Hi, im getting this error when i try and use the fastrope landing, every thing else seems to be working just fine, anyone have an idea of whats wrong? Tried on several helicopters so far. 

Error: 

'...wer (typeof _heli)) isEqualTo (ToLower (l#ltypeOf (_x select 0)))) exitWith(

_anim...'

Error TypeOf: Type Group, expected Objects

Great mod, I've been using this for my scenarios. I have a question, how do you respawn your support/transport helicopter if it's destroyed by the enemy?

You don't. In current mod version user need to use external respawn solution, if required.

But you may try newest scripted version of HAS 1.9, where such option was added into HAS. Described here. Of course eventually the mod should be updated to 1.9 too. 

Hi, im getting this error when i try and use the fastrope landing

It's around door animation code. Are you sure, you synced with the module helicopters, not their groups or something? Is that vanilla heli or mod? With vanilla I get no such error, but some code improvement here may be in order for 1.9 anyway, not sure yet. 

7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

You don't. In current mod version user need to use external respawn solution, if required.

But you may try newest scripted version of HAS 1.9, where such option was added into HAS. Described here. Of course eventually the mod should be updated to 1.9 too. 

It's around door animation code. Are you sure, you synced with the module helicopters, not their groups or something? Is that vanilla heli or mod? With vanilla I get no such error, but some code improvement here may be in order for 1.9 anyway, not sure yet. 

A few things, we are using Ace and its the scripted version of your mod.
So far I have tried with vanilla MH-6 and Ghosthawk, have also tried RHS UH-60 all with the same issue. Units are beeing named unit1 etc and heli's named heli1 etc. They are all synched to a logic named RYD_HAS_BASE.

If you prepare me pure vanilla repro mission, I'll gladly investigate this issue, without it can't do much, since it doesn't occur in my tests. 

EDIT: if you're using scripted version, first be sure, your RYD_HAS_DoorsToOpen array in userConfig.sqf is properly filled (or left empty). First element of each entry should be heli name (not group name etc.). 

23 hours ago, Burkal said:

A few things, we are using Ace

What few things, got to be a bit more specific if you want to solve errors, it could be something these few things are creating in relation to what HAS does.

Same with ACE, ACE is a big mod with alot of different functions and features, if you removed ACE and whatever else your running from your startup and only

run the vanilla game and HAS do you still get the same error?

Probably not, so from this point, what you can try is a process of elimination:

1. Test HAS with ACE only, do you get the error?
  2. Test with one of the few things you are running, get the error?
  3. Test with the few things on an individual bases then all together without ACE, as you know what it all does with ace included.

If your getting the error with the few things then theres something in it that is conflicting.

A repro mission and an RPT when you get this error showing up will shed alot of light on whats going on.

Error is a good starting point, but RPT will reveal the rest, please supply that, and we can eliminate the guessing of whats causing the error and why.

Seems i got it to work, did on mod at a time with the same mission loaded up each time, and now i dont have the issue anymore, nor can i get it evenn if i try with the same mission and same mods, so not entirely sure what i did the first time around. One issue that remains is that my player seems to bug out on the rope and lets go before his on the ground, which makes him get injured or passed out (Ace). Is this a known issue or? 

14 minutes ago, Burkal said:

seems to bug out on the rope and lets go before his on the ground, which makes him get injured or passed out (Ace). Is this a known issue or? 

Idk about ACE, even though i have ACE in a version of my mission i built with HAS, i hadn't an issue with it with the fastropes.

In vanilla in my update video v1.5 for HAS an older version, at 3:15 you can see the player (myself) and the AI squad descend down the ropes

in both Helis til they land on the ground, so i think the issue could be in conjunction with ACE.

The fastrope aspect in the current version hasn't been updated and or worked on since that update, see changelog on the OP.

Did some testing and it does look like Ace could be the issue. Im getting the issue the most if you are more peolpe than ropes. In RHS UH-60 it has 6 ropes when i have 8 units in there, and they all try and go down the same time, so two of them are on top of each other, and if the top one hits the one below, its like he hits ground and lets go of the rope, and falls the rest of the way.

Is there a way to have all players be able to go into a parked heli and request a drop and then in the field its only a certain few that gets to call in an airlift/supplies/cas? This is meant for SQL's so not every normal soldier can do it. If i sync them to the logic using the script version they can all do both. 

If fast roping does work in vanilla, but doesn't work with certain mod, I suggest either play without that mod either use touchdown disembark variant instead of fast roping. If however same issue happens during play without any mods, then it's either HAS bug either maybe some errors with doors/ropes config in your mission, both could be possibly fixed our end, if you provide vanilla repro mission. 

In any case, properly, if there's more units, than ropes, extra units should wait for their turn, not trying to go down simultanously. 

Is there a way to have all players be able to go into a parked heli and request a drop and then in the field its only a certain few that gets to call in an airlift/supplies/cas?

1. Using simple scripting, perhaps inside some trigger activated at chosen moment. Quoting manual (recommended to read it):

Unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false];//this will hide HAS actions for Unit1

In MP it may look this way if not run, where unit1 is local:

Unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false,true];//this will hide HAS actions for Unit1

HAS 1.9 should give more options in this regard allowing selective switching availability of the calls per type per unit or globally. Newest wip version in HAS script topic does that already.

2. Other possibility, maybe better for you:

If you want to allow all units initiate transport task by entering the heli, but only some of them to call helis by radio, set required item class in the config (RYD_HAS_RadioReq) and give that item only to some chosen units. 

Thanks a lot for the quick and really helpful answers, im sure this will do the trick! Its a great mod/script you have going here, hope to see even more features in the future! Regards Burkal

Update

Version 1.9

Changelog:

• Fixed: units added via RYD_HAS_newUnit mid-game should get back HAS calls after respawn;
  • Fixed: if CAS heli is destroyed during firing at the area, CAS task map markers should be deleted; 
  • Added new user variable (cannot be changed on-the-fly - attempt will be futile) - RYD_HAS_addJIPs = true;//if true, JIP-ing players will automatically get access to HAS calls;
  • Provided global and "per unit" switches for selective enabling/disabling access to each type of support;
  • Added new variable: RYD_HAS_RespawnHelis = 0;//if positive, destroyed/immobilized HAS helicopter will be after 60 seconds replaced by new one, placed, where destroyed was placed when was added to HAS. Old one will be deleted along with the crew (to avoid potentially unlimited objects accumulation). Value represents number of respawns. 0 - disabled, -1 - unlimited
  • Optional feature that speeds up heli's availability after task completion: RYD_HAS_FastReady = false;//if true, helicopter will be ready for another task at the beginning of his RTB, not at the end of it.   

Notes:

• Armaholic module and script version
  • Steam workshop version for module
  • Google drive download
  • PDF manual

1st post updated features, links, and changelog

All linked on the OP (1st post).

=========

Thank you to those who had questions, tested and provided feedback for us to improve, fix, and add some great new functions to the script and module!

I want to thank Rydygier for his incredible continuous work on the script and module, and for providing the community with an exceptional module

and script for us to enhance and make our games so much more enjoyable!

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bug

A new bug has been reported on steam workshop, if anyone is interested in testing this out to confirm it on their end, i had already pm'd Rydygier about it.

Description of the bug

1. Download this mission (vanilla with only HAS v1.9 module) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d-_X7s5ejIt5L-RBpVa2lGIYb3Juynp0
  2. Run the mission in MP lan
  3. Once the mission starts, force respawn so you respawn

Whats to be expected?

At the moment you are to respawn on the marker, your game will freeze, your memory will max out and your game will crash

all i want to do here is confirm this to make sure the commenter on the workshop page and myself aren't the only ones seeing and getting this issue.

Lastly this does not occur with version 1.8

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

your game will freeze, your memory will max out and your game will crash

That is funny because lately, it happens to me as well sporadically..and NOT using to your mod. I thought something was wrong with my rig (which is pretty new..) but now it tells me I have to dig somewhere else then...

I have just tried the mission and the game froze right after the countdown  for Respawn.

i had to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of the game.

Spoiler

Arma 3 Troubleshooting Report

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please report this on Arma 3 Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com). Thanks to you we may fix the issue faster.

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0x00000001 - UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI
Running time:        00:03:05.7470761

----------------------
System information
----------------------
Date:                2019-09-22 08:12:56 / 2019-09-22 10:12:56 +02
Current dir:         D:\Steam_spil\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Command line:        "D:\Steam_spil\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe"
CLR version:         4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:          10.0.18362.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0)
OS 64 bit:           True
Process 64 bit:      False
Culture:             da-DK
UI Culture:          da-DK

----------------------
Last game report
----------------------
not provided

This is my error message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

it happens to me as well sporadically..and NOT using to your mod.

An interesting point, but then for you:

• What mods are you playing with if any?
  • How much ram do you have and its frequency?
  • Is your game on an SSD?
  • What are you playing mission wise when it occurs, and in sp, mp lan or on a server?
  • How long as this happened, before or after recent updates, or at certain times?

I dont want to turn this thread into a problem solving discussion for the game itself, but i ask because it could be possible that its not mod related, but also the mod

could induce an already existing issue if there was to be a problem, as for me i dont have such issues, just this test i did with v1.9 has done it and it has done it everytime

i tested, so i want to see if anyone else has the issue also occurring for them and its just not my game and the commenter on the workshop page for HAS.

2 minutes ago, Play3r said:

Exit code:           0x00000001 - UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit

what it means:

0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

The game is unable to initialize a graphical subsystem. Possible solutions:

• Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version.
  • Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version.
  • Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs.
  • Disable the Steam Overlay.

This is the game itself, the mod is somehow inducing this i would think.

5 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

An interesting point, but then for you:

• What mods are you playing with if any?

Quite a few, so I have to try pure vanilla... (so obviously I will try no mods...)

6 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

How much ram do you have and its frequency?

DDR4  8 GB  (DRAM Frequency  1197.1 MHz)

i-5 CPU @ 2.80 GHz

24 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Is your game on an SSD?

nope

25 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What are you playing mission wise when it occurs, and in sp, mp lan or on a server?

Actually one of the TAC_OPS official campaign missions...

26 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

How long as this happened, before or after recent updates, or at certain times?

Couldn't tell you exactly, but it starts recently.. the last few days I'll say...

Happens in TAC-OPS? If does same also without any mods, would suggest game bug indeed. Similar story may be with elusive bug known as "the heli explode, each time my AIs gets in, and then suddenly not anymore". 

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

DDR4  8 GB  (DRAM Frequency  1197.1 MHz)

Dam dude, theres part of your problem, 8gb of ram isn't very much for arma3

the frequency too is very low.

Ideally if you can afford it you want a minimum of 16gb of ram but ... at least 3000 mhz

check out this article on arma3 test cpu and ram ---> https://techreport.com/review/31179/intels-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/

scroll down til you see arma3.

The CPU, ram they are working with is the same as what i have.

Cpu 

CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz

Ram

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) with a DDRAM Freq of 3600 MHz

I also have arma3 on its own SSD, and my OS on another SSD, not trying to brag here, just trying to show that arma3 is a seriously demanding game and

needs good hardware to support it.

If you have freezes its very possible that you are running out of memory, during this bug test when my game froze,

i alt tabbed out of the game which was still froze and watched my task manager, and looking at the ram slot

the ram kept climbing to the point where my ram maxed out and as soon as it did that my game crashed, and i got the message i have like 4mb left and you need more, lol

SSD will eliminate an stuttering and loading issues.

=============

Tbh i dont think your issue has to do with any bugs in the game other then the current issue with HAS which having a good rig i had

for my test, your issue is low end hardware not being able to keep up with the demand of the game. You should talk with Old Bear, Tank Buster, and the rest

of those guys on the computer parts/software thread see if they can help you upgrade or buy a new computer thats if you want and can afford it, not to push you into anything

but overall i think thats your issue, as when i play i dont have any problems 99% of the time with performance.

I see....TBH, I never had any major issue while playing with my rig, averaging a 50/60 fps...but I do recognize 8GB is a bit low for Arma. I'll upgrade the ram asap...32 should do then?

Ram and an SSD whatever you can afford, imo i would max it out, but also look at the frequency for the ram, make sure that its compatible with your motherboard

any more questions on what more you can do i would ask the guys here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

13 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

and an SSD 

I do have it... it's running the OS, unfortunately...

time for an upgrade then..lol

ps: thanks for the link..VERY useful.

Zagor out. 

• Like 1

Update

Changelog

9-23-19

Update v1.91

• Fixed game freeze at respawn. 

This update fixes the respawn issue, when using the module, and you had respawned the game would freeze and eventually crashed

see my post here for details.

Rydygier had fixed the code,

heres what he figured out if anyone was curious as to what was going on:

From his pm:

I think, I found the cause. At respawn my Respawn Event Handler code "adds itself" to the unit, so the same code should be executed on newly respawned unit after each consequtive respawn too. What I didn't expected is,

that code gets executed right after it's added, like currently pending Respawn already triggers newly added during that respawn new "Respawn" EH. In the result we have executed code stacking ad infinitum, which causes observed freeze. 

i had done several tests on the new version to confirm that its fixed.

1st post updated with new links, armaholic has new files too, and steamworkshop is updated as well.

• Like 2

Hey Gunter & Rydiger

i get a error when i use the MOD 

i get a Prober signatures not found for C:xxxxxx @Hermes Airleft Services Mod v1.91\addons\ryd_har.pbo. Test FAILED

i have tried to uninstall the mod and get i again but still the same error..

anything you guys can do or is it at my end.

Sadly, I do not know much about signatures, maybe Gunter will be wiser. Personally never used them till HAS, nor after HAS in fact. Does that happen from the beginning of this version, or used to work fine in HAS 1.91 previously, but not anymore - started to happen at some certain point, like certain game version? I only recall, that there was some issues with signatures in A3, but according to this:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00092

should be fixed in A3 Hotfix 1.96. Here my tiny knowledge ends...