Sign in to follow this  
ACES_KEVIN

New islands

Here is some of the wrpedit shots of my new islands im working on....these are in association with Operation Northstar, they have let me use a object pack and i am workin right along side with them to create some of these.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Also not shown here is another im workion on with powerslide called Prairie.

Ill have some shots of these in the next few weeks after there imported. Lots of custom textures and custom buildings.

What ya think?confused.gif

Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 29 2002,19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see alot of flatland.  Will there be a golfcourse?<span id='postcolor'>

? thats not flat.

It looks very promising so far, but i would definitely like to see some screenshots

Far from being flat actually........Yukon the bigger of the 2 is one of the more mountanous islands around......similar to a malden...but with scattered farms and tiny villages compared to "cities" or "towns".

Will have some screenshots from them as soon as we import the BETA's. Hopefully within the next week or so.

Kevin

Please make an island thats just big enough to hold a decent sized city. One that could be used for  urban Vietnam missions. That Helldon Island has a large city but its still not large enough.  sad.gif  Why can't someone get it right for once. I'm not knocking your work thogh. I think its admirable your creating islands for us, but I still crave that city for block by block battles. No grass for me baby! Just sweet concreate.  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Dec. 30 2002,08:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please make an island thats just big enough to hold a decent sized city. One that could be used for  urban Vietnam missions. That Helldon Island has a large city but its still not large enough.  sad.gif  Why can't someone get it right for once. I'm not knocking your work thogh. I think its admirable your creating islands for us, but I still crave that city for block by block battles. No grass for me baby! Just sweet concreate.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

are the AI really that brilliant in cities?

and also big cities tend to slow down my computer.

I always liked urban fighting in Montignac cuz stuff doesnt get screwed up much.... like in big towns units tend to run through walls, blow them selfs up with grenades, hit the player with rockets aimed at a tank down the street etc. Plus it slows down my comp. Lipany and Petrovice slow down my comp presently so....I should be gettin an upgrade soon though

Island looks great however. I used to make islands but it got kinda boring. I got a good one if you want me to send it to you Kevin... You and your guys can use it in Northstar. Its not done. Actually its sorta two islands at the moment but if you want it just PM me.

Maybe in the future i will make a large Urban map but right now i find the demad for this less than enough....and as mentioned it KILLS the lesser systems....if ya wanta huge urban city go to desert island and place a shitload of buildings all over the place....lag your way around it and have a blast....but right now i like the spread out scattered farm islands my self....just a opinion

Kevin

Ok Ok. I just asked a question. LOL.  tounge.gif  I'll be making an urban nightmare of my own soon. Do the editor addons allow you to add buildings etc? I've never tried them before...... "When your alone and life is giving you worries you can allways go!........downtown!".  tounge.gif

If you palce buidlings it lags a lot,but if they're incorporated into the map it's less,or so says something in my hazy memories.

Same with roads and stuff like that. I once made like a a big dirt runway on desert island just to see what it looked like (dont ask why) and when I started it up it lagged like hell.

ya ur right if u put them in from editor it does lagg like hell but when u make them in the editor it definitly doesent lagg as much but hey ill soon be getting a new geforce 4 graphics card so i really dont care as much biggrin.gif