Rich_R

Arma 3 still a popular title

We’ll file the following stories under ‘Use when cynics complain Arma 3 is dead’.

The game continues to sell, ranking at the Bronze level for Steam sales in 2018

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/

Verge lists Arma 3 among the 15 must have games for a new gaming PC!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/26/18131097/best-pc-games-2018-free-multiplayer-rpg-top

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Define 'popular'. It isn't a mainstream game - it has never sold in the vulgar numbers of some other games.

The game isn't dead, though we do know there aren't going to be major progressions in the game until we get 4 in 2020.

Though it drives me distraction and rage on a depressingly regular basis, it is still the only FPS for me. Nothing else comes close.

• Like 4

This game is one of the very very few that can be played over 2 decades, only if no new version comes out. The player base is mainly mature, very dedicated, modding friendly, hardcore and hungry of simulation. And if tomorrow all the casual multiplayer kids go away, it will be the same.

• Like 1

there is people playing the xbox version of ofp/armacwa online

Arma 3 will live until people stop making lan and playing in like 2030

On 12/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, froggyluv said:

I would certainly recommend this title to any PC gaming enthusiast/masochist

21 hours ago, VanZant said:

This game is one of the very very few that can be played over 2 decades, only if no new version comes out. The player base is mainly mature, very dedicated, modding friendly, hardcore and hungry of simulation. And if tomorrow all the casual multiplayer kids go away, it will be the same.

:yeahthat: Best game I've ever played and I'm still loving coding and making missions.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, Tankbuster said:

until we get 4 in 2020.

Have they said there will be an arma 4 ?

Hope so.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 1:09 PM, cb65 said:

:yeahthat: Best game I've ever played and I'm still loving coding and making missions.

Have they said there will be an arma 4 ?

Hope so.

No, in fact BI has been very clear that Arma 4 is quite a few years away.

BTW, do you have a link to your missions that you made? 

3 hours ago, stburr91 said:

BTW, do you have a link to your missions that you made? 

No, I haven't released any of my missions to the public I mainly make sector control missions that I host with friends. Could release one or two soon though.

On 29.12.2018 at 12:53 PM, Tankbuster said:

Define 'popular'. It isn't a mainstream game [...]

I disagree. Sounds like your version of mainstream would require numbers like Fortnite.

I think Arma 3 sold really well (and still is) and still has an active community which is not bad at all for a six year old game.

1 hour ago, zimms said:

I disagree. Sounds like your version of mainstream would require numbers like Fortnite.

I think Arma 3 sold really well (and still is) and still has an active community which is not bad at all for a six year old game.

Arma 3 isn't really a mainstream game. I know a lot of people who have never heard of it before. What he meant by mainstream is like the "Call of Duty" franchise or "Battlefield". He's right when he says it's not mainstream, but there also aren't as many PC gamers as there are actual console players. That being said, Arma in general has always sold in high numbers and has always been a game that you can play at any point in time. Hell,  I still play Arma 2 Dayz Overpoch sometimes lol..

• Like 1

Apparently ArmA 2 is just as popular, because images from ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead's map Takistan, is used in a promo video of a new tank produced by the Israeli:

Rafael makes up a fictional country name that happens to be the same as the fictional country name BI made up is proof ArmA 2 is popular?

Arma 3 is still very popular and relevant, especially with this new DLC

This game can be sold for several years ahead, Needs just the will of the developers to improve and make a Multiplayer PVP funny. But seems that BI doesn't want. 

On 7/29/2019 at 9:33 PM, EyeSpyU said:

Arma 3 is still very popular and relevant, especially with this new DLC

2 hours ago, zukov said:

This game can be sold for several years ahead, Needs just the will of the developers to improve and make a Multiplayer PVP funny. But seems that BI doesn't want. 

Well, Arma 3 is still declining in average player count ever after a CDLC, and an official expansion. So if putting out new content can't stabilize the player count, I'd say Arma 3 has pretty much come to the end of it's life.

Of course the developers keep telling us that Arma 4 is years away.  

2 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Well, Arma 3 is still declining in average player count ever after a CDLC, and an official expansion. So if putting out new content can't stabilize the player count, I'd say Arma 3 has pretty much come to the end of it's life.

Of course the developers keep telling us that Arma 4 is years away.  

lowered because BI doesn't want to develop a decent multiplayer mode. The big maps implie a sort of RPG style for gameplay (like endgame but more deep) and more Special forces oriented than huge field Military operations. Even the assets in Contact DLC, they add a flatbed truck,are using the blufor truck instead an EU style one .
Thinks how would be more awesomeness with Mercedes Truck.
My 2 cents.  To me Bi has to improve CSAT faction and recycle some old assets like Utes Map and Bystryca but overall need to studies a good gameplay PVP multiplayer!
F6E1E0CEC20848F59E53D5C35DCD74C636F606E0
6D0205DD37B8DD3414E397A15397A527AF27AA02

8 hours ago, zukov said:

Needs just the will of the developers to improve and make a Multiplayer PVP funny. But seems that BI doesn't want. 

I dont really play pvp anymore like i used back in the RO days (Red orchestra Ostfront 41-45) but improve what specifically?

11 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I dont really play pvp anymore like i used back in the RO days (Red orchestra Ostfront 41-45) but improve what specifically?

so far the only MP pvp mode that i had fun in ARMA 3 is ENDGAME. you have squad system, roles tacticts but i want  more! hacking system,  energy plant to enable some facility to work, something like that.  More to do than to shot   with some hot point where explode the CQB. in final Endgame with more different targets and randoms final target or something like that.  I apologize for my english

6 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

è abbastanza buono per noi

But couldn't much of what you're describing be solved with better (and more) modules?

absolutely! but needs even  the soul, for example in Endgame when you download and upload the data. you stay close to  some objects without any movement. Why don't reuse the animations (in apex) where you digit the notebook keyboard and avoid the bullets (look the video from 1.59) in this manner your squad have to defend you. Is just an example but this details are very important to me.  
Another example no  one has never made an endgame with scuba divers, almost ideal with that characters.  CTRG VS VIPER? with Contact scenario the possibilities are endless!  in Contact we have CBRN suits, why the dev don't port a old  scud B with chemical warhead? caputere the scud mission?
If BI want sell again and again  has only to choose the creativity. Arma 3 has great potential for a lot of years

@zukov
I recently has a conversation with a few individuals from BI and my complaint was the stiffness of Arma. By stiffness, I mean the "clunkiness", the "inflexibility" of it. I mentioned "Simple" things like environment interactions... climbing, digging, picking up sticks and stones (to build a shelter or bivouac). As it stands, there is very little in terms of interacting with the environment. If you've ever played far cry, you'll understand what I'm about to mention.. In arma, when you brush past a bush, you hear nothing different. In Farcry, when you do the same, you hear the rustling of the leaves. In Arma, you can walk through cactus without being injured. Its little things like that which could be improved. There are elements of DayZ which could be incorporated as well. Breakdowns of vehicles, injuries caused by walking over uneven ground, et cetera. 

To put this into context with ease of use, I will mention Modules such as those found within mods such as RHS and Ryans Zombies and Demons. In the RHS module, it provides for Paradrop, in Zombies and Demons, it provides for the spawning of enemies. To a competent programmer, these thigs are easily solved via scripting. But for the other 80% of us, a module is what is needed. Arma have an opportunity to make the game more accessible to the "average" player, and I'd like to see them exploit this in future titles. 

Sono nato a Pozzuoli zukov 

• Like 1