Hi

Completely new to scripting, what i'm trying to do is set a trigger to perform a module its synced to when the player enters a vehicle.

What I have done in the condition field of the trigger is... man1 in car1. Despite this however nothing still happens and I couldn't find much information in order to execute this properly.

Is there anything missing I need to add or create an sqf file to perform this action?

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, js005 said:

set a trigger to perform a module its synced to when the player enters a vehicle.

If any vehicle:

Trigger condition: !isNull objectParent player

If specific one, say car1: vehicle player == car1

• Like 4

Hi George

Thanks for the information, never knew this existed. Just another question as I'm having trouble getting the trigger to activate, do I need to have the addeventhandler code into an .ini file and have it execute a .sqf file with the "GetIn" code that's listed with the link you sent me.

Hi Pierremgi

I tried both of those in the condition of the trigger that's synced to the module, unfortunately neither worked. I have... SOIEV_1_0_1: vehicle player == SOIEV_1_0_1  <--- This being the actual name of vehicle I'm trying to activate the trigger with.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, js005 said:

"GetIn" code

Thank you very much and since you are asking , i have also create a script using this ,

so if you want check here :

• Thanks 1

You can also use GetIn/GetInMan event handlers. As well as waitUntil (I wouldn't use this). All depends on what your end goal is. Trigger is probably easier with condition as Pierre said.

player in car

• Like 3

Are you scripting for dedicated server, trigger on server only?

Did you try a simple hint "ok" in your trigger activation?

Which module?

• Like 1

Right, just to clarify a few things the script actually works, its just the module which I'm using from a mod doesn't seem to work when your entering a vehicle. On top of that though thanks a lot guys for the information and event handling scripts, that'll help a lot along the way.

• Like 1