaypoint [(getPos Center), 0];
_wp1 setWaypointType "SAD";
_wp1 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

So far it works no problem for the following,

BLUFOR APC Marshall

BLUFOR HEMT Covered

IND Strider

Doesn't work for

BLUFOR Hunter

OPFOR Ifrit

I have tried the following

Disabling the AI of said vehicles

Disabling simulation of said vehicles

Nothing happens

Only correlation I have found is that if I replace myself with the driver the AI then stay in the vehicle. (Could the driver be telling them to do this?)

I would just have the driver join the group but I need the driver to carry on his way and not fight with the others.

I attempted to solve the driver joining group after waypoint completion using setWaypointStatements but I could never get it to call a script properly.

Such as 

_wpt1 setWayPointStatements ["true", "[" + str(_squad) + "] call test_fnc_function"];

Anyone else have this crazy issue before?

maybe my crazy problem is relatated or maybe it's not.......

the command moveIndriver assigns the whole group to that vehicle, some other moveincommands don't, this caused a problem for me cause i had other group members trying to do other stuff as long as they weren't assigned to a vehicle.

I've never used the waypoint commands because i believe they are group commands, best advice i can give you is check the AI's (assignedVehicle _unit) and see if it matches the vechicle they should be in, also you could try

unitArray orderGetIn order

and if they say negitive "in game speech" then that seat is already assigned to another unit so a forced moveincargo command would be counterproductive.

good luck

I was afraid of that. Other posts that I had found with similar issues never seemed to narrow down the exact problem or solution. 

Any chance though you've managed to get setWaypointStatments working? I feel I could get a solid work around with that.

I've been unable to pass variables through to it though. Such as,

_waypoint1 setWaypointStatements ["true", "["+str(_test)+"] call fnc_example"];

I feel I could then separate the crew from the offloading group but I cant get it to pass reliably.