Jordan Gates

1st person ADS weapon sway

I think the first person ADS has too much sway and recoil, especially on scoped weapons. without a hold breath function, it is almost impossible to shoot a sniper rifle or DMR accurately. 

On 1/17/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jordan Gates said:

I think the first person ADS has too much sway and recoil, especially on scoped weapons. without a hold breath function, it is almost impossible to shoot a sniper rifle or DMR accurately. 

I agree, there is if you look at the control scheme it shows that if you press down the left joystick its supposed to be hold breath however I dont think it works as of right now

Yeah they mentioned in a stream they aren't definitely adding it. 

I agree, I appreciate that sniping has been made difficult to a degree, as it's TOO easy in a lot of games, but it seems TOO hard in this game even from a prone position.

I had two enemies crossing a huge open frozen lake on one the snow maps, and I mean right down the middle of the biggest frozen lake in the game right now, and I really wanted to make them pay for their careless decision to cross there as I had the M21. I went prone, waited them to be right in the middle before I opened fire. Did, got 1 hit. they started zig zagging and changed paths to take the shortest route off the lake and I just could not land another hit. It was way too hard. Weapon sway combined with jittery laggy player movements in the distance didn't help. I should have been able to drop one of them with some level of ease - but it was impossible. And I'm coming from Ghost Recon Wildlands which is an array of different scoped weapons and I do pretty decent, even up 300 meters.

Either, sniping and landing hits needs to be made easier, or a player needs to be reward more for the one hit they do land. Crossing a big open lake needs to be a critical mistake in this game, and it's not. You wouldn't do such a stupid thing if you objective was to 'Survive'.

If the sway doesn't get reduced, then you need to reward the player for landing any hits more. Higher Damage, or you need to make it so the hurt player momentarily cannot jump and zig zag as quick if hit by a large caliber bullet. The onus should be on them to immediately go prone behind cover, and if they are caught in a situation where they don't have cover to go prone behind... there a should be a big "whops, I'm done" in their head. Not lag zig zag and bunny hop to cover. 

Another solution, is to add useable tripods to some weapons. weapon mods. Downside to tripod is hip fire/over shoulder accuracy reduced, but prone-tripod deployed should be nearly no weapon sway.