I am trying to update a older aircraft and one problem I am having is the ejection system, it is not working - when I eject from the aircraft, the ejection seat appears but hovers above the aircraft and nothing else happens. I have tried adding in this; 

Spoiler

class EjectionSystem        // ejection system parameters - used only when you we have plane with ejection seats (EJS)
    {
            EjectionSeatEnabled        = 1;                                            //enable advanced ejection system
            EjectionDual            = 0;                                            //currently only single seat aircraft ejection supported (to do for latter)
            EjectionSeatClass        = "I_Ejection_Seat_Test_Plane_01_F";            //class name of ejector seat to use
            CanopyClass                = "Test_Plane_01_Canopy_F";                        //class name of canopy to use
            EjectionSeatHideAnim    = "ejection_seat_hide";                            //name of the hide animation that will hide ejector seat mesh in plane
            EjectionSeatRailAnim    = "ejection_seat_motion";                        //name of the animation that will be played to start a smooth ejection motion out of cockpit
            CanopyHideAnim            = "canopy_hide";                                //name of the hide animation that will hide canopy mesh in plane
            EjectionSeatPos            = "pos_eject";                                    //position memory point whwre to attach ejector seat
            CanopyPos                = "pos_eject_canopy";                            //position memory point where to attach dummy canopy
            EjectionSoundExt        = "Plane_Fighter_01_ejection_ext_sound";        //sound to play when ejection trigered (external)
            EjectionSoundInt        = "Plane_Fighter_01_ejection_in_sound";            //sound to play when ejection trigered (in-ternal)
            EjectionParachute        = "Steerable_Parachute_F";                        //class name parachute used in ejection
            EjectionSeatForce        = 50;                                            //ejection seat blast force
            CanopyForce                = 30;                                            //canopy bast force
        };
        class UserActions        //used only when "driverCanEject" is zero and we want to use ejection system
        {
            class Test_Plane_01_Eject
            {
                priority        = 0.05;
                shortcut        = "Eject";
                displayName        = "$STR_A3_action_eject";
                condition        = "player in this && {speed this > 1}";
                statement        = "[this] spawn bis_fnc_planeEjection";
                position        = "pilotcontrol";
                radius            = 10;
                onlyforplayer    = 1;
                showWindow        = 0;
                hideOnUse        = 1;
            };
        };
                class Eventhandlers
        {
            hit = "_this call bis_fnc_planeAiEject";    //event handler used for AI to use ejection seats
        };

I am not sure how to get it properly working, any help would be appreciated. 

Hi,

did you actually define the ejection motion in the model.cfg? E.g.             

EjectionSeatRailAnim    = "ejection_seat_motion";                        //name of the animation that will be played to start a smooth ejection motion out of cockpit

needs to be a model.cfg based translation animation. For example, the Unsung A-7 defines in config.cpp:

EjectionSeatRailAnim = "ejector_seat";

and in model.cfg first a bone is defined:

"gear_3","",
                        "gear_3_damper","gear_3",
                        "gear_3_damper2","gear_3_damper",
                        "wheel_3","gear_3_damper2",
                        "gear_3_hatch_2","",
                        "gear_3_hatch_3","",
//ejection
                        "canopy", "",
                        "ejector_seat", ""

and later in class Animations

class Animations
                {
                        // Ejection system
                        class ejector_seat_hide
                        {
                                type = "hide";
                                source = "user";
                                selection = "ejector_seat";
                                minValue  = 0;
                                maxValue  = 1;
                                initPhase = 0;
                                minPhase  = 0;
                                maxPhase  = 1;
                                hideValue = 0.001;
                        };
                        class ejector_seat
                        {
                                type = "translation";
                                source = "user";
                                selection = "ejector_seat";
                                begin = "ejector_start";
                                end = "ejector_end";
                                minValue = 0;
                                maxValue = 1;
                                memory = 1;
                                animPeriod = 0;
                                offset0 = 0;
                                offset1 = 3;
                        };
                        class hide_canopy
                        {
                                type = "hide";
                                source = "user";
                                selection = "canopy";
                                minValue = 0;
                                maxValue = 1;
                                minPhase = 0;
                                maxPhase = 1;
                                initPhase = 0;
                                hideValue = 0.01;
                        };

Sorry I am new to this, I do not have a model.cfg actually for the aircraft but only the config.cfg. How can I go about creating the model.cfg?

Usually you get the model.cfg with the mlods for the plane you want to work on from the original author(s). Do you get a permission from them to change their work? That would be the first step. 

7 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Usually you get the model.cfg with the mlods for the plane you want to work on from the original author(s). Do you get a permission from them to change their work? That would be the first step. 

I have gotten permission from the author (And if anyone doubts I did get permission via asking on the mod page) , I am working on Teacups Su-22. However, besides given permission, he has not sent all the original files - instead I have been working with the .Cfg and managed to get it in the editor again. But when doing that discovered there was more problems such as the PhysX with the wheels and the ejection system.

This is the same problem I have with my F-35 port... going to try the solutions in this thread soon