Ant__

Getting 2-3 FPS

I have 1500+ Hours in Arma and recently switched to a new computer. It has better specs than my old PC and yet is running at 2-3 FPS when I used to get a solid 30. Specs are as follows
(No mods running this is just campaign SP)

I have tried all the optimization guides and everything but no joy.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3
Raven Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM
7.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 299MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME A320M-K (AM4)
Graphics
Acer G195HQV (1366x768@64Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)
ATI Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Anyone know a way to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

1. Why do you have 7Gb RAM?
2. Have you checked which Arma3 process is running, 32 or 64 bit?
3. What settings do you use in Arma3launcher, to launch Arma3?

1. I genuinely have no idea, It is meant to be an 8gb stick 

2. I have tried both, makes no difference.

3. Will just get those give me 20 minutes

In the 20th minute, look in the performance monitor, how much the arma3_64bit process uses RAM, and how much RAM is reserved for system processes.
It seems that with a stable FPS 30, arma3_64bit tends to use ~ 5Gb RAM. If there is a shortage of RAM, there may be a decrease in FPS.

23 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

In the 20th minute, look in the performance monitor, how much the arma3_64bit process uses RAM, and how much RAM is reserved for system processes.
It seems that with a stable FPS 30, arma3_64bit tends to use ~ 5Gb RAM. If there is a shortage of RAM, there may be a decrease in FPS.

You got me confused there. I can see that I see that memory maxes out whenever Arma is enabled however I see no reason that it should do

1. This applies to the general lack of memory in the PC. If there is no spare RAM, and when more RAM is needed for the arma3_64bit, the FPS will be low. Try to reduce the distance of visibility in the game, in the video settings.

2. The settings are partly individual in terms of the available resource of the PC. I have these settings.

Vm0XOKw.jpg

In my PC - 16Gb RAM. In Arma3launcher there is a limit for RAM 8Gb, but this does not mean that Arma3 will use all 8Gb. But if I make a 4Gb limit, or less, I will get low FPS.

8GB is not much these days. I wouldn't build a PC with less than 16.

It is necessary to separate the two aspects of the settings that affect the FPS in the game:

1. Arma3launcher
Each parameter affects the overall possible performance of the PC for the game. Hover over the name of the parameter - a hint appears about the parameter and its possible values. All values should not be higher than the resources available on your system. Each parameter with a check mark must be tested in the game, this is the start and stop of the game many times.
2. Video settings in the game. In the game settings, you need to change each parameter from minimum to maximum. Leave the parameters of each menu item in the value where the FPS from a low value gets a high value. If at some point of the settings, you manage to get high FPS, you can try to raise the settings levels of other settings items, but try not to lose the FPS.

These procedures can take a long time to find the optimal FPS. Maybe you can get an acceptable FPS, with lower values of the video settings of the game, since the bottleneck in your PC is RAM (8Gb)

In short, I am not very clever. I had my Monitor plugged into my motherboard not my GPU. Facepalm

2 minutes ago, Ant__ said:

In short, I am not very clever. I had my Monitor plugged into my motherboard not my GPU. Facepalm

It happens to the best...

But then again, your onboard IGP should be able to run the game as well, if you install the appropriate drivers.