Sign in to follow this  
Ixian

Green berets

I'm surprised that after all the looking around I havn't found 1 single addon for U.S. Green Berets. In fact the only decent beret in general I have seen are the those SS of Royal Marines from the Falklands War mod.

I thought it would be cool to have some Green Berets with bulky looking uniforms and maybe a MP with a green beret too. Falkland War mod has cool marine/beret addons. They dont have those cheessy looking onces that the russian officers wear in games either.

A) I have a couple good Green Beret addons i can send ya

B) Does this mean your makin some Green Berets, bc it is in works in progress....or are u asking for some GB's

Kevin

Well both. I've never made my own units but I'm really thinking about it. I'm guessing I'll need O2 to make my own green berets? Better start reading up on how to make units.

I would love to check out your green berets. Are they good? email them to ptrdsmn@hotmail.com and you can contact me AIM at Lightarms1

Show me the green beret links. I downloaded the BIB green berets but I didn't like them. The uniform was like a gas station attendant or something, very skin tight. The camo was fall camo too. It looked more like Vietnam Green berets.

I thought it would be cool to have some green berets with some hefty body armor on them. Baggy pants to make it look more cool and realistic.

Bibmi's green berets are reskins I believe

It's much harder to make new soldier models then to make new vehicles and you also have the problem that you can't change the face texture on the model easily.

(I'm not completely sure about all this though)

I don't think I will be able to make my own Green Beret. Been reading all this stuff on O2 and its just crap to me. Don't understand anything lol. I'll have to wait for someone to make one.

Is there a "How to make your own units for dumbasses" out there somewhere? Because to be honest. I am a dumbass when it comes to this stuff. I know absolutly jack shi*t about anything with O2 or making models, texturuing, anything. I need like an example with step by step instructions on how and what to do etc. I looked around at official sites such as ofpec.com opflashpoint.org and here and I don't see anything that really helps a dumbass newb to this stuff.

The best tutorial for dumbasses I've ever seen was from Col. Klink to make addon planes. However it wasn't finished so you'd have a jet with no config.cpp file. I really wish that the people who are pros at this would make a tutorial for dummies that was similiar to Col. Klinks but finished all the way through and on a website. Duh I'm a dumbass too, but its better than being a baby.

I just d/l the British royal marines addon from Project UK. ALthough it needs lots of work it looks good. I emailed him maybe he can give me lessons on how to make a Green Beret.

P.S. What do you mean config.cpp? lol.

After i figure out how to make some green berets I might start up a website and assemble a team to create The Green Beret Campaign. I have some cool ideas. Focusing on the Green Berets initial purpose of training resistance in guerilla warfare. etc. My mouth is already starting to water at the idea.

im not too sure but werent the green berets SFOD:A? or "The A Team", if so there are some vietnam era green berets in the nam pack

Ya, still looking for a better textured one. Maybe more modern too with the cammies.

Are these in the SEB Nam Pack?   Or some other Vietnam addons/mod?

If your talking about SEB Nam pack that guy had SF but none of them had the Beret on.

the SF guys are what would be called 'the green berets', i dont think the us army special forces always wear the green beret im sure in the jungle they wore boony hats etc but there are some with berets

They sometimes wore them on prolonged excercises. But regardless this is what I'm hoping someone can make or learn how to make. SF wearing green beret. and 10th Special Forces Patch on sholder. Hopefully I can find somone to teach me how to make units.