DOA

Control issue. Mouse

When I take remote control of my PC at home with Teamviewer, the mouse functions properly in ArmA 3 through Teamviewer in the menus and Eden Editor, but when I start a SP or MP game the player I am controling bends over and stairs at the ground. Moving the mouse causes the player and view to spin around wildly with the player never standing back up. The player constantly stays bent in half while walking etc. I can go prone and move around a little but of course this issue makes the simulation unplayable through remote control. I do not have this issue when working directly on the ARMA 3 PC only when I control it remotely. Mission makers know how much time some missions can take and it would be a great help if I could work remotely without having to install Steam and move all my editing files to my laptop or other PCs. If you don't know what this issue is or it can't be resolved let me know if you use a remote control software that works with no issues. Much appreciated...DOARemote_Issue.jpg

This is exactly the same as what happens when you tab out of arma and do stuff on your desktop with arma minimized.  Can it be that if you're using teamviewer it doesn't set arma as the active screen?

It might help to switch arma from full-screen to windowed? 

Thanks Stanhope,

I'm trying full screen now. The ArmA Session is the active window, because I can move around a bit  with the keyboard but any slight movement of the mouse seems to be greatly exaggerated for the player unit. I have not tried starting a mission as a pilot or in a vehicle but I am sure that will be crazy too. I knew I was on shaky ground trying to run any game much less a Simulation like ArmA through a remote control software.  This may sound crazy but I also think from working with other remote control issues that I may be able to resolve this by unplugging the mouse on the ArmA machine that I am controlling remotely. It may be a conflict between the remote mouse and the mouse and joysticks attached to the PC I am controlling. I appreciate everyones help. I may try other remote control software or just install Steam on all the PCs I use for editing and just put my editing files on a flash drive. Thanks again for your help...DOA

Never could play ArmA 3 through a remote control program. I know this is asking a lot. LOL 
I installed steam on my remote machine so I can edit missions when I get time. It was a bit much to expect I could play such a game, even for testing edits to missions via remote control. Thanks again for you replies, time and help. 

On 1/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, DOA said:

When I take remote control of my PC at home with Teamviewer, the mouse functions properly in ArmA 3 through Teamviewer in the menus and Eden Editor, but when I start a SP or MP game the player I am controling bends over and stairs at the ground.

That's just caused by the way Teamviewer moves the mouse, and how the game handles the mouse.

Teamviewer always tries to move the cursor to the same spot as your controlling cursor. But that's not how games work. Games disable the cursor and lock it, and detect mouse movement directly.
Teamviewer just does:

hey the cursor is there but the user wants it over there. I'll just move the cursor now. Okey I've moved the cursor now. wait what? The cursor is still at the old position. Weird. Must've not gotten my signal to move it. I'll just move it again

And so on, and so on, and so on. Causing absolutely erratic useless movements.

It works fine in UI's in the game because opening a UI actually unlocks the cursor and allows real movement.

Maybe SteamPlay can help, is that the right name? That remote playing system from Steam. Don't know if it works over internet.

Thanks Dedmen. It is not that big a deal for me.  I was trying to avoid a super large download on my work PC.
I only work on editing my missions at work when time permits. (Time rarely permits me to work, but as most old school mission makers know a good mission can take a long time to develop, test and finish and every minute saved is a minute earned.) I installed Steam and a workable video card on my PC at the office. Again it is fine for editing. 
I did have to take my pc home and let it download all night. LOL I use RHS and CUP and a few other mods with my gaming group and our current ArmA3 folder is a little over 70 GB. That size download on our corporate network would raise an alarm and being the Senior Systems Administrator, I would not be forgiven for that. LOL 
Thanks again guys!