Actions.png     Map.png      Target.pngUpgrades.png

This mod enhances the capabilities of ISR turrets on both vanilla and addon UAVs and Helicopters.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623498241

Current features:

-Configurable keybinds for adding markers (NEW 2019-02-03)
-Options dialog via CBA to disable GUI elements (NEW 2019-02-03)
-Measure distance (2D) & heading between two points (NEW 2019-01-30)
-Slew turret to position on map via click (must be zommed in one level so the camera is geolocked)
-Slew turret to typed coordinates (6, 8 or 10 digit grids)
-Grid indicator for where turret is pointing (With 6, 8 or 10 digit grids as of 2019-02-04)
-Add Black, Blue or Red numbered markers on the map where the turret is pointing
-A North marker in the turret view for situational awareness
-Server key included
-Support for most vehicles with a turret that inherits the base UAV, Helicopter or Plane class within ARMA
-Only needs to run client-side (thanks MGZoltan for testing!)
-Turret azimuth, elevation and aircraft heading indicators (NEW 2019-11-30)

-Change Altitude for UAVs (NEW 2020-08-26)

-UAV Weapon Status Report (NEW 2020-08-30)
-UAV VMS (Vehicle Management System) reset (i.e. a reset in case the UAV becomes bugged) (NEW 2020-08-30)

-Change Loiter Radius for UAVs (NEW 2020-08-30)

Planned Features:
-Rangefinding between two points ala the Vector from ACE3 - Done
-Support for 8 - 10 digit grid input - Done
-Slew to typed coordinates - Done
-Support for planes (e.g AC-130) - Done
-Auto turret unlock once slew complete - Done

Features under consideration:

-10 Digit Grids for Grid Indicator - Done
-3D Distance Measurement
-Real-Time Distance Measurement Method
-MTI (Moving Target Indicator)
-More advanced markers
-Language support
-ACE-specific version
-Locked/Unlocked status of turret (May be an engine limitation)
-Eliminate the black "mask" on vanilla UAVs in the turret gunner's view - Need help, I can't figure this one out. I was hoping it was just a .paa reference.

Known Issues:

-The turret on the USAF MQ-9 needs to be zoomed in one level before slewing will work
-The turret only seems to be accurate within a few meters

Marker and slewing interactions are accessed through the vanilla scroll menu when actively looking through the turret of a UAV or helicopter.

This addon started as an update to UAVs for my private gaming group. Along the way I realized that a small handful of UAVs in ARMA are actually defined as helicopters (BIS?) so the scope grew to include helicopters. My group has really been enjoying the additional functionality so I thought I'd share. Due to requests, I've also added this feature for planes.

The intent of this mod is for it to work on ALL UAVs, Helicopters and Planes with a turret.

I've tested this with the following assets successfully so far:
-Vanilla AR-2 Darter
-Vanilla MQ-4A Greyhawk
-Vanilla A-164 Wipeout
-Vanilla AH-99 Blackfoot
-CUP MQ-9 Reaper

-CUP MH-6
-USAF MQ-9 Reaper
-RHS MH-6
-RHS A-10
-USAF AC-130 Spooky 2

-USAF RQ-4A Global Hawk

-Firewill's  F-22, F-16C & A-10

The addon does not work with the following:
-None known. Please let me know 

I'd like to build a comprehensive listing of assets this mod does and does not work with. If you try this with other assets, please let me know.

Default keybinds:
Add Black Marker - Shift+1
Add Blue Marker - Shift +2
Add Red Marker - Shift +3

Please let me know if you have any issues. I'm specifically interested in assets this doesn't work on. If it's something I can fix, then I'll plan on getting it working. If the assets inherits its base class from something other than UAV, Helicopter or Plane then there may not be much I can do.

Post up with feature requests. I may not get to them all, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to the following folks for help with this:
-Killzone Kid
-AgentRev
-GuyFauwx
-ThreadAssessment
-commy2

-DevTeam Paxton

-Lasket & TrainOfThought6 for Distance Measure Feature idea

-The CBA-A3 team for their awesome and easy to use settings system
-SGT Fuller & the USAF team 

-JacobZeD for testing Firewill's Assets & bringing them to my attention

-sync0s

-kju2 for his notes on multiple display optics and the need to use the IDD layer

-Ski for his technical input on the MQ-9 displays

And, of course, thanks to BIS for ARMA 3!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Very nice! Arma has always been lacking a simple enough but still interesting gameplay enabling targeting system for its air units.

You mentioned planes. Any ideas on making it available for the vanilla CAS/Jets planes too? or making it customizable in the editor addon options? (E.g. Enable/disable slew to mapclick). 

I think the most interesting feature would be the manual grid entry and then be able to slew to that. It would make the pilot have to work a bit more in cooperation with the JTAC, without being just point and click.

4 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

Very nice! Arma has always been lacking a simple enough but still interesting gameplay enabling targeting system for its air units.

You mentioned planes. Any ideas on making it available for the vanilla CAS/Jets planes too? or making it customizable in the editor addon options? (E.g. Enable/disable slew to mapclick). 

I think the most interesting feature would be the manual grid entry and then be able to slew to that. It would make the pilot have to work a bit more in cooperation with the JTAC, without being just point and click.

Thanks @jone_kone

I'm uploading a version now that includes planes.

I did a really quick test with the Wipeout and it looks like the marker options aren't showing up yet. The code I have put together is intended for multi-seat vehicles. If I enable the actions for pilots, the UAV pilots will see the actions too.

I'll try to come up with a workaround soon.

• Like 1

@fat_lurch

Wow, that was quick! :) It is as you said. The North indicator seems to work on airplanes but not the other features yet.

But now when I´ve been fidling around with the UAV:s this mod is basically exactly the features what have been missing from the vanilla TGP:s.  Very light and clean too. Inputting target grids manually will pretty much make it perfect from a CAS perspective.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:34 PM, jone_kone said:

@fat_lurch

Wow, that was quick! :) It is as you said. The North indicator seems to work on airplanes but not the other features yet.

But now when I´ve been fidling around with the UAV:s this mod is basically exactly the features what have been missing from the vanilla TGP:s.  Very light and clean too. Inputting target grids manually will pretty much make it perfect from a CAS perspective.

I just uploaded a version with initial support for slewing to typed grids to Steam Workshop.

Note that the turret seems to be off by about 100 meters for now. I'm looking into the cause.

Cancelling a slew to grid operation will also cause the turret to slew to the last typed grid. I'm working on this as well.

Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Very nice feature !

Thanks fat_lurch for the release !

Thanks GF!

• Thanks 1

Update 2019-01-19:

Slew to Grid:
-Improved accuracy
-Now slews to center of grid
-Added proper cancel functionality via escape key
-Set focus to text input when dialog comes up for faster input
-Users can now commit their entry with the Enter key on the numpad
-Tooltip added to Enter key to remind users of keyboard inputs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an idea. Please disregard if stupid... :)

How about a separate version for CAS planes and Jets? That way no workaround needed within the mod for the pilot/gunner issue and you could make mod specific changes? Mission makers could then choose if they want to use both mods or not?

Dowside is ofcourse double the work.

That is ofcourse if you want to pursue the CAS option at all. :)

10 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Just an idea. Please disregard if stupid... :)

How about a separate version for CAS planes and Jets? That way no workaround needed within the mod for the pilot/gunner issue and you could make mod specific changes? Mission makers could then choose if they want to use both mods or not?

Dowside is ofcourse double the work.

That is ofcourse if you want to pursue the CAS option at all. :)

Thanks for the idea jone_kone.

I seem to have plane support working now.

I've updated the list in my first post of which assets I've tested with.

Thanks

• Like 1

Update 2019-01-20

8 and 10 digit grid input is now supported.

• Like 2

Would anyone have an interest in a Moving Target Indicator (MTI) as part of this addon ?

5 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

Would anyone have an interest in a Moving Target Indicator (MTI) as part of this addon ?

Depends pretty much on how its implemented imho. Could easily be pretty op?

It would help if some of the features were toggable in the editor. Then a mission maker can activate and balance the assets for sp, coop or tvt missions? e.g. the slew to map click feature is easily op in a tvt scenario, but a very nice feature to have in a sp or coop scenario.

Update 2019-01-21

-Greatly improved accuracy in steep terrain

-Added support for pilot cameras - this ensures the A-164 will slew to target correctly

• Like 2

Is there any value in displaying an 8 or 10 digit grid in lieu of a 6 digit grid?

The other thought would be to make it toggle'able with a key or scroll action.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:48 AM, fat_lurch said:

Is there any value in displaying an 8 or 10 digit grid in lieu of a 6 digit grid?

The other thought would be to make it toggle'able with a key or scroll action.

Hmmm. Well 8 digit is 10 m accuracy and 10 digit is 1 m. 

From a personal perspective. Since i mostly play TVT. 10 digit is basically always directly on target. Hence 6 or 8 digit forces the pilot to work a bit more and is in my opinion better (especially 6). 8 digit is however directly compatible with ACE microdagr.

Best way to ensure that a mod can be used in any scenario is probably to make it as modular as possible and let the mission maker then choose what features to use.

Update 2019-01-30

-Added a simple 2D distance measurement feature that returns distance and heading between two points

• Like 2

Update 2019-02-03:

-Added settings dialog so user can hide GUI elements so they don't conflict with other addons (e.g. ITC)

-Added support for CUP Helicopters & USAF's AC-130 Spectre

- I *think* this is also working for Air Weapon Systems/Firewill's assets now. I've tested with the F-22 and things seemed to be working. If anyone has feedback one way or the other, please let me know.

Thanks

• Like 2

Update 2019-02-03:

-Added configurable keybinds for adding markers
-Added compatibility with Firewill's FIR AWS assets

Default keybinds:
Add Black Marker - Shift+1
Add Blue Marker - Shift +2
Add Red Marker - Shift +3

• Like 2

Update 2019-02-04

-I finally listened to jone_kone and made all the features configurable via CBA. This way mission makers can enable and disable features as they see fit.

-The target indicator now displays 6, 8 or 10 digit grids. This is configurable via the addon settings. The default is 6 digit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

Update 2019-02-04

-I finally listened to jone_kone and made all the features configurable via CBA. This way mission makers can enable and disable features as they see fit.

-The target indicator now displays 6, 8 or 10 digit grids. This is configurable via the addon settings. The default is 6 digit.

This is perfect! Opens up so much possibilities! Thank you for your hard work!

• Thanks 1

Update 2019-02-14:

-Fixed issue where actions could be displayed twice if you're looking at another aircraft with a turret
-Moved grid display slightly left to align better with RHS A-10 targeting display

• Like 1

@fat_lurch  

Been playing around with this mod now for a while. A few findings:

* It´s awesome!

* In the TGP mode a pitch number would be higly appriciated as currently it is occasionally pretty hard to guess the attitude of the aircraft while in TGP mode. Just a number in the down left corner would be enough, no fancy animations needed. 🙂 

* I found a small issue while testing this mod with my communitys repo where the Action Menu options disappeared when switching from pilot to tgp view. It reset after a few tries switching back and forth but is this a know issue? We do have an inhouse mod that restricts players from putting down markers on the map so that could cause conflicts. Also running ACE and a bunch of other mods.

10 hours ago, jone_kone said:

@fat_lurch  

Been playing around with this mod now for a while. A few findings:

* It´s awesome!

* In the TGP mode a pitch number would be higly appriciated as currently it is occasionally pretty hard to guess the attitude of the aircraft while in TGP mode. Just a number in the down left corner would be enough, no fancy animations needed. 🙂 

* I found a small issue while testing this mod with my communitys repo where the Action Menu options disappeared when switching from pilot to tgp view. It reset after a few tries switching back and forth but is this a know issue? We do have an inhouse mod that restricts players from putting down markers on the map so that could cause conflicts. Also running ACE and a bunch of other mods.

Thanks jone-kone, 

I should be able to add a simple pitch indicator. I'm guessing just a positive number for nose up, and negative for nose down?

I haven't experienced the issue you're describing. Would it be possible to record video of the issue? Also, knowing which aircraft you're using and which other mods you're using may be helpful.

It will take me a little while to get to this - I'm neck deep in my helocasting addon and I'd like to keep making forward progress so I can get an initial release out for testing.

Thanks

• Like 3