bucket man

Problem repacked addons, actual units dont show up in the editor

So I ran into some weird problems when I unpacked some addons made by the community. For example I unpacked CUP mods ammunition PBO to alter some hit damage values. I am not trying to release new content, just editing them to my own taste. I have done this before countless times but now the same recipe isnt working. The addons load so that they show up in the editor unit lists but no UI pictures or icons are shown and neither are the actual models. I can place a unit on the map but its invisible. If I add a PREFIX file in the addon folder I get error "End of line encoutered, line 1". If I dont add it the missing units problem as described above comes into play. I have tried unpacking and repacking them with Eliteness, PBO View and the official Addon Builder and RevBank tool but all produce the same results.

So any hints what I am missing? Like I said I have done these edits to CUP addons before, increasing aircraft armor so they dont fall from a single 23mm shell and increasing dispersion on autocannons and machineguns and everything worked fine.

You should not rebuild. You should use a replacement config dependent on the one you want to modify. In other words, you should create your own addon that act as a patch for the existing one.

• Like 1