Oldninja

Shoot through walls??

I can't be sure, but can think of no other explanation.

I entered the game within 5 metres of the vault. Quickly stripped the barriers at a window and entered to start the vault opening process. Hid in a corner adjacent to the main door so I could cover any entry via the window and the door. Noticed the end of a gun barrel for a split second at the window. The would have allowed the player to locate me. Within a minute, and with no noticeable activity at the door or window, a round of bullets, seemingly from outside and Behind me, finished me off whilst I was out of any direct line of sight.

Any one else been finished in that way. And more to the point is it actually possible to shoot through certain walls?

Hello there.
I saw a few similar posts for example on our reddit page - But the answer is simple - No. 

You cannot shoot through walls, or doors in Vigor. We have looked into those reported issues but always discovered that the shot actually came from a different angle. You can always tell from where is the shooting coming from thanks to the indicator. 

However since you clearly stated that you were actually inside of the barred house, I will make sure to forward this information to the team so we can be sure. But you definitely shouldn't be able to shoot through walls. Hope this helped. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The other possible solution was the other player shooting through the gaps in the barred doorway. Just a thought.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, Oldninja said:

The other possible solution was the other player shooting through the gaps in the barred doorway. Just a thought.

I shoot players who hide in the barred house through the gaps in the boarded up doors or windows a lot.

Each to their own but staying in there whilst waiting for the vault to pop can lead to death 😏