Yes it all works fine. What I'm saying IS  i still get normal ravage spawns mixed in. Never mind, this will have to  do.thanks for ur help meng

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

i still get normal ravage spawns mixed in

In the Test mission ?

On 2/3/2019 at 8:39 PM, CHICKENLICKEN said:

No in my mission.

Did you got this working ?

So, I got this working perfectly on my local machine, but when I test it on a dedicated server, there's a problem: the script is set to work on OPFOR, and under specific classnames, I've provided the classnames for CSAT (Pacific) because they're close to the group I want to change loadouts for. On the dedicated server, they get the correct loadouts EXCEPTS for the fact that NVGs and launchers are not removed or replaced. I tried adding lines to the loadout.sqf files to "removeItem" on the specific NVGs and specific launchers used by CSAT Pacific, but that didn't work, either. I know this isn't a problem with your script, but I'm wondering if, as an experienced scripter, you might know why these two particular items are impossible to remove?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, diehardfc said:

On the dedicated server, they get the correct loadouts EXCEPTS for the fact that NVGs and launchers are not removed or replaced.

Hello there diehardfc !

To be honest ,

i haven't heard or seen this ever playing so far also on dedicated !

- The whole thing is that , as you said is working properly on local but on dedicated , it doesn't  remove the nvgs and the launchers.

First of all , have you test the example mission without mods on dedicated ? ( I haven't just to know !)

just to be sure about the problem , without even Cba addon.

If it's fine , try also with Cba and i'm waiting the results !

It's not my server, so I don't have permission to change the mods being used. That being said, since the script calls for removeAllWeapons and removeAllItems first, and then calls for the addItems and addWeapons second, I feel like it's generally working properly. After all, my OPFOR units do have all their gear removed, and do receive the new gear that the script calls for, just with the exception of launchers and NVGs. I tried to add some code to do it manually, at the end of the "remove existing items" section, that used the unlinkItem and removeWeaponGlobal commands, but that didn't seem to help. However, while the server is running, if I bind a variable to a unit as Zeus and execute the same commands with the local variable, the launcher and NVGs are successfully removed; it's almost as if the items don't recognize _unit in the custom loadout script.

EDIT: Well, it turns out things aren't working in more ways than one. I was using CSAT (Pacific) and assuming everything was fine, but on a whim, I put down some RHS OPFOR, and wouldn't you know it, they get redressed, but their weapons, gear, and identity don't change. Isn't that bizarre? I feel like if the removeAllWeapons command didn't work, why would the removeUniform command work? How does it only succeed at some items in the "remove existing items" section and some items in the "add containers" section? I went back and made sure this wasn't happening on local, and everything is fine there; no matter what unit I put down, it gets redressed accordingly.

Edited by diehardfc
Additional information to share
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, diehardfc said:

EDIT: Well, it turns out things aren't working in more ways than one. I was using CSAT (Pacific) and assuming everything was fine, but on a whim, I put down some RHS OPFOR, and wouldn't you know it, they get redressed, but their weapons, gear, and identity don't change. Isn't that bizarre?

If the server is running extra scripts and mods and the mission as well , might contain any kind of script that may interfere or even apply changes to the loadouts .

This is why i asked you if it's possible to check it .

But generally , the loadouts.sqf code is Bis code , copy pasted from the arsenal .

So i don't think that the code is the problem , but as said a script or mod might interfere.

So far playing arma , i haven't heard anything like that.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks !

Hi.

Just wanted to say thank you for this nice script. It's been working flawlessly for me in single-player Ravage scenario.

Following your example, I've added code for civilian side to control renegades load outs as well.

If you are going to further edit/enhance this script, the one thing I feel could use improvement would be the ability to add the loadout arrays per side instead of under all units. It obviously works well as is, but seems like you need to make the same amount of loadouts per faction.

Either way this script is good, just what I've wanted since I started playing Ravage. Thanks a bunch.

Regards.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fitzee said:

I started playing Ravage.

Hello there fitzee !

Thank you very much !

First of all i would say to that , since you like Ravage , i have create a Ravage Forum :

and the script i like to use for Ravage loadout is this :

Give it a try !

I fixed the problem with certain parts of the code not running on the dedicated server by moving the executing call from initServer.sqf to init.sqf. It's not ideal, since it'll run on every connecting machine, but at least now it works perfectly, changing every aspect of units on the map as well as those placed by Zeus. Thanks for making this, George - it's like a custom faction creator!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, diehardfc said:

I fixed the problem with certain parts of the code not running on the dedicated server by moving the executing call from initServer.sqf to init.sqf.

Thank you very much and thank you also that you solved the issue.

I will add this issue with the solution in the front page.

Every time that i'm creating a script , i try to be as easier to read and edit !

Have fun diehardfc !   :thumb:

While it's not your job to fix my problems, I wanted to share that moving execution of the script to init.sqf actually caused problems when my community ran it with 50 players. Every time a player joined, the script would run and redress all units on the map, and as you can imagine, this caused massive desync. So, while I appreciate that you added my solution to the front page of the thread, I no longer believe that to be an applicable solution.

I feel like the script needs to run from initServer.sqf, but for reasons that elude me, this only works partially on a dedicated server. Uniforms and vests are changed, inventories are emptied and sometimes replaced, but weapons, backpacks, NVGs, and identities are not changed. Perhaps some kind soul with dedicated server skill will read this and offer some bit of enlightenment. This doesn't change the fact that this is an awesome script, George!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, diehardfc said:

While it's not your job to fix my problems, I wanted to share that moving execution of the script to init.sqf actually caused problems when my community ran it with 50 players.

First of all thank you very much for your kind words and check about this :

Try Killzone Kid's examples :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isServer

try in the init.sqf to add :

if (isServer) then { //run on dedicated server or player host };

Thanks and i will be waiting for your news !

I just got out from one whole week in hospital and just logged in !

• Thanks 1

You were in the hospital? I hope everything is okay! Are you in good health? Are things better now?

Killzone Kid's examples are a great way to set conditions for the execution of scripts. I learned a lot from his examples. I think what I need is a condition that runs on curator machines. E.g., isCurator. Here's why:

I've done some reading, and to the best of my understanding, all curator actions are executed on the machine local to the curator. Those changes are then communicated across the multiplayer network. So, I started thinking about how to run your script only on my local machine so that the results would be communicated to everyone else without them having to run any code. I think you could do this from the debug console, but I already use the Ares Achilles mod by Kex, which has an "Execute Custom Code" module. You can enter code or the path to a script and run it on either Local, Server, or Global machines. A preliminary test running your script Local seems to work, with units being completely redressed, with weapons, NVGs, and identities changed. Of course, I was working alone, so I have to run a test with other players connected later this week to make sure, but I'm very confident it will work. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether running the code on a local machine will affect units placed by another curator. We always have two curators during missions, so if the code isn't affecting all units, then both curators might need to run the script. I'll update with a verdict of success or failure after our big multiplayer game this weekend. Thanks again for your hard work on this - I'm dreaming of all the customization options possible!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, diehardfc said:

I hope everything is okay!

Thank you vejry much diehardfc !

I will be waiting for news.

If it's possible though , try to run the example mission on a dedicated server , with mods , because to be honest , i don't think that the dedicated or the script is the actual issue.

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Playing the Campaign with GRESOF LITE mas mod

I posted this on purpose not for the photos obviously ! , in order to know that this is also possible.

Some (low res !) pics here :

KNyDdeG.png

EnhDrc2.jpgtBhsoXn.png

addons used :

Cba , GRESOF LITE mas , GF Exported Loadouts Script - Mod

Reveal hidden contents
1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This took me like 15 minutes,  to unpack the mod version , edit the loadouts and pack the mod again.

The example for everyone below :

The included mod is an example for West units only with four different loadouts for west and excluded the SP hero characteurs.

GF_Exported_Loadouts Example with @GRESOF_LITE_mas for West.zip

Expires in: 4 Weeks   |   Size: 66.1 KB   | 22.02.19 

Thanks !

I can't figure out how to make it so that all AAF Riflemen will change to a certain loadout, and all CSAT riflemen to a different loadout, etc... and so on depending on their class.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrCrazyDude115 said:

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hello there MrCrazyDude115 !

I decided to update the whole code , in order to be more user friendly ,  clear and readable .

Everything now is easier and sorted also to different sides , including also more available settings.

so now i 'm packing right now also the Mod version and uploading.

Once is up , check it and i think that everything will be ready to use !

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there MrCrazyDude115 !

I decided to update the whole code , in order to be more user friendly ,  clear and readable .

Everything now is easier and sorted also to different sides , including also more available settings.

so now i 'm packing right now also the Mod version and uploading.

Once is up , check it and i think that everything will be ready to use !

Thank you, George! Do we have to wait for it to be updated on Armaholic? Or do you have another download?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MrCrazyDude115 said:

Do we have to wait for it to be updated on Armaholic?

Since you asked i will send you a copy on private.

• Thanks 1

Changelog:

v3.0
The code is completely reworked ,
in order to be more user friendly , clear and readable .
Everything now is easier and sorted also to different sides , including also more available settings.

• Thanks 2

Thanks a lot ! Looks really better then previous. Waiting for new version of Auto population with integration of this. 

• Thanks 1

hi.

i'm the guy who need help about script editing.

• Like 1

Hello there 7ali7 !

So you need to change only your group units or all the certain side , ex. all the east side ?

• Like 1