Steven Del

How to change the armour values of a tank?

Hello, I like to change the MBT 52 KUMA TANK ARMOUR values I wanted it to increase so How do I do it?

Please I am begging you my question has not been answered for 3 years now....

I don't think that you can... I think it has something to do with the model and its fire geometry... Which can't be edited...

You can increase its total hitpoints through the cofig file though

How about fire power values? and how to change hit points? is there a tutorial... because I really don't have any skills at all

Well to change that stuff, you need to install arma 3 tools. There are tutorials out there, but I haven't found any really good, focused ones for the type of stuff I want (like vehicle editing, most of the ones I saw start with retexturing stuff). I only recently learned how to started editing stuff.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#armor_.28integer.29

As for firepower, that requires modifying the weapon or the magazine that the weapon uses.

However, there is a simpler solution for modifying the firepower... just use the

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addMagazineTurret

or

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addWeaponTurret

command in the init field of the Kuma that you placed. Give it the weapon cannon_125mm_advanced ... which should be an upgrade over its cannon_120mm_long.

example:

this addMagazineTurret ["24Rnd_125mm_APFSDS",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["12Rnd_125mm_HEAT",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["12Rnd_125mm_HE",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["4Rnd_125mm_cannon_missiles",[0]]; this addWeaponTurret ["cannon_125mm_advanced",[0]]; this removeWeaponTurret ["cannon_120mm_long",[0]];

This would replace the 120mm gun on the Kuma with the 125mm gun of the Angara, and add magazines for the 125mm gun (including AT missiles, that by default aren't used)

If you stick with the 120mm cannon, you can add AT missiles, and it should be a bit simples:

this addMagazineTurret ["4Rnd_120mm_cannon_missiles",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["4Rnd_120mm_LG_cannon_missiles",[0]];

This should give the Kuma access to 2 types of AT missiles, one of which is the type that the Rhino uses, which can be fired via data link without line of sight.

Alternately, you could even use the addWeaponTurret command to give the Kuma the 30mm gatling cannon found on the A-164, which would also be quite potent.

You can do a lot to change "firepower" with simple scripts like this to add/swap weapons - but editing armor values, speed, and the values of the weapons themselves is more complicated.

Well I wanted to change the tank's 120mm Damage and Pen values right away is there any possible way to find the 120mm file for it and increase its damage and pen somehow?

To do that, you need to install arma 3 tools, write a config file to over write the standard guns caliber and hit values (or increase its velocity), then use addon builder to make that into a .pbo, then load that .pbo file as a mod.

I suspect that, and be aware this only a suspicion at this point for me, that armor value is based on entries in the CfgVehicles file. Given that the link first posted by Ex3B leads straight to said file referece and values.

The model have points that acts as fysical refernces for damage calculations, with the armor values governed by config file or the CfgVehicle file.

Sadly I don't know of any tutorial's as of yet. Quite frankly the best you can do is look in the sample files on how its setup, or heck just copy them and modify the model, faction, weapon, and armor entries to your needs. Then pack them in to a pbo fil using the addonbuilder tool. 

However I assume you want the Kuma to have a better chance of surviving against the other tanks. And to do that you need skilled crew, meaning you might have to make new units to serve as crew with high skill level. There is tutorials on how to make units using vanila assets, but I don't have link's for that, sadly. But I do know units have skill entries that you can find references for on the community wiki. Just click on Ex3B's first link. The reason you need skilled crew is that armor can be negated by shooting at the right spot, something a skilled crew can do if they are faster than the enemy. I have seen several of the heaviest tanks from both loosing to a more skilled, that hit f.eks the turret ring before the other thank could even turn the gun. A precice and fast shot key to survival for most tanks.

Just saying so you don't risk a migrane trying to figure out why your tank loose against the T-100, since CSAT have on average more skilled units. 

Sorry that I can't help more, but I have allready had a week banging my head aginst the wall because my uniform model would'nt work with weapons and gear. I did find the answer, and turned out to be an easy fix. But I had to find that out myself, since no tutorial dealt with custom uniform models. Tutorials are depresingly lacking quite often, when it comes to detailed editing and mod making, and modders like us often have to find on our own. Depressing, I know. 

One part of the armor value like thickness is defined in the material which is defined in the model.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2019 at 12:21 PM, Steven Del said:

Well I wanted to change the tank's 120mm Damage

Good reading:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage

You can change also the projectile effect by scripting, rather than messing with mods. Use this other EH. Not the right section here to develop.