LSValmont

Error with BIS_fnc_findSafePos after a BIS_fnc_randomPos pos.

I am getting this error when using BIS_fnc_findSafePos after getting a position from BIS_fnc_randomPos.

7401649409c246983c2931e097299d798384c7df

This is the script that generates that error:

_FirstPos = [] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
_Residential_Area = nearestLocations [_FirstPos, ["NameCity","NameCityCapital","NameVillage"], worldSize];
_Residential_Position = position (_Residential_Area select (floor (random (count _Residential_Area))));

_Rdm_Pos =  [[[_Residential_Position, random 1]],["water"]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
_Safe_Pos = [_Rdm_Pos, 0, 100, 10, 0, 0.1, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_pos = _Safe_Pos;

_pos

This however works without any errors:

_FirstPos = [] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
_Residential_Area = nearestLocations [_FirstPos, ["NameCity","NameCityCapital","NameVillage"], worldSize];
_Residential_Position = position (_Residential_Area select (floor (random (count _Residential_Area))));

_Rdm_Pos =  [[[_Residential_Position, random 1]],["water"]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;

_pos = _Rdm_Pos;

_pos

//this works without errors and gives me a position value just fine

So the error only happens when I take the position generated by _Rnd_Pos (BIS_fnc_randomPos) and use it inside _Safe_Pos (BIS_fnc_findSafePos).

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Deleted my previous response as I tested both codes and no errors for me.

Hi Killzone_Kid! 

Really? Perhaps if I upload the mission for you to check it? The full script is a little bit longer but I figured those were the relevant parts since removing the _Safe_Pos fixed the error but also the better positioning of the missions. 

Your error is probably with passing [x,y] for center instead or [x,y,z] to BIS_fnc_randomPos. Surely you can debug it yourself

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LSValmont said:

_Safe_Pos = [_Rdm_Pos, 0, 100, 10, 0, 0.1, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

The problem comes from : BIS_fnc_findSafePos

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_findSafePos

Spoiler

defaultPos (Optional): Array - default position when no position is found (Default: []). Array format is [landPosition, seaPosition], where:

landPosition: Array - in format [x,y] or [x,y,z] - default position on land

seaPosition: Array - in format [x,y] or [x,y,z] - default position on water

Return Value:

Array - in format [x,y] on success. When position cannot be found at all, default map center position is returned, which will be in format [x,y,0]

so this can change if you add the 0 [x,y,0]

_Pos = [(_Pos select 0) , (_Pos select 1) , 0];

any better idea ?

Basically i have done this error in my GF Missions script and i haven't fixed this because i'm geting another issue then , with EOS script.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LSValmont said:

_pos = _Safe_Pos;

in order to check this you can :

systemchat format ["%1",_pos ];
copytoclipboard str _pos ;	// copy paste
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

The problem comes from : BIS_fnc_findSafePos

Not really. the error is in BIS_fnc_randomPosTrigger, but BIS_fnc_findSafePos doesn't call BIS_fnc_randomPosTrigger

• Like 2

2 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Not really. the error is in BIS_fnc_randomPosTrigger, but BIS_fnc_findSafePos doesn't call BIS_fnc_randomPosTrigger

If the error is in BIS_fnc_randomPos then why does the error only happens if you have a BIS_fnc_findSafePos using the position generated by BIS_fnc_randomPos? That is so weird... Soon I will be near my PC and will be able to test using George Floros' suggestions. 

6 hours ago, LSValmont said:

If the error is in BIS_fnc_randomPos then why does the error only happens if you have a BIS_fnc_findSafePos using the position generated by BIS_fnc_randomPos? That is so weird... Soon I will be near my PC and will be able to test using George Floros' suggestions. 

I have no errors so must be something else on your end