Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Gentleman

Laser pointer positioning

Hello,

I have recently made an IR laser pointer attachment but the "laser beam" positions itself offset of where I put "laser pos" and "laser dir". I have attached an image and config code to clearify. The laser attachment itself is positioned on the top front of the handguard, while the laser itself is somewhere at the magazine. I have already set all the LODS to autocenter=0. I have no idea what this could be causing. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Crazy Gentleman

Spoiler

class InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F;
class acc_pointer_IR;
class crazy_anpeq15 : acc_pointer_IR
{
	displayName = "AN-PEQ/15";
	author="TenoYL & CrazyGentleman";
	model="cg_ar15_pack\acc\DBAL\DBAL.p3d";
	class ItemInfo: InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F
	{
		RMBhint="IR Laser";
		mass = 8;

class Pointer
		{
			irLaserPos = "laser pos";
			irLaserEnd = "laser dir";
			irDistance = 5;
		};
		class FlashLight{};
	};
};

ygZPueE.jpg

I have this issue as well. My custom IR Laser Pointer would operate correctly on any BI weapon but not on my custom weapon.

I am unsure if you are using a BI weapon or custom, but double-check your "linkproxy" and "WeaponsSlotInfo" in your weapon's config.  I asked for assistance in the A3 discord, Ill post my answer here once I fix my issue. 

EDIT: If it's a custom weapon, add a "View Pilot LOD" with the proxy and see if that affects your issue in any way. I re-coded my config, added a View Pilot LOD, and I replaced the proxy on all the needed LODs + added the proxy to the View Pilot LOD. This process seemed to fix the issue. While I am unsure if the View Pilot LOD was the solution, it is the only major change that happened in my workflow compared to my previous attempts of troubleshooting.

Super late comment but maybe this can assist someone else! 🙂

Edited by Guest
Updated Infomation