Oh! you mean by synchronizing a BIS air support module to HAS, between the linked helo and HAS? I'll try that! Thanx!

28 minutes ago, zegolem said:

Oh! you mean by synchronizing a BIS air support module to HAS, between the linked helo and HAS? I'll try that! Thanx!

No, not synchronizing just putting a BI module down and syncing that to the player or to whom is to have the support, so aside HAS you can have

CAS via Jet or other heli like from a mod as HAS is not efficient or functional in terms of working with heli mods, or helis from mods.

You can do artillery too, obviously HAS is the main focus here but basically im saying if your looking for other air support then BI modules can help.

Syncing anything to HAS module other then heli's, and player/playable was never tested nor would i think would work as its coded specifically for helis.

Ah ok, my bad, MGI advanced air support had this option, so I had a dream... Yes, BIS modules are ok for that and I used them a bit but they lack the immersion level and the sense of details of HAS (that I really enjoy).

The idea for the init or action script field came from some modules which include them (DMP, MGI...). That helps to make some really interesting things to personalize the use of modules. Thanx anyway!

The good news is, I like the idea of "init code field" and it is most likely doable and easy enough to implement. 

The worse news is not really a news, because I said that already. I'm occupied with other stuff currently and I've no idea, when I'll be back to the HAS topic. 

• Like 1

Thanx for your answer, that would be great! I'll look for this update for sure, we enjoy this nice module a lot. 

Hi - Just loaded Ver 1.96 and keep getting a server key error.  I used identical versions - but could not get the mod to load.  This issue is on a dedicated server. The mod works fine in a local mode. Cheers.

Hello KG_CAS, Welcome to BI forums!

and to the HAS thread.

What is the error your getting exactly?

Also is the server open to the public or private with pw?

Hi Gunter, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Here is a screen shot of the error message.

https://pasteboard.co/KhuMvJQ.png

The key is in the keys folder on the server.

I also re-installed the mod (from the workshop) on both the dedi pc & the local game pc.

Still no joy.

Here is the server ip: 139.99.177.210:2300 

UPDATE

Via Steam Workshop

Update: Aug 25 @ 8:17am

v1.96
====
- Version maintained.
- Resigned the mod, new bisign.
- New Bikey.

==========

4 hours ago, KG_CAS said:

I also re-installed the mod (from the workshop) on both the dedi pc & the local game pc.

Alright KG_CAS give it a try now as above i resigned the mod, and created a new bikey

hopefully that works for you. There is a link to google drive which is the module version but in a zip

Cheers!

Gunter - Outstanding! The Mod is working as expected on the dedicated server. Thank you for your prompt action.

BTW perhaps you might want to check some of the links on the Steam Page for the Mod, some links are throwing a 404 error.

KG_CAS is the Kapitol Gaming admin account, you may recall me (OZPAX) from Battle Royale days. As a fellow dev, please pass on my thanks (and the thanks of our little band of not very serious A3 players) for an exceptional mod.  We use this mod with the S.O.G. DLC and it adds an element of realism that makes that game mode so very much more enjoyable & immersive. Well done to all.  

• Like 1

BUG REPORT !!

if you have CAS do a SAD and cancel it before it is done it will not return to Base, it only goes to the last WP you made for approach route.

When you use Transport you get a text i left down corner a sentence that says something with a GameLogic and a replied sentence.

it is no big thing but to sad about the CAS, that don't return to Base (it can get shot down by some bad guys..) and that will be a waste of a helicopter.

// PLay3r

• Thanks 1

Was that with mods or vanilla game?

Could be helicopters from mods your using, or it could be mods your running along side HAS, or it could be a

real bug, thing is we got to be able to reproduce it on our end and you know thats going to be

through the vanilla game in.

I'll take a look at the demo and see if i can reproduce the same thing.

Edit... cant reproduce it, everything works fine on my end, if i cancel the cas after giving it

waypoints it will return to base.

When you use Transport you get a text i left down corner a sentence that says something with a GameLogic and a replied sentence. 

Sure your using the module? Because only the script uses a gamelogic.

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Was that with mods or vanilla game?

Could be helicopters from mods your using, or it could be mods your running along side HAS, or it could be a

real bug, thing is we got to be able to reproduce it on our end and you know thats going to be

through the vanilla game in.

I'll take a look at the demo and see if i can reproduce the same thing.

Edit... cant reproduce it, everything works fine on my end, if i cancel the cas after giving it

waypoints it will return to base.

Sure your using the module? Because only the script uses a gamelogic.

All i have is Cup Maps using the map called Utes, base is the airport on the map.

Is says GameLogic " Transport Dispatced".

i use the Huron for transport.

i use the BlackFoot for CAS.

// Play3r

Edit : have you tried to cancel the CAS when it starts the SAD, that is when it happens for me.

1 hour ago, Play3r said:

Edit : have you tried to cancel the CAS when it starts the SAD, that is when it happens for me.

Yes, and had no issues, heli rtb'd right after as i had zeus in the demo mission so i watched it return

and land where it took off from.

Do you have invisible heli pads, or any sort of heli pads at the base where the heli's originally start at?

14 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Yes, and had no issues, heli rtb'd right after as i had zeus in the demo mission so i watched it return

and land where it took off from.

Do you have invisible heli pads, or any sort of heli pads at the base where the heli's originally start at?

yes i have 2 invisible helipads 1 for each heli.

after my first post i have tried to replecate my setup and now i don't have the transport problem.

only the Cas problem.

the player is synced to the module and the module is synced to the two helicopters..

Ya idk dude, maybe wait and see what Rydygier comes up with, im sure he'll test it on his end and look at the code.

Maybe your RPT could reveal something but you'll need to reproduce the issue again and then grab the rpt after as whatever

code conflict, or other influence should show itself in the rpt.

• Like 1

Well, that's yet another thing, that would need to wait, till I've free mind for it. From you, guys, said it looks like hit-or-miss hard to reproduce problem, so unless I'll have vanilla reliable repro from you (which is hard in this case), I can only try to review relevant part of the code or test myself in hope, I'll by able to see it myself. It may be either a flaw in the script logic, either some quirk in engine-level heli behavior while performing SAD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On helicopter respawn, I'm getting not duplicate helos, but duplicate calls for helos in the support menu. Originally it will be HAS1, then, pending the helicopter crashing, exploding etc, I get another HAS1. If I pick the wrong HAS1 for support, I will be stuck in a loop of no support helo coming, and unable to cancel the previous call, thus ending any ability to use the Helicopter.

Thanks for the feedback and report!

Are you using vanilla helicopters or one from a mod when this occurs?

Any other mods, or scripts when your running HAS?

How long have you been playing your mission before you had seen this duplicate calls?, as sometimes when a mission gets laggy scripts

dont want to work right or execute things correctly rather and you may get such instances, just a guess really but @Rydygier

could probably tell you whats going on or it could be a new bug.

He may ask for a repo mission so he can test himself, best vanilla no mods.

Indeed. Although no idea, when I'll look into it, may take a while - those older reported issues still await too... 

Does the fastrope work in reverse so it can pick me out of the water? 🤓

(i tried to implement a CSAR helicopter for my mini carrier and found out there's no readily available, off the shelf helicopter script that picks you out of the water...so am trying to see if this is a sort of workaround)

#edit: cant even get it to fly off a ship (i even edited the water bits out as per previous page and im almost 100% i integrated it okay into my mission (no errors etc etc))

sad😔

On 4/15/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Thanks for the feedback and report!

Are you using vanilla helicopters or one from a mod when this occurs?

Any other mods, or scripts when your running HAS?

How long have you been playing your mission before you had seen this duplicate calls?, as sometimes when a mission gets laggy scripts

dont want to work right or execute things correctly rather and you may get such instances, just a guess really but @Rydygier

could probably tell you whats going on or it could be a new bug.

He may ask for a repo mission so he can test himself, best vanilla no mods.

Hello. 

I am able to replicate this with the demo mission you provided on the main page.

Easiest way is to load mission. Have helicopters  blow up, may take once, or several times. (Easiest way is to just launch Zeus in the mission and set down an aa veh to blow it up.

Go to call in support and see there are now several AH 9 to call, but only one AH 9 is actually in existence.

This is Vanilla.

Can happen within the first 5 minutes of the game. (Your provided mission).

On 4/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, Rok Stuhne said:

Does the fastrope work in reverse so it can pick me out of the water?

Nope was designed to drop off, its a neat idea though maybe in the future a feature that could be implemented,

that all depends on Rydygier's time to do it.

10 hours ago, handlebar said:

I am able to replicate this with the demo mission you provided on the main page.

You played this through preview in the editor, or through mp lan?

I cant replicate it, works fine for me.