DeleoOne

How would i create a HUD for custom helmets?

2 minutes ago, DeleoOne said:

creating rvmats

Unfortunatelly , i don't have any idea on how !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeleoOne said:

add ear protection

I have already implement this in the Visors script as for the lights there are some mods already if you want to check, but the question is how do you visualize this lihts ?

Just a light source or you are thinking about a 3D model as well ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeleoOne said:

Yes! just a light source.

I have done something similar before so i think this can be done !

• Thanks 1

Awesome! If you are ever able to remember how to do it lemme know!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DeleoOne said:

If you are ever able to remember

You can check here an example :

Check about the Light Bars.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 9:51 PM, DeleoOne said:

if you have any tips on creating rvmats by any chance lemme know!

RVMATs although theoretically complex they are not that hard to adapt to your needs. Basically, you just have to define how shiny or reflective something is.
First you need to create a normal map texture so that the game knows how to reflect the light on the object. You can improvise a height map from your textures - an easy but not precise way to do that is to turn your textures into black and white - you can then convert it to a normal map.
After that, a good way to find out, what values you're looking for to define your object, is to examine RVMATs from existing objects. If you're looking for something matte (not shiny), check out a vehicle. If you're looking for something shiny look for a metallic object (a weapon or something else).
The whole process involves a lot of trial and error. Checking in-game how it looks and refine. From optimizing the normal map texture, to changing the values in the RVMAT,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Grester said:

First you need to create a normal map texture so that the game knows how to reflect the light on the object.

Thanks for the help Grester! i actually made the normal, spec and bump maps for the textures! i guess its just how would i connect the normal to the rvmat? and I suppose when it comes down to how shiny or matte an object is, is determined in that line of code in the RVMATS. I see. Well then i guess the question then lies is will the RVMAT need to have the location of where the normal spec and bump would be? like "mod/addon/data/normal.paa"?and below it a "mod/addon/data/spec.paa? and so forth written inside the RVMAT config? and would that config be placed where the textures would be?

3 hours ago, DeleoOne said:

Thanks for the help Grester! i actually made the normal, spec and bump maps for the textures! i guess its just how would i connect the normal to the rvmat? and I suppose when it comes down to how shiny or matte an object is, is determined in that line of code in the RVMATS. I see. Well then i guess the question then lies is will the RVMAT need to have the location of where the normal spec and bump would be? like "mod/addon/data/normal.paa"?and below it a "mod/addon/data/spec.paa? and so forth written inside the RVMAT config? and would that config be placed where the textures would be?

Do you have "Arma 3 Tools" installed? In your steam library, you can find it in the "Tools" category. Once you install that, you'll be able to open RVMATs with proper software ("Material Editor") and easily edit it. Once you open another RVMAT with the program you'll see how straightforward things are and should be easy to mimic.

• Thanks 1

Hate to revive a dead thread, but is this being worked on still? I absolutely lost it when I saw the models and would love to know if it's live or not.

• Like 1

Hate to say it, but its long gone. I've lost all models while transporting my files to my new pc along with being in hiatus for such a long while, but, I've focused on structural works, but here's a bit of what i officially plan to put in

unknown.png?width=737&height=677unknown.png?width=543&height=677unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png