With the official f2p launch being this year, I was wondering if characters will be reset for those that have been playing the game in Game Preview?

I was searching through the forums to see if anyone has asked yet and found very little. I know there are perks from the Founders Pack but I don’t think that will be enough to suffice the character, shelter and weapons that players have been acquiring within the Game Preview time.

With the gameplay as well balanced as it is, I don’t really see the concern of how new players could be overwhelmed by everyone else having better guns and such. I use the Suomi a lot and find it to be a really well balanced gun even against someone who is using a higher end weapon.   

Another good point. I for one would be disappointed if I lost the fruits of my labours once the game is launched.

They have done one reset so far, and have said that we can expect a reset whenever a major content update is issued. I would assume there will be one when it goes f2p as well, but I dont know. That would be a good question for thier Wednesday streams.

Valid comment. I would appreciate some guidance from the Devs, as it would completely change my approach to the game.

• Like 1

Considering this game is the budget console version of EFT, regular resets with each major update is necessary.

Why should our characters be reset if we're paying for founders? You pay to play to help then make more content unless we are compensated in some way a reset when it goes f2p would be a little bs in my opinion

Hello there and thank you so much for asking.
Yes, there will definitely be a wipe of progression of some kind before the full release. That I can say for sure.
Before the F2p release, we will be obviously delivering massive changes and fixes into the game so the wipe would be unavoidable. But this way we will also make sure to create a fair environment for both - new and old players. 

BUT - we are already discussing all of the possibilities how can we compensate - at least partially - this loss to our players. There I no exact plans yet so I do not want to make any promises. But we are currently discussing the possibility of giving something back to the players as a compensation to the progress loss. 
Hope this helped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does help, and I'm sure any gesture that enables early adopters to retain some of their stash and upgrades would be much appreciated. Even 10% of the stash, rounded up to nearest whole number,  and whatever you think reasonable for shelter upgrades. Any dates for the F2p release?

In addition to my earlier post, and after a couple of hours on the game since the post, I just wanted to add that for me, knowing that there is going to be a reset has now taken the edge away a little. I think others may feel the same, and for me the sooner you release the F2p version, either with or without concessions for the founders, the better. I'm finding that looting and collecting weapon parts and items for upgrading is beginning to feel a little pointless.

• Thanks 1

Ho my god !! This is Scandal!!!! we should working hard to upgrad, i paid 20 euros And you, you want reset all labor ? Are you realy serious ?  

In compensation give me my money or dont delete the labor of your favorit community and bêta tester

On 3/18/2019 at 3:17 AM, Daniel Aaguile said:

So do the crowns reset back to 1500 if you have used them? 

As mentioned in our Article about Boosters and Crowns system as well as in our FAQ on vigorgame.com: 

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE CROWNS I HAVE SPENT/PURCHASED AFTER THE WIPE OF PROGRESSION WITH THE F2P RELEASE?

All Crowns you have spent and purchased will be returned to you after the full release of the game. Thanks to that, we highly encourage you to try them out now - this way you will be able to test which boosters work the best for you as well as it will give us valuable feedback we need.

I am struggling to understand why early adopters who stumped up real money should lose their progress. Players waiting for the F2P release should be prepared to accept a disadvantage.

The new economy update is going to make shelter updates much harder to achieve. Not sure I'm keen to start at the beginning again.

Come on guys, its game preview. we all knew that. Plus it wouldn't be very fair to new players when it leaves early access and goes F2P to be facing a tonne of people armed to the teeth on day one, that would'nt exactly make for a balanced or fun experience for anyone. also lets be real, so many weapons will be rebalanced & so many house upgrades will be rebalanced etc that a fresh start for everyone will be the easiest most bug free way to implement what will most likely be a giant update on full release day. Also getting the 1500 crowns back in there entirety on day one of F2P is literally equate to twice the real word monetary value we all spent on the game, plus we get a free unique gesture, clothing & most likely more to be announced later. I think were getting a pretty damn good deal, the knowledge everyone whos play tested the game all this time alone will give you a giant advantage in game over new players anyway. Just my opinion though & you are certainly entitled to disagree.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, Pyrit. said:

Hello there and thank you so much for asking.
Yes, there will definitely be a wipe of progression of some kind before the full release. That I can say for sure.
Before the F2p release, we will be obviously delivering massive changes and fixes into the game so the wipe would be unavoidable. But this way we will also make sure to create a fair environment for both - new and old players. 

BUT - we are already discussing all of the possibilities how can we compensate - at least partially - this loss to our players. There I no exact plans yet so I do not want to make any promises. But we are currently discussing the possibility of giving something back to the players as a compensation to the progress loss. 
Hope this helped. 

Totally unrelated, but Pyrit who do i have to maim in order to get me one of those awesome Vigor red/black lumber jack shirts your wearing in your forum picture?! just point me in there direction. 😉

Yetibum the points you make are fair, and as always in a debate between reasonable people, reason ensues.

Consider the updated economy fixes in 0.8. I get quite a lot of enjoyment from the upgrading of the shelter and the new fixes are going to make that quite a grind, particularly with the shortage (still) of chemicals and other rare items. Yes, I understand that as rare items they should be harder to find... But as an example, if you need 250 chemicals for an update, that is likely to require in the region of 50 or more successful encounters to collect. I feel that's quite a lot considering my current successful encounter  rate of maybe 60/70%.

Also, your armed to the teeth jibe is off the mark for me. Having tried most of the weapons I still use the Suomi and fallkniven. So for me progress is unrelated to weaponry. The new glint feature being excellent for spotting snipers by the way.

I still hold the view that if your too tight to stump up 16 quid then accept the disadvantage (considering the price of some recent game releases, it's peanuts).

Also the 1500 crowns will soon be gone with founders funding boosters which the new F2P players can take advantage of (for free yet again if they choose).

And yes, I can play day in day out and grind my way back to level 10, as I'm thankfully retired. But not sure I have the enthusiasm.

I'm interested in other views, and as always in a democracy (apparently with the exception of Brexit) majority rules, and I'll accept the final verdict of the Devs, however grudgingly.

Finally, thanks for posting your views. It's great to get debates started and will make the Devs more aware of players views, ultimately making the game even better.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, TheYetiBum said:

Come on guys, its game preview. we all knew that. Plus it wouldn't be very fair to new players when it leaves early access and goes F2P to be facing a tonne of people armed to the teeth on day one, that would'nt exactly make for a balanced or fun experience for anyone. also lets be real, so many weapons will be rebalanced & so many house upgrades will be rebalanced etc that a fresh start for everyone will be the easiest most bug free way to implement what will most likely be a giant update on full release day. Also getting the 1500 crowns back in there entirety on day one of F2P is literally equate to twice the real word monetary value we all spent on the game, plus we get a free unique gesture, clothing & most likely more to be announced later. I think were getting a pretty damn good deal, the knowledge everyone whos play tested the game all this time alone will give you a giant advantage in game over new players anyway. Just my opinion though & you are certainly entitled to disagree.

They sure as hell haven't suffered the problem pain we have playing DayZ.