Not sure yet, but preliminary idea would be: when player call CAS, instead of immediate map screen, as it is now, he'll get two mouse actions similar, as for destination choice in transport task, one per variant: current "stationary firing position" CAS pattern and another, based on SAD waypoint (working similar to heli patrols in Pilgrimage). After the variant choice, task proceeds as it is now with map screen etc. Probably variant choice actions will stay there in case, player change his mind on the fly, as it is during the transport. I'll try to make another wip version with this in the scripted version thread after I complete other stuff, I'm doing currently (may take several days...). 

• Like 1

Any chance you can make the CAS tell the difference between Blufor and OpFor just had a CAS destroy my Vtol that came in with infantry. 

On purpose aimed at it, or accidental? Was that VTOL (and anyone in it) indeed of same/allied side to the caller?

In the code there's a check of friendliness between entity side and caller unit side. If this was on purpose, and VTOL was indeed allied with the caller, then I need to investigate, what's wrong with that check and then, if I find anything wrong, apply the fix, sure. Just not at once, I'm still busy elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

On purpose aimed at it, or accidental? Was that VTOL (and anyone in it) indeed of same/allied side to the caller?

i think it was accidental but it did fire at it until it was destroyed and it was on same side. 

There was 4 cars from OpFor in the area of targetzone, and the vtol was landing inside the targetzone to drop off infantry, and then the CAS heli turned and fired at the Vtol.I did not see  if there was any OpFor behind the Vtol, so it could have been aiming at them and hitting the Vtol.

i tried the same scenario 3 times and it hits the Vtol 2 out of 3.😣 

Well, when time will allow I'll run some tests with mixed allies&enemies in the zone to see, what happen. If it turns out, that it's accidental (ally crossing the line of fire), I probably can't do much about it though. 

• Like 1

fine thanks Rydygier

I did not know that you had that inside the program already, i was just trying to make a video to play in my game for the intro. but if it can't work i will just make a game about a Rogue heli pilot the player has to kill ?? 

In that case it may be a scenario about how wrong shit happens on war. Call it "The fire, that was friendly" or alike. 🙂

• Like 1

is there a way to have this apply to all units? Just that if i get new units in my squad they can't rappel as the module won't be synced to them. 

Yep, check the manual, page 11. To add new units use such code:

[newUnit1,newUnit2,newUnit3(etc.)] call RYD_HAS_NewUnits;

16 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Yep, check the manual, page 11. To add new units use such code:

So i need to do this manually each time a unit is recruited? 

So i need to do this manually each time a unit is recruited? 

Or probably you may add them all at once earlier, if these units are actually exisiting prior to recruiting. 

7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

actually exisiting prior to recruiting.

Na i'm using Spyders Addons for recruitment. So they're recruited during the mission

• Like 1

First of all, very good mod! 🙂

I found two bugs

1: When i call a chopper for a pickup and cancel it because there are enemies, he "RTB" but instead he comes back and starts fighting for no reason.

2: I cant fast rope with my AI squad I'm the only one that rappels the rest stays in the chopper.

Sorry for my English, its not my first language!

Hey, welcome and thanks for the feedback!

1) Chopper should be put into a behavior mode, that makes it indifferent about any enemies, but as soon he is back from the HAS task, he is set back to previous behavior/combat mode, which may result with any kind of behavior, vanilla AI considers a good idea. Setting his group initially, in the editor, to behaviour "CARELESS" and combat mode "BLUE" (never fire) could help in such situation.  If not, I would need a bug reproduction scenario, that not uses nor requires any other mods. 

2) Seems a typical symptom, when you didn't synced at the start (or added to the HAS mid game) all the units from your group, but only yourself. Should be added/synced all the units, you want to transport via HAS tasks. 

10 hours ago, LukeTJ said:

2: I cant fast rope with my AI squad I'm the only one that rappels the rest stays in the chopper.

As Rydygier pointed out be sure to sync all your units, watch the module tutorial on configuring the HAS module:

Awesome mod...I tried both the module and the script version. The script one is deeper customizable and doesn't give mission dependencies, but the module one is MUCH more easy to set up. Overall it gives mission makers an easy rotary all-around support capability.

Only one suggestion... give module the possibility to customize the day/night signal...when I first try it at night, I throw IR grenades, chem lights...but the chopper would not "see" the signal. Only after digging into the script version, I got what the right signal was.

On second thought, it could be enough to give a hint to the player when the chopper request the signal.. i/e "approaching position..throw smoke/chem light...over"..

Just my humble 2 cents...

Again..keep up the great work guys. VERY WELL DONE!!!

Thanks! 🙂

give module the possibility to customize the day/night signal...

Sadly I can't. It is stored in the array variable, and those can't be added to the module settings AFAIK. But even for module version you should be able to customize all variables, signals including, similar way, as in the script version, just you need to choose a place for it, as there's no provided userConfig file for the module. 

25 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

On second thought, it could be enough to give a hint to the player when the chopper request the signal.. i/e "approaching position..throw smoke/chem light...over"..

Already does this, you just have to set the extra messages in the module, see my video tutorial in previous post.

Watch the core features video:

• Thanks 1

Update

Changelog:

6-23-19

Update v1.8

• Alternative CAS pattern: "SAD", based on vanilla SAD waypoint. 
  • Old pattern now is named "HOVER". 

CAS pattern is chosen just after the call via mouse actions. 

===========

Now when calling CAS support via 0-8, in  your action menu you have 2 actions:

1 is Hover, which the heli will come to his attack position and shoot at the area you designate, complete his rounds and RTB.

2 is SAD, where the heli will arrive at his attack position and then proceed to fly around the area you designate and search and destroy anything it sees, after rounds are complete, it will RTB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Now when calling CAS support via 0-8, in  your action menu you have 2 actions:

1 is Hover, which the heli will come to his attack position and shoot at the area you designate, complete his rounds and RTB.

2 is SAD, where the heli will arrive at his attack position and then proceed to fly around the area you designate and search and destroy anything it sees, after rounds are complete, it will RTB.

Nice that you put it in the mod also..

great work that you two have made.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Play3r said:

Nice that you put it in the mod also

The mod is basically the script in a module format, but ya i think it would have been limiting, and dumb to have it in script only and not the module.

You got to really thank Rydygier for making this possible without his coding skills, my as well as many other ideas here would not be a reality, i think we are pretty fortunate

to have such a person as Rydygier in our ranks on the forum here, aside our project here he has helped and given his insights to many things/projects i been working on for some years now

and i want to mention him alot because he deserves the recognition for what he has done, not trying to be a kiss ass here, lol but

seriously the dude deserves that respect so please give it to him.

We been providing alot of ideas, and feedback since the start, and no i find the helicopter support more functionally useful now then ever.

The furthering of this would indeed be up to Rydygier if he feels whats suggested as a new function could be useful and not hard or time consuming to implement.

Probably the only other thing i can think of atm would be the extending of the HAS function into other avenues of air support, like CAS support from a fighter jet, or bomber, or maybe

even other functions from capable helis to do other things such as slingloading, basically you call in a heli to come pick up a vehicle, or something that needs to be transported somewhere, i think for that

the heli used would be restricted to certain types of helis that can handle, and lift certain things.

The other thing is aside slingloading an ammobox, we could do a vehicle, and have the option there like the ammobox to slingload or parachute it in.

Your guys thoughts.

• Thanks 1

🙂 I'm merely trying to put my skills into good use, great feeling, good thing to do with them. 

CAS support from a fighter jet, or bomber

I'm, sceptical. First, planes will not fit existing code, too different approach required, so adding them is nearly as good as writing new script from the scratch. Also HAS scripts in current version seems complex enough to make any serious alterations extra difficult. I'm reluctant to add anything major because of that, too easy to break something. In other words, better would be to create separate mod for planes, than expand HAS. But also I never was interested in planes, which means, I do not know them well too and I suspect there are already CAS mods/scripts for the planes apart from vanilla module. Not sure, what unique feature could be added to what we have already to justify creating such a mod even if I would be interested in planes. I would say - nope, sorry. 

helis to do other things such as slingloading, basically you call in a heli to come pick up a vehicle, or something that needs to be transported somewhere

It is possible already. First, you can put vehicle class instead of ammo box class for spawned stuff to slingload, and also you may put any vehicle into RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared array either at init, either mid game or sync some vehicle at init with module/RYD_HAS_Base object same, as preplaced ammo boxes. For the HAS technically it makes no big difference, what kind of object is used as cargo to slingload. Code also already includes a check, if heli is able to lift the cargo before it is assigned to the task. 

• Like 1

I love the mod guys...well done.

I was wondering tho,  if it was possible to NOT get the supply drop available. I want the player to re-supply only at certain places on the map.

Em, seems there's no way for selective disabling single features - all or none. Should be possible to implement in future 1.9 though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rydygier said:

Should be possible to implement in future 1.9 though.

Thank you guys...perhaps I just give you something to think about..

Just in case you haven't thought about it already... HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Like 1