Have been playing around on Tanoa with the mod, and i just saw this when i wanted pickup 

Spoiler

23jj0co.jpg

i am 77 mtr away from the heli when i get the menu.

this is the try where i use the Sync idea @Rydygier and i talk about in the scripted tread.

That's normal. I mean, you get destination options when heli lands at pickup position, not when you're close. This way you can for example send the heli somewhere from distant position, without you or even without anyone on board. It was requested that way. And Tanoa, due to scarce flat and empty areas, makes such situations more often, I guess. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rydygier said:

That's normal. 

okey i was just thinking 77 mtr is a long distance..

I`m looking for a mod that let`s me change the formations for helicopters ,both formations altitude/positions near others helicopters.

Could this mod help on that subjects?  To set a speed ,with slider,would be useful.  Thank you.

Hello john111,

The description on the 1st post lists all the current features for version 1.5 of the HAS Mod, a current v1.6 is WIP to fix, and update a few things.

For your question specifically HAS will allow you to change the altitude of the helicopter you call for pick/transport, as for formation no it wont do that.

Update

Version 1.6 released!

Changelog

Update v1.6

• Added ability to customize flight path via shift+LMB and alt+LMB at chosen moments.
  • Added user config variable RYD_HAS_CruisingSpeed.
  • Added adaptive targeting for not guided weaponry during CAS to improve fire accuracy.
  • Fixed code error visible on screen at entering transport helicopter along with all further issues caused by this one.
  • Various fixes around CAS and other.  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is. Check the manual, pages 8-9, look for variables containing "SupplyCall" or "SupplyDrop". As for module version those, that aren't arrays, you may find and set also in the module settings. Most of them (arrays) allow to customize contents of the package, one allow usage of manually prepared containers/objects instead, while default spawned container class (type) itself can be customized using RYD_HAS_SupplyCall_ContainerClass (present in the module settings) - using these one can also slingload other kind of object, say a vehicle, as long heli is actually able to lift its weight. 

On 3/25/2019 at 4:20 AM, Rydygier said:

There is. Check the manual, pages 8-9, look for variables containing "SupplyCall" or "SupplyDrop". As for module version those, that aren't arrays, you may find and set also in the module settings. Most of them (arrays) allow to customize contents of the package, one allow usage of manually prepared containers/objects instead, while default spawned container class (type) itself can be customized using RYD_HAS_SupplyCall_ContainerClass (present in the module settings) - using these one can also slingload other kind of object, say a vehicle, as long heli is actually able to lift its weight. 

MA MAN. Thanks bro

EDIT* I fixed it, I didn't sync everyone in group to gamelogic! Now I did and it works

I'm using the latest script version and I cant get the  AI in my squad to disembark when I'm dropped off by landing or fastrope. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have all the units properly named in the config, it just wont work. I auto disembark when the heli reaches the destination and the AI squad remains inside the heli.

5 hours ago, DirtyDel said:

EDIT* I fixed it, I didn't sync everyone in group to gamelogic! Now I did and it works

I'm using the latest script version and I cant get the  AI in my squad to disembark when I'm dropped off by landing or fastrope. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have all the units properly named in the config, it just wont work. I auto disembark when the heli reaches the destination and the AI squad remains inside the heli.

I think you need to go to this when it is about the script version

any way to virtualize the CAS or Transport vehicles so when they are called they spawn in X meters away and despawn X meters away after the mission is completed?

There's no such possibility in HAS, sorry. HAS doesn't spawn nor despawn helis, it is about using already existing helis. With newest 1.7 wip script (as soon out of wip, mod here also will be updated to this version) one can dynamically spawn a heli, add it into HAS, then despawn after the task is complete, but this require additional spawning and despawning scripting from the user. 

Update

Version 1.7 released!

Changelog:

4-17-19

Update v1.7

• code reviewed and improved in regard of updating 0-8 helicopter lists and adding new helicopters and units mid game (details in the manual, p. 11, "Additional advanced settings").
  • added systemChat message at init displaying in SP/on server running HAS version.  

Steam Workshop has latest 1.7 version, module update has also been submitted to Armaholic but you will need to wait til they update the

page on their end to get the latest version there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Rydygier when i give my player 3 AI units by making a trigger to join him, the AI will not AUTOexit on touchdown or rappelle.

All 3 are synced to the module,and made playable thru the function addSwitchableUnit _soldier (_soldier replaced with units name)

You have given me the script to make Player get the HAS function later in game, and that works fine for player, do you think i only need to make a new trigger with  this :

HAS_myUnits = [player1,a12SL,a12J,a12M]; nul = [] spawn {waitUntil {time > 0.1};{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;};

{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",true,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;

in my first trigger i only have:

HAS_myUnits = [player1,]; nul = [] spawn {waitUntil {time > 0.1};{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;};

// Play3r

The code, I gave you, switches on HAS actions for unit from the beginning included in HAS, that had them switched off. If these AI units are also included in HAS from mission init, then they work alike - if was switched off, can be switched on by the code, you propose, just be expanding HAS_myUnits array, as you did. But off or on, they should autoexit, as this is only a switch for calls actions, either way they still are "HAS-enabled".  

If however these AI aren't included in HAS from the init, then they need to be included either from the init, either on the fly, which update 1.7 was focused on:

[newUnit1,newUnit2,newUnit3 (etc.)] call RYD_HAS_NewUnits;

Syncing them to the module mid game doesn't work. 

HAS_myUnits = [player1,]; 

If indeed there's a comma, it's a syntax error. 

Today and tommorow I'm "off duty" as for scripting, so if above explanations do not suffice, day after tommorow or later I could check your scenario to see, what's going on. 

37 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

If indeed there's a comma, it's a syntax error. 

Today and tommorow I'm "off duty" as for scripting, so if above explanations do not suffice, day after tommorow or later I could check your scenario to see, what's going on. 

The comma was a typo it is removed.

i will put together a video for you to see when your "on duty" again happy Easter to you .

• Like 1

Thank you. Happy Easter to all. 🙂

Got to say guys, the ideas, and Rydygier's coding really made this awesome, over the past weekend i have implemented the module into

a mission that i been working on, and off for the past 6 months, it just made the mission and the game play that much more fun and function to use.

The setup, and usage of the module was i think one of the best ideas we've had for this, it gives missions more depth and immersion!

Whats funny is the amount of coding, and time that Rydygier has put into this that his ingeniousness made it simple to setup and use, and

makes one ponder how such a tiny module, where all you need to do is sync to the player/s and to the helis, it has all this complex coding

underneath the hood to make it all work like it does!

Had another idea for this, and this is mainly for the CAS aspect, was thinking to have another option along side the current setup, basically have

an option where the heli will actually fly around an area and engage the enemy for a limited time. Thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Had another idea for this, and this is mainly for the CAS aspect, was thinking to have another option along side the current setup, basically have

an option where the heli will actually fly around an area and engage the enemy for a limited time. Thoughts?

like a c-130 gunship kind off fire ? 

Or rather like vanilla "SAD" waypoint behavior... If heli is on the move, can't be used AI-less approach used in current CAS, so such thing would rely on the AI. To smack SAD waypoint at pointed position sounds rather simple, but of course effectiveness of such CAS will be same, as usual for AI-controlled helis - capricious at best against vehicles, abysmal to poor against foot infantry (maybe better with cheating - scripted revealing units). 

22 hours ago, Play3r said:

like a c-130 gunship kind off fire ? 

Ya something like that but a heli of your choice/setup of course, in my mission im using HAS and have a Apache attack heli from RHS mod,

that i use to call for CAS, on the heli it has the 30mm canon, ffar rockets, and hellfires. I'd like to see more use of the heli's assets if you will, when i used it, he sat and

sprayed an area with his 30mm cannon with single shots, and multiple rapid shots

he took down 2 houses, and blew up a truck with that, left the area in ruin, im sure there was at least an enemy soldier killed in all that as most were hiding in the houses.

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

To smack SAD waypoint at pointed position sounds rather simple, but of course effectiveness of such CAS will be same

Ya figured it would, but then it all depends on when you use it based on what enemies you are up against that are around,

but overall i'd be interested in that option to be able to switch to a SAD as you said basically fly around for the same set amount of time as the current function.

Oh man this mod will add some cool situations and capabilities to my "Last Stand" Ravage scenarios where I go in with a AI squad and try to save Civs and EXFIL survivors I find.  Hell even my Jager Ravage scenarios with out Zeds would seriously benefit from this!

Yes SAD would be sweet, seeing a bird loitering over head doing damage, haha I love it!

Would be awesome. Look into Alive, it has this IIRC.