jts_2009

(Coop 1-3) New Year's surprise

Q7udxGT.jpg

Author: JTS

Introduction
Mission with advanced stealth mechanics. This mission was not planned, but I decided to create it before new year 2019. A little present for fans of stealth. This mission is the base for future stealth missions (I hope). This is the fastest mission I've ever done. But quality is present

Description
The fight for Thirsk island between insurgents and the Americans has been going on for a couple of years now. About a month ago, the Americans managed to capture the southern part of the island. In the Thirsk city americans placed their armored vehicles and containers with ammunition. This is a serious threat. A couple of hours before the new year, a special forces squad of insurgents got a task to arrange for the Americans true fireworks...

Features
- Small cutscene
- 2 localizations: English & russian
- Cold & frosty atmosphere
- Dead body detection system
- Factors influencing stealth (Reloading weapons, body stance, running / walking speed, body dragging, suspicious action, wearing a uniform, weapon's state (Lowered or not))
- Snowy weather
- Possibility to drag dead bodies

Notes
- It is recommended to enable music in your game settings
- Read briefing carefully
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ACE and other mods, which change the behaviour of AI (like ACE)
- No JIP (Join in progress). To avoid arma bug with mission restart - choose the mission again from the mission list
- Be sure you disable all not needed mods before you start the mission (Mission will be disabled if using prohibited mods)
- To avoid problems, it is recommended to run the mods in a specific order (See steam workshop)

- Recommended monitor settings: 1920x1080, 16:9
- Recommended In-Game UI settings: (UI Size: Normal)

Credits & thanks

Urban (Mission testing)
ALIAScartoons (Snow storm scriptJDAM bomb script)

Screenshots

9D8952D9B8A7FE033F2910306BB1FF1C5E7A3561

679E27D81262AD553BD4D60B7C31A6EEF05FC97C

D1F1CA87E8A52E8A2EAE8EBC2191EA6A77E37645

5E590BFD914E20A86F2F097C880471F680F0130D

0BE6ACCE2B03251EC51A6CF6A29892B2B5242DB8

74C51A306A912459350C4F30BE3B3E0A85A52222

567A8B8EB1C5C3CA335AC50BA0DAB658BAF9AAB8

Requirements

CBA A3
- CUP Terrains - Core

- CUP Terrains - Maps

- CUP Weapons

- CUP Units

- CUP Vehicles

- PLP Containers

- Footstep Sound Fix - Forests

- Thirsk Island

- Footstep Sound Fix - Thirsk Winter

Download (Steam workshop)

Download (Armaholic)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

is this needed ?

Thanks -) Yes. This is important mod :)

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to playing this later tonight...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EO said:

Looking forward to playing this later tonight...

Don't forget to leave feedback :grinning:

First off, this is a really superb stealth mission, from the date, time and weather settings through to the winter outfits, it oozes a cool frosty ambience. My lone wolf play through was tough but very satisfying.

The stealth mechanics on offer here makes this mission as good as any Metal Gear or Splinter Cell vignette.

Spoiler

It took me 4 attempts before i reached the final objective. Once your detected the drama ramps up pretty quickly so I had to find out the hard way before I finally located the positions of all the containers. This made my final play through a satisfyingly tense affair... 

oDOv3yg.jpg

No bugs found from start to finish. :rthumb:

My only thoughts for an alternative approach would be the addition of a drone operator, it would have been cool to scope out the town from the hill... :f:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1