Hermes-AS10.png

by

Rydygier & Gunter Severloh

Download

Google Drive - Hermes Airlift Services Mod v1.96 - (resigned 8-25-2021)

Steam Workshop - Hermes Airlift Services Mod v1.96

Script version - Hermes Airlift Services Script v1.96

Manual PDF - Hermes Airlift Services PDF Manual

Video Demonstrations

Eden Editor Module

Configuration & Setup (Tutorial)

1. Description

Hermes Airlift Services is an easy to set up yet versatile and customizable Eden Editor module that enables heli airlift and supply drop in a scenario. 

The mission creator defines the settings in the editor module, and heli(s) to serve as an aerial taxi for units to be transported, and supplied on demand.

HAS also provides an accompanying background chat/Voice for communications specific to typical situations.

See the HAS Mod video above on how to Configure & Setup the module for the Eden editor.

2. Features

• Eden editor based module.

• Airlifting for units to a chosen destination or back to base.

• Task initialized by radio call or by entering a helicopter at base.

• Map click to choose a destination.

• CAS support with custom attack behavior, for HAS helicopters that are armed with any missiles or rockets.

• Helicopter will wait until all units are aboard and give the action to go to a new destination or RTB.

• Variety of customization options through the modules settings.

• Ability to cancel pending airlift.

• The ability to point to an alternative LZ if landing is not possible at the chosen coordinates while mid flight.

• Daylight smoke, and night signals (flares) to mark the chosen extraction LZ.

• Text radio chat communications or audio & text from the vanilla airlift support module.

• Customizable call limits - set to -1 and have unlimited calls, set it to 4 and have only 4 call heli missions.

• Possibility of adding new units and helis on the fly.

• Logic handles special situations (not enough cargo space, heli destroyed/unable to fly etc.).

• Optional auto embark/disembark, *except for player controlled units and player lead groups.

• On teamswitch all playable units synced to the module in the editor will get the "call helicopter" and "Call for supplies" action provided one being switched to is the player.

• Fast-roping.

• AI units after fast roping will take random positions few meters around in an all around defense to avoid next unit landing on previous unit's head.

• Supply Drop - (Slingload or Paradrop).

• Supply Drop - (Slingload or Paradrop) with option to have the ammo have smoke and glowsticks for better locating of the crate.

• Option to map click a supply drop.

• Destination choice action appears, when heli is landed at pick up pos (no waiting for all to board, radio call) or when at least one of appointed units boards any appointed heli (first one boarded will be used).

• Four actions to change flight ceiling on-the-fly.

• Option to add virtual Arsenal to supply drop.

• Optional usage of 0-8 supports menu instead of most of mouse actions, except for destination choice actions.

• 0-8 variant includes manual choice of the heli to use for the call (always, via submenu).

• Alternative landing (experimental, will enforce autodisembark at destination, if not RTB or fast roping, faster descent).

• Respawn compatibility (player should get back HAS actions after respawn).

• Helicopter is able to respawn when in MP if it gets destroyed, and still be able to support.

• MP & JIP compatibility.

• After completing a task a heli can be called back mid flight to provide support for another task instead of RTB.

• Contour Flight mode - if set in the module, heli will fly as close to the ground as possible (good for those stealth insertion missions/ under the radar).

Changelog:

Spoiler

11-2-20

Update v1.96

• Fixed - added code to prevent multiplied heli respawn bug, where when the heli respawned a copy of itself would spawn next to it.
  • Added Contour Flight Mode (this enables the helicopter to fly close to the ground for those stealth insertion missions).

9-6-20

Update v1.95

• Fix - Updated version number in the Has_fnc.sqf script to v1.95 in as it would show v1.94 ingame.

4-23-20

Update v1.95

• Mod was resigned and new Bikey created, check the keys folder:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@Hermes Airlift Services Mod v1.95\keys
for the new bikey.

12-9-19

Update v1.94

• Fixed - Incorrect version number was showing ingame.

12-8-19

Update v1.93

• Fixed error - "Script \RYD_HAS\HASInit.sqf not found" message.

12-7-19

Update v1.92

• Resigned the mod, as some players were getting errors of invalid signatures, and Arma3 Launcher was not indicating it wasn't signed, now fixed!

9-23-19

Update v1.91

• Fixed game freeze at respawn. 

9-19-19

Update v1.9

• Fixed: units added via RYD_HAS_newUnit mid-game should get back HAS calls after respawn;
  • Fixed: if CAS heli is destroyed during firing at the area, CAS task map markers should be deleted; 
  • Added new user variable (cannot be changed on-the-fly - attempt will be futile) - RYD_HAS_addJIPs = true;//if true, JIP-ing players will automatically get access to HAS calls;
  • Provided global and "per unit" switches for selective enabling/disabling access to each type of support;
  • Added new variable: RYD_HAS_RespawnHelis = 0;//if positive, destroyed/immobilized HAS helicopter will be after 60 seconds replaced by new one, placed, where destroyed was placed when was added to HAS. Old one will be deleted along with the crew (to avoid potentially unlimited objects accumulation). Value represents number of respawns. 0 - disabled, -1 - unlimited
  • Optional feature that speeds up heli's availability after task completion: RYD_HAS_FastReady = false;//if true, helicopter will be ready for another task at the beginning of his RTB, not at the end of it.  

6-23-19

Update v1.8

• Alternative CAS pattern: "SAD", based on vanilla SAD waypoint. 
  • Old pattern now is named "HOVER". 

CAS pattern is chosen just after the call via mouse actions.

4-17-19

Update v1.7

• code reviewed and improved in regard of updating 0-8 helicopter lists and adding new helicopters and units mid game (details in the manual, p. 11, "Additional advanced settings");

• added systemChat message at init displaying in SP/on server running HAS version. 

3-17-19

Update v1.6

• Added ability to customize flight path via shift+LMB and alt+LMB at chosen moments;
  • added user config variable RYD_HAS_CruisingSpeed;
  • added adaptive targeting for not guided weaponry during CAS to improve fire accuracy;
  • fixed code error visible on screen at entering transport helicopter along with all further issues caused by this one;
  • various fixes around CAS and other.  

2-24-19

Update v1.5

• CAS support with custom attack behavior, used may be appointed for HAS helicopters that are armed with any missiles or rockets;
  • units from FFV positions should be fast roped properly on dedi;
  • units with "canCall" false will no longer trigger transport task by entering the heli (such unit entering heli will be ignored);
  • AI units after fast roping will now take some random positions few meters around to avoid next unit landing on previous unit's head etc.; 
  • also on dedi AIs should now after several seconds properly follow player TL's lead again; 
  • improved fast roping looks in sinfgleplayer (fast roped units should now go down rather along the ropes, than vertically to the main heli axis).

1-19-19

Update v1.4

• Defining units, helis and prepared boxes (if any) in the script version by default similar way, as in module: via syncing them with RYD_HAS_Base Game Logic (old way still possible too if proper variables defined by the user); 

• If set on server: unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false]; unit1 losts access to HAS calls. Use: unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",true]; To give actions back. Can be switched back and forth any time;

• From now on custom rope attachement points defined per each heli separatelly (helis have to be named in EDEN for that, see the manual or userConfig.sqf for details);

• At destination choice two variants for choosing target location: touchdown, for traditional landing, and fast rope. Fast rope switch in userConfig removed;

• Added RYD_HAS_SafetyMargin = 10; user config variable. Value set here is added to the heli size when calculated radius for flat and empty area search at landing zone (where fast rope or RTB not used). 10 is reasonable minimum. The higher - the safer LZ as for collisions with map objects. The lesser - bigger collision risk, but also bigger landing accuracy (closer to the spot chosen by user). If 0 - only heli diagonal model radius will be used as search radius. If set with negative number like -100, final search radius is 0, thus collision checks ignored, but landing most accurate;

• Fixed a bug with no destination choice actions appearing, if task was triggered by the unit entering the chopper at base, while player unit wasn't the first in the array (with current, syncing method order in the array AFAIK is same, as order of unit placement in EDEN - first placed unit will be the first etc.);

• Caller can now redirect the chopper during the transport if initially was't chosen "RTB" option via re-using destination choice actions;

• Minor code improvements;

• Manual updated accordingly.

1-13-19

Update v1.3

• Improved MP compatibility (client side players/dedicated server)
  • Optional usage of 0-8 supports menu instead of most of mouse actions, except for destination choice actions
  • 0-8 variant includes manual choice of the heli to use for the call (always, via submenu);
  • Task prioritization for the helis in the mouse actions variant. Two variables: "RYD_HAS_TransportPriority" and "RYD_HAS_SupplyPriority". To determine, which heli should be used for given task in the first place, regardless of the distance, and also which heli shouldn't be used for given task at all. The higher value, the higher priority of usage, negative value excluded from the task completely. Application for example via heli's init field: this setVariable ["RYD_HAS_TransportPriority",1];//the heli gets priority 1 for troops transport (will be used before any heli of 0 priority)
  • Predefined boxes to be delivered before spawned boxes. Script version - boxes/objects added into: RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [box1,box2];//holds optional prepared boxes as supply to be dropped, that will be used before default, spawned boxes. Module version - same method or synced with module objects of "ReammoBox_F" kind or any synced with module object tagged for example via init field: this setVariable ["RYD_HAS_ThisIsBox",true];
  • Alternative landing (experimental, will enforce autodisembark at destination, if not RTB or fast roping, faster descent). Variable: RYD_HAS_AlternativeLanding = true;//scripted solution instead of vanilla getin/getout landings at pickup and disembark spots;
  • Respawn compatibility (player should get back HAS actions after respawn)
  • RYD_HAS_IgnoreAbilityCheck = true;//if true, in mouse actions variant there will be no check, if heli is able to lift given container before accepting the task. 
  • Workaround for not unreliable slingload unhook issue on dedi
  • Several code fixes.
  • New Video added to the OP ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUE1hWYBbs&t=1s
  • New PDF Manual created and added to the OP ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/txetwb5t6xug5ud/HAS_Manual.pdf?dl=0

1-1-19

Release v1.2

• Added Eden editor Module version
  • Added Arsenal option to supply drop

Credits & Thanks

Thanks to the following BIS forum Community
members for their ideas and feedback on the script version that

enabled the Module version to be created:

• Rydygier         -  (Writing the script & creating the module)
  • ayoung           -  (Fastrope idea)
  • johnnyboy      -  (Fastrope animation, elevation)
  • lordfrith          -   (Slingloading idea/code)
  • Jnr4817         -   (Heli Elevation idea)
  • Community feedback

====================

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Thank you very much Rydygier & Gunter , for this and congratulations for the release !

Great stuff for 2019 !!!

• Like 2

Ya man, your welcome and release on the 1st day of the new year too :f:

The best part of this mod is you have both options, a script and an editor module to configure, even better its very simple to understand and use.

Keep us posted on any bugs, or issues you may run into, and dont hesitate to ask questions, as there is a bit more to it then what you see in the features,

even some things im still learning about lol

• Like 1

WOW. Thank you so much. I hope both of you had great holidays.

• Like 1

I'm sure you guys see the news for the mod version on Armaholic atm, but the file is wrong, its the 1st script version 1.0 there are some other things too on the page that need

to be removed and or adjusted, so for those of you waiting for the mod version from Armaholic sit tight, i already contacted Foxhound on updating the page and file.

Once its updated then i will add the link to the OP for download and i will let you guys know here, stay tuned!

Hey @Gunter Severloh great work, this is looking really good.
I just finished watching the video on setting up the module and have one small request. Instead of having a "requires radio" dropdown box, can it be changed to a field where we require a certain classname?
That way groups who use TFAR or ACRE can specify a long range radio pack or something like that.

Keep up the good work, I can see this getting a lot of use specifically as medevac 

I just finished watching the video on setting up the module and have one small request. Instead of having a "requires radio" dropdown box, can it be changed to a field where we require a certain classname?
That way groups who use TFAR or ACRE can specify a long range radio pack or something like that.

Seems doable, while waiting for any scripted version dedi test feedback, I'll try to implement this. Can be a string, but can't be an array in the modules setting, so it will be always single string. Thing is, this need to be applied into mouse action condition, that means, with other conditions met, each frame all defined units' relevant inventory slots will be tested for a presence of the item, which classname includes defined string (so if you define it as "backpack", it will pass any object, which classname consists "backpack" string). Because of that, I would recommend not to check inventory stored in the backpack/vest/uniform. Only actually assigned slots items, just in case also uniform, vest, backpack and weaponry itself. Empty string will mean no item requirement. 

EDIT: this applies only to actions of actual calling for airlift, not subsequent actions, like choosing RTB or another location, cancelling request or flight ceiling change. If you, people, want, also these actions should require certain item to be available, let me know, but this will make the script heavier for CPU (more conditions for constant calculation). Also note, these may be used, when no technical means are necessary to communicate (when you're in the chopper for example), so additionally code would need to determine, if such circumstancies occur. 

Awesome thank you for looking into that.

Also I don't suppose you could add a check if the player is running ACE and if they are move the commands to ACE self interactions rather than addactions'?

It's not a big deal, I just have an extreme dislike for the action menu :rofl:

Ehm no, my general policy is to write script without any kind of third party mods dependency (if they change something, I depend on, I have to make a change too - not acceptable, testing gets more complex etc.). More possible/acceptable would be HAS' own minimalistic GUI instead of most mouse actions, some day in the future perhaps. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Hey @Gunter Severloh great work, this is looking really good.

Thank you, you got to really give the props to Rydygier though, hes the genius behind the script and the module, i just had alot of insight, testing, videos,

and other PR around it like this thread.

22 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Instead of having a "requires radio" dropdown box, can it be changed to a field where we require a certain classname?

A good idea, Rydygier already answered, imo i think leave the dropdown and just add a box for the classnames.

=============

Still waiting on the Armaholic link, the page is done just the file for download is still incorrect, should be ready soon.

Update

Armaholic download now available for the mod, sorry for the delay.

===========

Lastly keep that feedback coming for the dedicated server testing for the script, so Rydygier can get a better idea of whats going on with various things.

Lastly keep that feedback coming for the dedicated server testing for the script, so Rydygier can get a better idea of whats going on with various things.

Hi Gunter we were in touch in your last video (my youtube name is Martin Lopez). I was using your new Hermes mod (not the scripted one) in a Liberation mission. In a local server works but when I transfer the mission to my dedicated server it seems not to work. In local server you can see both options in the action menu (trans and supplies) but in dedicated server those options are not present. Any guess?

I tried with vanilla models (like ghosthawk and huron) as well as RHS content. 

Thanks in advance to you guys for this addition to the Arma comunity. 

PS: Don't forget about my suggestion for a list of helos in the action menu to select different models such us Littlebird, Black Hawk or Chinook.

7 minutes ago, LBMartin_Boh said:

Hi Gunter we were in touch in your last video (my youtube name is Martin Lopez).

Hello Mr. Lopez welcome to the thread :)

Yes i remember thanks for your feedback here.

8 minutes ago, LBMartin_Boh said:

In a local server works but when I transfer the mission to my dedicated server it seems not to work. In local server you can see both options

in the action menu (trans and supplies) but in dedicated server those options are not present. Any guess?

Technically the script was built for singleplayer, MP lan in some respects is till singleplayer because its local to the machine, for the MP aspect on dedicated Rydygier has been working on the code for MP

he has sorted one issue already that we are testing, but as far as complete function in MP from recent feedback seen here, and try that:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/220740-release-hermes-airlift-services-script/?do=findComment&comment=3332485

that is an experimental build, and from the feedback its working.

If after you try that and it still dont work, then there may be possibility of conflict, or not correct implementation of the code/script with Liberation, just saying theres that possibility,

give it a try and let us know what happens. Hope that helps. :)

Update

Version 1.3 released!

Changelog:

• Improved MP compatibility (client side players/dedicated server)
  • Optional usage of 0-8 supports menu instead of most of mouse actions, except for destination choice actions
  • 0-8 variant includes manual choice of the heli to use for the call (always, via submenu);
  • Task prioritization for the helis in the mouse actions variant. Two variables: "RYD_HAS_TransportPriority" and "RYD_HAS_SupplyPriority". To determine, which heli should be used for given task in the first place, regardless of the distance, and also which heli shouldn't be used for given task at all. The higher value, the higher priority of usage, negative value excluded from the task completely. Application for example via heli's init field: this setVariable ["RYD_HAS_TransportPriority",1];//the heli gets priority 1 for troops transport (will be used before any heli of 0 priority)
  • Predefined boxes to be delivered before spawned boxes. Script version - boxes/objects added into: RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [box1,box2];//holds optional prepared boxes as supply to be dropped, that will be used before default, spawned boxes. Module version - same method or synced with module objects of "ReammoBox_F" kind or any synced with module object tagged for example via init field: this setVariable ["RYD_HAS_ThisIsBox",true];
  • Alternative landing (experimental, will enforce autodisembark at destination, if not RTB or fast roping, faster descent). Variable: RYD_HAS_AlternativeLanding = true;//scripted solution instead of vanilla getin/getout landings at pickup and disembark spots;
  • Respawn compatibility (player should get back HAS actions after respawn)
  • RYD_HAS_IgnoreAbilityCheck = true;//if true, in mouse actions variant there will be no check, if heli is able to lift given container before accepting the task. 
  • Workaround for not unreliable slingload unhook issue on dedi
  • Several code fixes.
  • New Video added to the OP ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUE1hWYBbs&t=1s
  • New PDF Manual created and added to the OP ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/txetwb5t6xug5ud/HAS_Manual.pdf?dl=0

Thank you Rydygier for all your work!, and to those who has given any feedback to help create this new 1.3 version!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Update

Version 1.4 released!

Changelog:

• Defining units, helis and prepared boxes (if any) in the script version by default similar way, as in module: via syncing them with RYD_HAS_Base Game Logic (old way still possible too if proper variables defined by the user); 
  • If set on server: unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false]; unit1 losts access to HAS calls. Use: unit1 setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",true]; To give actions back. Can be switched back and forth any time;
  • From now on custom rope attachment points defined per each heli separately (helis have to be named in EDEN for that, see the manual or userConfig.sqf for details);
  • At destination choice two variants for choosing target location: touchdown, for traditional landing, and fast rope. Fast rope switch in userConfig removed;
  • Added RYD_HAS_SafetyMargin = 10; user config variable. Value set here is added to the heli size when calculated radius for flat and empty area search at landing zone (where fast rope or RTB not used). 10 is reasonable minimum. The higher - the safer LZ as for collisions with map objects. The lesser - bigger collision risk, but also bigger landing accuracy (closer to the spot chosen by user). If 0 - only heli diagonal model radius will be used as search radius. If set with negative number like -100, final search radius is 0, thus collision checks ignored, but landing most accurate;
  • Fixed a bug with no destination choice actions appearing, if task was triggered by the unit entering the chopper at base, while player unit wasn't the first in the array (with current, syncing method order in the array AFAIK is same, as order of unit placement in EDEN - first placed unit will be the first etc.);
  • Caller can now redirect the chopper during the transport if initially was't chosen "RTB" option via re-using destination choice actions;
  • Minor code improvements;
  • Manual updated accordingly.

=============

• Like 1

Great mod !   If I may ask for a mod related to this one:   A mod that could used for AT-helicopters.  If we could change the setting in this mod and add a few more ,like limit the speed to a setting we choose,IP and Egress Point and a setting that uses info from Data Link to find out what AAA is near helicopter and makes it fly ultra low ,below treetop level if it is deemed to be very dangerous.  Some way to chose the best way to fire the missiles in case it gets to near the trees (maybe it can back of to make sure they won`t hit them ) or even can be set to shoot them between them.    Maybe,the obstacle clearance needs to check for problems more often ,I would believe 8 times a second @ a 1000m radius may be the a solution . As some Auto Pilot mods done it.  Left and Right Turn Loiter would be awesome .

If it can make a re-computation of the retreat path/WP if something shows up and gets in it`s way,would be a great back-up plan.

Make it create ambush points for helicopters and even setting up a Mash hospital by airlifting (sling loading it ) or setting up a Arty,Mortar or a Supply point it sling loads to on map click. 

A setting to make it call in an airstrike against AAA on it`s own , would be a surprise for players in MP.

If we could make them use ditches , or stuff like that.   Some way to make the spotting distance for the enemy to be set lower to protect the helicopter would be nice to have as a setting in a module.  If we could crank up the armor setting would be most welcome-together with Survivable Aircraft Mod ,we could see some close in air support with  helicopters.

Wouldn't it be Great if we could do some Dust Off missions if it could land in a zon 100X300 m and load in all wounded troops in helicopters and had made a super low flight route to base?   Instead of a respawn point?  

Could this somehow be made to make  helicopters do a more convincing flight?  If you use the Convoy set-up with helicopters and if you made a module that makes setting could this be made for making helicopters use a more advanced flight-Formations and aircover behavior?  Turn up the skills and make them compute several routes to same landing site?   Decide a 3-ship Line Formation ,landing behind the one in front,while someone is shooting rockets .  I`ve seen it made with a trigger and a Logic module synced to a flight-but with no way to decide altitude and first of all ,a ability to control speed. To make one go Ladder at a determined height and make the others detach formation at a WP,and land while using cover fire -then hold fire while they load up,and make them do it dynamically  based on situation ,would be awesome.

Maybe,even make helicopters do Dust Off air rescue by landing in a combat zone during a fight and evacuate wounded? Create a 360* protection zone or make them fly extremely low and fast . 

What I`m looking for is like a CSF mod but tailor made for helicopters.   Thanks for a great mod .This is just something that would make things more interesting for Arma 3 players. 

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/191043-jboy-fly-in-formation-released/

Thanks, but  man, you're asking for a lot (like hundreds of workhours), most of which sounds as for my knowledge not really possible to script reasonably/reliably, even if cool, some at most rigidly scripted for certain, repetitve situation, but not as universal AI mod. There are limits of what you can achieve with SQF in Arma 3. One can't control AI in such advanced/precise ways AFAIK, the AI is too clumsy and uncontrollable for that and SQF too sluggish and limited to replace the AI. Flying below treetops alone is something, AI most likely will never agree to try and if it would be forced to try somehow, it will crash very soon. 

Maybe,the obstacle clearance needs to check for problems more often ,I would believe 8 times a second @ a 1000m radius may be the a solution . 

That alone would kill CPU. And on the top of that one would need to script step by step whole heli flight model/behavior, basically universal SQF replacer since AI can't be used for such maneuvers. Simply: no go for me, sorry. 

Thats some nice script indeed. But it simply in rigid way attaches objects in chosen formation, then sets velocity for it. It looks cool, but does nothing more, nothing, what you desire, I'm affraid. Useful stuff for a military parade planes flyby cut scene perhaps, that sort of things. 

I understand, it is about separate mod request. Not sure about Gunters plan, as for me - it's unlikely, I'll pursuit what you desribed, I'm currently investigating some possibilities as for heli CAS missions and if successful, some form of it perhaps may be added to the HAS in the future (too early to say anything more though), but it would be much, much simplier, than your dreamed heli mod 🙂 (and still quite time consuming). 

But hey, I know, how it is, when you feel, Arma lacks something so cool, that you want so badly. That's how I started my adventure with scripting - good motivation. If you're persistent enough, perhaps try yourself and prove me wrong? 🙂

Perhaps,if you just add a speed cap setting from 1km/h to about 6 km/h and a 200m check of obstacles and ,just to prove it, an unlimited height in meter we could set,I meant ,1m to 10 height.  Now it+s set at 20 m for the lowest it can go.

I must go that low to use the open patches between the trees to get close to ambush point.

And maybe,a map tool to be able to find out the distance in meters of a WP to a treeline and maybe some way to pop smoke from a helicopter for concealment.

Perhaps a way to decide what mode missiles will use ,so they can make it,some way to make Ai not see the helicopter through the trees.

This won`t take long to code .It would make this mod be more useful.

If it could be used with "Defend Area" from Achilles mod ,with some ability to use Mortar Artillery Support function,it could be possible.

Heli's AI simply ignores flyInHeight below certain altitude, as I tested. I know no way to convince it otherwise. For a reason, that AFAIK it will simply not avoid map objects (simple check for objects ahead changes nothing, as AI will not use this data by itself). To have it fly, say, 5m above the ground AND avoiding obstacles in the process, you need to write complete pilot AI replacer, I think. Doubtful, and if possible, only using some long stick like constant setVelocity etc. at least. 

I did some tests out of curiosity. I was mistaken in one thing: I remembered it wrongly, or it changed since previous tests, either way I actually can make heli fly say 5 meters above the ground towards a waypoint. However I was right about second thing - heli's AI completely ignores map objects, like buildings (AFAIK no way to change that). So still there's required scripting to manually lead the heli with objects avoidance. Perhaps I'll test some possibilities in this regard, because it would be cool to have indeed, but better do not have high hopes here. Maybe calculated, pre-planned route? But in this case entering extremely low altitude mode on the fly wouldn't be possible. Or easier/more flexible: vertical avoidance done via dynamic flyinHeight changes if any obstacle detected close ahead... Stuff like that could work while simple enough. We'll see if at least this one thing could be done or not... 

When Duda developed his AIC, he added in the ability to change fly-in-height. With this you could set several way points the aircraft would follow and set the height you wanted. For example, I would set the a height of 10m over the water, then 30m over the desert and adjust from there. Knowing the terrain is a must so the AI doesn't run into a tower or building etc.

Not so great after all. FlyInHeight initially works, but when chopper is on the move, it gets very imprecise. Heli gets order to lift up from 5 to 15 - heli goes 50/60, and takes lots of time, till it go down back somewhat. No practical use here. Altitude enforced by setVelocity may also be no go, seems, this for some reason blocks AI straight flight. Full velocity control is primitive, looks unnatural and movement is kinda... choppy. Not good.  

Update

Alright guys we have an update for you, all links for download on OP including workshop have been updated to latest version.

Heres the changelog:

2-24-19

Update v1.5

• CAS support with custom attack behavior, used may be appointed for HAS helicopters that are armed with any missiles or rockets;
  • units from FFV positions should be fast roped properly on dedi;
  • units with "canCall" false will no longer trigger transport task by entering the heli (such unit entering heli will be ignored);
  • AI units after fast roping will now take some random positions few meters around to avoid next unit landing on previous unit's head etc.; 
  • also on dedi AIs should now after several seconds properly follow player TL's lead again; 
  • improved fast roping looks in singleplayer (fast roped units should now go down rather along the ropes, than vertically to the main heli axis).
  • Bikey included.

New video to demonstrate a couple of the major components of the update,

including a small tutorial on the new CAS support:

Thanks to Rydygier's continued work on this to improve, and make it better, and more optimized as well as adding new cool features and functions!

Also thanks to those who participated in discussions, and providing their feedback to help improve the script and module!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1