Eutyches

[Issue] [Designated Server] Once I have added a certain number of mods, players can see the mod list (launcher) and appear to connect but are greeted w/a blank loading screen.

Please let me know if I should share any more information to help with solving the problem. I am still a rookie server administrator.

On the designated game server that I manage via LinuxGSM (https://linuxgsm.com/) in an SSDNodes (https://www.ssdnodes.com/) installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04, I have been facing a strange issue.

With up to about 25 mods loaded in the "-mods" option -- that is, as both server-side and client-side -- everything works perfectly. If I add 1-2 more mods, I reach a grey area in which clients are sometimes able to connect and sometimes not. With any number of "-mods" beyond that (say, 27 or more), no matter what the mods are, clients cannot connect at all.

Because I have carefully shortened the file names within the "mod" and "meta" configuration files of the mods that have longer names, everything shows up correctly in the standard Arma 3 Launcher. Yet when joining from the launcher, I am greeted with a blank loading screen. When joining via direct connect using the in-game server browser, I am greeted by a blank Tanoa map loading screen.

The console does not show any error messages.

Does anyone know how I could fix this issue?
Thank you.

SERVER HW SPECIFICATIONS
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz, 4 cores
16 GB RAM
80 GB SSD

Crossposted to Arma Discord.
Linux open file limit. -> Google

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Crossposted to Arma Discord.
Linux open file limit. -> Google

Dedmen has been most helpful in the Arma Discord. However, this issue is still unresolved. Increasing the open file limit did not solve the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? A proposed solution?