Hello!

I would like to share a little mod I cooked up. I used the refraction particle effect (what you can see on jet engine exhaust effect) in order to create a visible blast wave that distorts the view.
This is just a tiny little mod that is compatible with vanilla, blastcore and whatever you want.

I know it might look a bit weird with the blast wave moving way slower than it should in real life, but I wanted to have it be visible. If you want a faster blast wave you just depbo the mod and change the "lifeTime" values to be lower, this makes the blastwave effect faster.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwv4ocnrvm5ordd/@Blast_Refract.zip/file

Note: the video is a bit old, showcasing the testing I did. Since then I fixed the issues with the large explosion effects.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

I have the same effect when I have Taco Bell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very nice. Love a mod that can be achieved using just the core capabilities of the engine (sans-scripts).

On 1/27/2020 at 6:12 AM, KycbMaH said:

hi! gread jobe mate, but will u upload it on steam workshop?

No, when I first uploaded this mod there, people there behaved like complete dickwads, and I didn't feel like bothering with that again.

• Confused 2

One of my subscribers just recommended this mod, and I must say this is crazy awesome. Do I have your permission to include this in a Top 15 video?

• Like 5

Hi taro8,
While I understand your reasoning for not uploading to Steam Workshop, I would love to use this in our Community Modlist.
Would you consent for me to upload it to the workshop in your lieu, mention that I am not the creator, and that you would prefer to remain anonymous for the timebeing?
That way, it would be more accessable, but you would not be under the obligation to maintain it with reg. updates which I know can be taxing.