On 3/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, fat_lurch said:

Thanks jone-kone, 

I should be able to add a simple pitch indicator. I'm guessing just a positive number for nose up, and negative for nose down?

I haven't experienced the issue you're describing. Would it be possible to record video of the issue? Also, knowing which aircraft you're using and which other mods you're using may be helpful.

It will take me a little while to get to this - I'm neck deep in my helocasting addon and I'd like to keep making forward progress so I can get an initial release out for testing.

Thanks

Yup, as simple positive / negative number is enough.

I´ll do some more testing and try to locate the issue so I don´t lead you down the wrong path. Just good to know that it is not something that should be expected under certain circumstances or identified mods that causes issues.

It´s your mod so you work on it when you feel like it. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your work with the community!

1 hour ago, Endigma said:

this stops working after ~775 kph for some reason, bug or intentional?

That's definitely a bug. I have no idea what would cause that.

15 hours ago, Endigma said:

Well it most definitely is reproducible as well as quite the annoyance.

Can you expand upon the issues you're seeing?

8 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

Can you expand upon the issues you're seeing?

Above approximately 775~ kph airspeed in the Black Wasp II from vanilla, the features from this mod are removed from the context menu and cease to work, including keybinding actions. The North Indicator continues to work, but no other functions are available.

Edited by Endigma
Clarification

Totally new to Arma scripting, but I'm a full stack developer picking this up as a hobby.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:22 AM, Endigma said:

Above approximately 775~ kph airspeed in the Black Wasp II from vanilla, the features from this mod are removed from the context menu and cease to work, including keybinding actions. The North Indicator continues to work, but no other functions are available.

I'm curious to see what this really turns out to be, but I'll suspect it has to do with one or both of these two things:
1. without looking at source, does the math that calculates the slew account for rounding errors the engine may be having? 
2. It's related to this quirk of the arma 3 engine:
http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-scheduler-and-namespace-switching/

In Arma you can use different namespaces to store variable in. It could be an object, a group, a control, etc., as well as 4 script namespaces: UI namespace, mission namespace, profile namespace and parsing namespace. When you write your script without explicitly indicating the namespace, default namespace is used and it is mission namespace. However, when you want to operate in another namespace, like say UI namespace to work with displays and controls, you can use a handy with command:

with uiNamespace do { // UI namespace here };

While there is nothing wrong with this syntax, the problem could occur when it is used in scheduled script, because of the unpredictability of suspension. If you have several scripts running using different namespaces, it could happen that under load, when script is resumed, it is resumed in different namespace than the one it was running before suspension.

If someone can clearly identify why either of these can't be a cause, I'd be curious to know how far off I was.

Edited by Nicholas Carson

if((unitIsUAV _veh) && (cameraView == "GUNNER") && (UAVControl _veh select 1 == "GUNNER")) exitwith{true};

if((!(unitIsUAV _veh)) &&(cameraView == "GUNNER") && (_veh getCargoIndex _player == -1)) exitwith{true};

false

This is the condition making the actions show and hide. Nothing in this should relate to airspeed. Maybe some engine quirk? Could be tested by checking each part of this condition in debug console while flying.

12 hours ago, Nicholas Carson said:

1. without looking at source, does the math that calculates the slew account for rounding errors the engine may be having? 

Not sure how that would be related to the actions disappearing, but as you can see there is absolutely no math in there.

12 hours ago, Nicholas Carson said:

2. It's related to this quirk of the arma 3 engine:

That is a scheduler quirk, but the action condition is executed unscheduled thus this doesn't apply.

Also no global variables (that don't also exist in uiNamespace) are used in the condition script, and other namespaces besides mission/ui are basically not being used at all.

Btw, why are there two versions of scripts in the pbo? one in scripts folder last edited in january and not actually used in the code, and one in functions folder last updated in february and being the ones actually being called?

Also... It looks like you are adding the actions everytime a plane/helicopter is spawned.. Doesn't that add multiple sets of the same actions? I cannot see any code preventing that.

Ah I understand... You are adding seperate actions to every air vehicle. AH! That is the problem!!!

The actions have a range of about 1m, the range check takes simulation position. So when you are flying too fast your simulated position might be further than 1m away from your body position, thus the actions are out of range and hide themselves.

I would recommend just adding a getIn/Out EH to plane/helicopters, you are using CBA XEH anyway so thats easy.

Then just add the actions without a range check on getIn, and remove them again on getOut.

Not sure how that will work with UAV view though.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, fat_lurch said:

-Eliminate the black "mask" on vanilla UAVs in the turret gunner's view

What is this black mask you are referring to here?

On 11/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, CW4 Carrera said:

The "smudge" effect that's added by default.

I'm slowly getting back in the swing up updating my addons. I've started adding an MQ-9 inspired turret Azimuth and Elevation Indicator and a vehicle heading indicator. 

The top center indicator is vehicle heading, the number below that is the turret azimuth (negative numbers are left, positive are right).

Off to the left is the turret elevation.

I'm still working on a way to allow these to be switched on/off through CBA before releasing. Also, sadly, these don't seem to work with the USAF MQ-9 and Global Hawk. I'm trying to figure out why (I'm using CBA_fnc_turretDir).

Upgrades.png

• Like 2

Update 2019-11-30:

-Added turret azimuth and elevation indicators. These *should* work with all assets. Also added aircraft heading indicator.

On 11/25/2019 at 6:18 AM, CW4 Carrera said:

R41PcnQ.png

The black area surrounding the viewport. It is simply an overlay.

@fat_lurch Did you ever end up implementing a fix for the 775 kph bug? Dedmen noted a possible fix above.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:51 AM, Dedmen said:

Ah I understand... You are adding separate actions to every air vehicle. AH! That is the problem!!!

The actions have a range of about 1m, the range check takes simulation position. So when you are flying too fast your simulated position might be further than 1m away from your body position, thus the actions are out of range and hide themselves.

I would recommend just adding a getIn/Out EH to plane/helicopters, you are using CBA XEH anyway so thats easy.

Then just add the actions without a range check on getIn, and remove them again on getOut.

Not sure how that will work with UAV view though.

At least for planes this fixes the issue, legacy version could be maintained for UAVs since they can't really exceed these speeds aside from the sentinel anyway.

8 hours ago, Endigma said:

R41PcnQ.png

The black area surrounding the viewport. It is simply an overlay.

@fat_lurch Did you ever end up implementing a fix for the 775 kph bug? Dedmen noted a possible fix above.

At least for planes this fixes the issue, legacy version could be maintained for UAVs since they can't really exceed these speeds aside from the sentinel anyway.

I have not yet. I've been focusing on my pending helocast addon.

I might be able to simply increase the action radius for now as a quick fix.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this mod, particularly in conjunction with the thermal improvement mod. I was wondering if it's possible to add an IR marking laser,  similar to the weapon mounted laser, to the targeting pod. I think it would help with directing folks on the ground. 

Thanks! 

On 6/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, brad191 said:

I'm really enjoying this mod, particularly in conjunction with the thermal improvement mod. I was wondering if it's possible to add an IR marking laser,  similar to the weapon mounted laser, to the targeting pod. I think it would help with directing folks on the ground. 

Thanks! 

Thanks for the feedback brad191.

I've attempted a few different ways of attaching a laser to the turret but I haven't had any luck yet. I've gone as far as literally attaching a rifle to the turret and trying to turn its laser on in desperation. I think A3TI can illuminate an area, but I don't know if the laser beam itself is visible.

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable this on specific vehicles via init?

7 hours ago, MK84 said:

Is there a way to disable this on specific vehicles via init?

Not yet but I plan on adding it soon to help with compatability with the USAF MQ-9 and pending AC-130.

• Like 1

Update 2020-08-26:

Added - Change altitude command

• Like 2

Update 2020-08-28:

Added - Simple blacklist for USAF_MQ9
Fixed - Bug preventing GUI from displaying
Fixed - Key issue (At least I hope...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update 2020-08-29:

Added - GUI blacklist for the upcoming USAF AC-130U

Update 2020-08-30:

Added - Support for vehicles with multiple turrets (e.g. V-44, USAF AC-130U)
Added - Weapon Status report for UAVs
Added - VMS (Vehicle Management System) Reset for UAVs

Changed - Prompts now use systemChat instead of hint commands
Changed - Change Altitude command visible for UAVs only now
Changed - General code cleanup & pruning

• Like 1

Update 2020-08-30:

Added - Change Loiter Radius command for UAVs
Added - Blacklist for RHS UH-60s