1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

but you're saing, there's one additional heli in your case.

No i had one spawn after another after each one was destroyed, whatever the respawn timer was set at.

Testing vanilla module while i type this, i have respawn enabled for 5 times for only one heli placed, i setup zeus, called for transport.

When heli was about midway to my position, i spawned in a Tigris which shot the heli down, after some seconds later instead of one heli spawning

in place where heli originally was, two heli's spawned.

After repeating this, two heli's would respawn, so the original heli spawned but at the same time the same heli spawned a clone next to itself.

Edit ... more results:

• module set to unlimited calls would spawn only one heli, after 3 respawns it seems a 2nd heli would spawn in like a clone
  • module set to a specific number of calls like 2 or 5 or more dont matter would spawn clone right away
  • heli after so many seconds after being destroyed heli's wreck was deleted and at same time new heli spawned in along with clone, sometimes at same time, some times few sec after

55 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Testing vanilla module while i type this, i have respawn enabled for 5 times for only one heli placed, i setup zeus, called for transport.

When heli was about midway to my position, i spawned in a Tigris which shot the heli down, after some seconds later instead of one heli spawning

in place where heli originally was, two heli's spawned.

So, you're saying, same thing, as with HAS feature,  happens also with vanilla respawn module?

No, HAS module is what i should have typed not vanilla, only thing vanilla is there are no mods other then HAS running, i have no issues

with vehicle respawn module otherwise but its not being used in my test mission.

Everything in my last post all tests were done HAS and zeus.

Go into VR, place player, heli, has module, zeus module to spawn stuff, sync heli and player to module,

set for respawn in has module, start in mp lan, call for heli, and then place an enemy Tigris to shoot it down.

After so many secs the wreck disapears, and heli respawns where it started, on some occasion by itself, after 2-3 times it starts cloning itself.

• Thanks 1

I am running on a Dedi-Server, 1 player and 3 Headless Clients.  The AH64 or whatever would respawn on H-Pad and all around H-Pad.  I didn't count exact number but longer game ran more spawn until Sever performance got so bad I had to reboot (which is what got me looking). 

• Thanks 1

Update

Changelog

11-2-20

Update v1.96

• Fixed - added code to prevent multiplied heli respawn bug, where when the heli respawned a copy of itself would spawn next to it.
  • Added Contour Flight Mode (this enables the helicopter to fly close to the ground for those stealth insertion missions).

Thanks to Rydygier, and community feedback which enabled this update release!

Armaholic should be posting this today or tomorrow so stay tuned, google drive is available with latest version too.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Hey Gunter, awesome job as usual. The contour flying is really immersive. However, I just notest a "thing": 

when I fast-rope, alone or with the squad, the "Choppa" stays above the LZ even after we're out and never RTB. Furthermore, 8 out of 10 the player (and only the player) is not catching the rope and falls to the ground killing itself.

Anything wrong on my side or you're aware of this already?

• Thanks 1

There was few similar reports in the past, as I see (that parts of the code didn't change since), although I do not see this in my tests. Some clarification questions:

Singleplayer or multiplayer? May be hard to fix, if due to MP issues.

Happens also without any mods?

Happens in the plain test of demo scenario included here? Compare differences between it and your set up if not.

All units in the chopper are properly synced with the module?

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Singleplayer or multiplayer?

Single Player

Happens also without any mods?

Yes..just tested with vanilla assets and units...

Happens in the plain test of demo scenario included here? Compare differences between it and your set up if not.

I did die 8 out of 10 although the heli left this time, in the demo scenario. My set-up was EXACTLY like that, BTW...just Tanoa map.

3 hours ago, Rydygier said:

All units in the chopper are properly synced with the module?

Yes. One thing I noticed was this: Initially, all the units synced were NOT in the player squad at mission start, but eventually joined the player group BEFORE calling the chopper. I thought that this could have been the problem... but it happened even with the group already formed at mission start (as for the demo scenario provided..).

Thanks! Could you provide that exact Tanoa mission for testing, please? Be sure, it's vanilla, if so.

6 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Thanks! Could you provide that exact Tanoa mission for testing, please? Be sure, it's vanilla, if so.

Sure..I'm heading out for RL matters right now, but asap I'll provide you the mission sample.

• Thanks 1

Great. Also describe your usual steps, like: "I'm using 0-8-1 to call the transport, I drop the smoke, when asked for, we all board in, when landed, then I choose fast rope extraction at (destination here), then we go, then shit happens". Including extra stuff like adding mid-waypoints or changing flight ceiling, any errors showing up or weird stuff going on etc. If you have RPT logs from such attempt - may be helpful too, as always. 🙂

Hey Rydygier, i had this comment on my ISIL foothold ace version yesterday which also uses HAS in it, this is what the commenter had to say:

jonnytom1983 Nov 4 @ 8:06pm 

So, I have a big problem. At the beginning, whenever I order my AI teammates to enter the helicopter, as soon as they board, it flies across the ground and explodes.

Doesn't happen when I board alone, but it does with AI. This makes air transport impossible.

After i seen his comment, i proceeded to do a test myself and this is what happened in my test:

Gunter Severloh  [author] 21 hours ago 

Ya just tested it, i recruited an AI told him to get in and the chopper exploded, 2nd time around the chopper, jumped up, so idk what it is that does that,

suggest you recruit your ai and then you get in first, and then tell them each to get in.
A warning though, suggest you do not fly anywhere near the compound areas, as you will get shot down, if you going to fly, fly to the outskirt areas.
Once you locate and eliminate the AA, the mg nests, and the truck with the mg then it will be safe to fly.

So this has only happened in the ace version, idk if ace would influence it, but the helicopters are from RHS, cant say if HAS is conflicting with RHS heli's

or its something with the AI and those helis, i mean the helis were fine until one AI got in, as soon as they did, the heli flipped towards me my first attempt.

2nd time around the heli actually exploded, it was rather perplexing as to wtf just happened and why.

Like i said idk if HAS has something to do with it, ace, or RHS and i didn't check the rpt which i know i should have but, outside that, if player gets in first there is no issue

so its rather odd as to how a player's character is influencing ..."stability" or what have you vs ai, i mean whats the difference other then whos in control, and

why ai and not the player or both that may be causing the issue.

Again this could have nothing to do with HAS, but definitely more testing needs to be done to sort out any bugs.

Some time ago I saw this in my tests - I was entering the heli directly at the base position, without calling it, and it was exploding immediatelly after I got in (so it wasn't neither an AI neither spawned dynamically unit neither any mods involved). IIRC, it stays an unsolved mystery and if HAS is to blame here, stays unclear too. Could be specific to MP although not sure. Smells like kind of exotic game bug though, I mean, there's nothing in the HAS code, that possibly could damage the chopper in terms of commands used, except for that bug with multiple respawns. 

22 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Again this could have nothing to do with HAS

That should be possible to verify easily. Assuming, it happens consistently, edit your mission by removing HAS from it (deleting module should suffice), do not touch anything else, leave it, as it was. Then run it and try several times to do, what previously was causing the explosion.

Here it is...perhaps now the chopper leaves, and I'm not falling to death so often..BUT something new has come up: the chopper wouldn't leave! See here..maybe you'll understand better.

EDIT: yeah, I know...I showed off a little on the first video...😋

..and here I try to group squad BEFORE mission started...

Thanks, I'll check this, but I would als could use the scenario itself for testing/debugging. I'll write more, when I watch these, if I see something, I could comment.

OK, from the footage I can guess some things.

One, the delay between you selected destination and the time, the heli takes off likely may be caused by the map specifics. I must check this in the code, but in general, after you click, it searches around that click to find a position with enough free space. It is quite thorough, calculation-heavy part and tries until reaches farther, than 250 meters from the clicked pos, so if the map is object-intensive, like Tanoa, and there may be no such position to be found at all, then actually clicked position is used after all, but all that futile searching takes some time. To limit/avoid that try to reduce this value in the module settings: "Obstacles search radius (meters)". Maybe even to 0 (in such case, if you click a position occupied by any map object, you'll be dropped onto it, it may be harmless bush or a building).

As for fast roping issues itself, not sure, but it looks, like the logic itself works, but suffers from serious exec delays, and this part of the code is sensitive to those. Same reason may also contribute to the previous point about searching free space delay.

That much I can tell without actual testing the scenario myself, if you wish to link it. Some cool looking stuff - that scenario - BTW. 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

That much I can tell without actual testing the scenario myself, if you wish to link it.

HERE it is man...sorry I had to "clean up" the scenario in order to keep it as simples as possible.

12 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Some cool looking stuff - that scenario - BTW. 🙂

Thanks, man..there's a lot more to come..hehehhe

OK, I ran it once and I saw the first issue, with delayed/troublesome take off, it rather can't be explained by exec delays, so I have something to debug probably here. As for fast roping, in this run all went smooth and without any weird stuff, so this one possibly could be caused by exec delays, which aren't here, since you cleared the scenario from any other scripts, that could cause such delays I assume? But this was just a single run, I'll try find time next week to do proper debugging using this.

7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

That should be possible to verify easily. Assuming, it happens consistently, edit your mission by removing HAS from it (deleting module should suffice),

do not touch anything else, leave it, as it was. Then run it and try several times to do, what previously was causing the explosion.

Tested with the version that it happened in and nothing happened after i deleted the module, tested with and without AI under my command,

then in another test, i recruited ai and told them to get in first, nothing, then i got in first, nothing, so i think its something related to HAS, but i was only my ACE

version that it happened in so far.

I was playing yesterday on my original version which is same setup no ace, and had no issues, so it could be possible that HAS and ACE have an issue with RHS helis

somehow, idk

4 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

here I try to group squad BEFORE mission started

Hey zagor another way to have the AI board the heli as im sure you know is to press the F key for the AI or the group, and then 4 and then where the heli is on the list.

Also i added your name to the workshop credits list, as i did vengeance 1 thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

As for fast roping, in this run all went smooth and without any weird stuff

I don't know what changed but today, even with my "mos/script crowded" scenario the fast-roping run smoothly to me as well. Notes that yesterday without any changes from today I had occasional chopper explosion and not caching the rope...but the chopper would leave immediately. So today..new day..different bug...:headscratch:

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey zagor another way to have the AI board the heli as im sure you know is to press the F key for the AI or the group, and then 4 and then where the heli is on the list.

I know...I guess I'm just a "habit" animal...started using one way when I started playing and kept using it; it's just more comfortable for me.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Also i added your name to the workshop credits list, as i did vengeance 1 thanks for the feedback!

Thank you, but I didn't deserve any credit. Just glad to help whenever I can.

6 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

it's just more comfortable for me.

Sometimes you have to step out of the box to find what works better, comfortable can be a crutch, remember we are adaptable creatures of habit

go with what works but then have a backup, or alternative, because in combat lets say the same tactics wont always work in every situation.

6 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Thank you, but I didn't deserve any credit. Just glad to help whenever I can.

Sure you did, any help, feedback and insight that helps improve HAS be it a bug, new idea, perspective on code, only adds to

the quality of the mod script, although both are one in the same just different context.

I would rather have someone say the mod sucks because it has this or that issue then no one saying anything, saying something

is the difference between the mod being fixed, and or enhanced, which in turn if you use it often only improves the quality/enjoyment

of your game, so it comes back to you.

Remember HAS is 7 years in the making, yes HAS started as an idea i had that i brought to Rydygier who then made it happen.

It basically started out as an idea where when i was in a mission that to call a heli you would throw smoke, instead of the heli knowing your exact location

like in real life they have a rough idea where your at possible, but until they see a signal of that exact location its up for grabs to where you are

and if you are even there when they do arrive to the area.

If you anyone is interested i still have the original mission we put together from 2013 to demonstrate the beginnings of the script where you call

the heli, its pretty primitive in its build but id does work.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Sometimes you have to step out of the box to find what works better, comfortable can be a crutch, remember we are adaptable creatures of habit

go with what works but then have a backup, or alternative, because in combat lets say the same tactics wont always work in every situation.

As the 'old "Gunny Highway" used to say: "adapt, improvise and overcome" it's the motto, right? 😜😜

Sure you did, any help, feedback and insight that helps improve HAS be it a bug, new idea, perspective on code, only adds to

the quality of the mod script, although both are one in the same just different context.

Speaking of which, I put together with the help of other awesome dudes in the forum my own "heli support" system a long time ago for my first published mission. It is somehow complicated to set up and need an overhaul but maybe the GUI part could be interesting for you? Here is a "sample":

I would rather have someone say the mod sucks because it has this or that issue then no one saying anything, saying something

is the difference between the mod being fixed, and or enhanced, which in turn if you use it often only improves the quality/enjoyment

of your game, so it comes back to you.

Believe me, I know EXACTLY what you meant here bud!

I'm a Chef in RL and although it's always nice to get compliments for your food, it's only in constructive criticism that you can find an improvement. 

Take care and let me know if I can help in any way. 

• Like 1