MrCrazyDude115

[Question] How can I force civilian clothing on an OPFOR unit?

Hey everyone,

So I'm making a custom factions mod, and I want to add a civilian uniform to one of my units but in the game he just shows up wearing the "default" clothing from the inherited class. How can I force the civilian uniform onto him?

My code:

class gen_scav_looter1: I_Soldier_base_F //Unit Class name: Class getting info from
    {
        side = 0;
        faction = "gen_scav"; //Your Faction
        vehicleclass = "gen_looters"; //Unit Group
        author = "Genesi[s]";
        identityTypes[] =  {"LanguageENG_F","Head_NATO","G_NATO_default"};
        scope = 2;                          // 2 = class is available in the editor; 1 = class is unavailable in the editor, but can be accessed via a macro; 0 = class is unavailable (and used for inheritance only).
        scopeCurator = 2;                   // 2 = class is available in Zeus; 0 = class is unavailable in Zeus.
        scopeArsenal = 2;                   // 2 = class is available in the Virtual Arsenal; 0 = class is unavailable in the Virtual Arsenal.
        displayName = "Looter 1"; //In-Game Name
        uniformClass = "U_C_Poor_1";
        weapons[] = {"rhs_weap_makarov_pm","Throw","Put"};
        respawnWeapons[] = {"rhs_weap_makarov_pm","Throw","Put"};
        magazines[] = {"rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S"};
        respawnMagazines[] = {"rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S","rhs_mag_9x18_8_57N181S"};
        Items[] = {FirstAidKit};                // Which items the character has.
        linkedItems[] = {"ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemRadio","ItemWatch","eo_legstrapbag_1","H_HeadBandage_stained_F","eo_respirator_1"};
        respawnLinkedItems[] = {"ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemRadio","ItemWatch","eo_legstrapbag_1","H_HeadBandage_stained_F","eo_respirator_1"};
        backpack = "eo_field";

};

You can make the soldier you want to wear civilian cothes to inherit straight from the civilian class whose clothes you want him to wear. Then add side, faction and vehicleclass so he should show up as OPFOR instead of civilian class. ;)

I_Soldier_base_F class should be changed to the civilian class that wears the "U_C_Poor_1" uniform.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bucket man said:

You can make the soldier you want to wear civilian cothes to inherit straight from the civilian class whose clothes you want him to wear. Then add side, faction and vehicleclass so he should show up as OPFOR instead of civilian class. ;)

I_Soldier_base_F class should be changed to the civilian class that wears the "U_C_Poor_1" uniform.

Thank you! I'll try it now :)

Or you can create a new hidden uniform class (CfgWeapons) that is linked to your opfor units.
This new uniform will be opfor sided.

Examples :
https://github.com/GdC-Framework/CPC_Factions/blob/master/CPC_Factions_CUP_Latin/CfgWeapons.hpp
https://github.com/GdC-Framework/CPC_Factions/blob/master/CPC_Factions_CUP_Latin/guerilla.hpp

• Thanks 1