Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Ww1 fokker dri almost ready!

Guest BratZ

Hi,

I almost have my Red Baron WW1 Fokker DrI warplane almost done.

After it is done,I want to start on WW2 Warplanes since this is getting easrier

Hope the pics work

Image 1 > 300 kb

Image 2 > 300 kb

Please don't post pictures > 100 kb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Dec. 29 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Links arent working for me<span id='postcolor'>

ditto

Guest BratZ

There the links are fixed (I can see the pics now?)

The plane actually looks better than in the pics,more work has been done and it flys well and looks slightly better than in the pics.Any ideas or comments?

Think no doubt this will be a good and fun addon....but it will it be able to compete in air to air with the recent BIS release of teh Camel WW1 fighter???

Kevin

biscamel1.jpg

Thats the camel for those who for some reason dont already have it.

Hope bis release more individual official addons.

Kevin

Guest BratZ

The Fokker EIII in the background is someone elses and that has been released.

I might make a few Fokkers,dunno

SO far I need to finish my flaps and cockpit,I have the cockpit looking nice with actual textures...but thats the problem,I need decent textures

The Fokker DRI cockpit is smaller than the Camel and you do sit in it different,Your main view is the middle of wings and the 2 Spandau LMG's and some of the cockpit area,but its a different view.Just your head is really sticking out.Your really viewing between the wings

I was hoping for ideas on this...Its an old plane and simple and there not much fancy,I spent time on the shape and look as there is not many gadgets I have to play with.The cockpit only has 3 gauges I can see....Clock,Compass and Pressure.

On the hood there is something and an altimeter is mounted on a wing suspension.I havent done any of the gauges yet.

But I have flown and compared it alot (to Camel and Klinks SE5) so that the speed,guns and handling are similiar to the Camel (Camel is slightly faster and better)

The quality is close to that of the Bis Camel that I think so far

I will post some new screens soon,as its really getting there.No major problems but I am still learning and this is my first public model

Thanx for all the help guys

Nice looking so far. Thought I heard somewhere that you coudln't put a turret on an airplane, otherwise I would love to see one of those old tailgunner type planes to fly the camel and the folker against. Keep up the good work.