sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0F - Foxtrot Released !!!

On 7/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, TeTeT said:

Helicopters will now be engaged by AK and RPG/LAW style weapons now more regularly, especially when slow and low.

@TeTeT, Back in the arma2 days i had the code for ai using small arms against hovering/slow moving aircraft on pistols/smg's aswell.Even the AI officers would fire on you if lingered around the wrong spot.

4 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

@TeTeT, Back in the arma2 days i had the code for ai using small arms against hovering/slow moving aircraft on pistols/smg's aswell.Even the AI officers would fire on you if lingered around the wrong spot.

There's no extra code needed anymore, you need to set airlock = 1 in the weapon config and units will engage. I guess it's a matter of the threat if they engage air or ground first then.

TeTeT

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TeTeT said:

There's no extra code needed anymore, you need to set airlock = 1 in the weapon config and units will engage. I guess it's a matter of the threat if they engage air or ground first then.

Been the same since OFP. The airlock=1 code was what i was tallkn bout.Yes,the threat values for the individual aircraft makes a difference to whether or not the ai fights or flee's.Too high values for threats from aircraft will make ai go into hide mode and ultimately disengage.

that new map you added, phuoc tuy or whatever its called, is fantastic. the ai even use the bridges flawlessly. grade A work. i've been waiting for a map like that for years. are you ever going to make the runway ai-compatible though?

• Thanks 1

Awesome work on the mod guys,  thank you so much. Just curious if anyone else is having a problem with the AH-1 cobra sound. Once the startup is complete the engine sounds stop. Maybe I have corrupted files, I'm not sure. Anyone else had this issue?

22 minutes ago, Cochise333 said:

Awesome work on the mod guys,  thank you so much. Just curious if anyone else is having a problem with the AH-1 cobra sound. Once the startup is complete the engine sounds stop. Maybe I have corrupted files, I'm not sure. Anyone else had this issue?

No reported issues from the Beta Test Team, are you running any other mods? 

• Thanks 1

I was but disabled them with the same effect. When I get home I'll try and repair and then "re-apply" UNSUNG and let you know

• Thanks 1

Same effect, really strange. No other mods running, files re-verified and the cobra is still silent after startup inside and outside when playing as the pilot. When it's AI I can hear it it fine. Can someone else please test this for me?

4 hours ago, Cochise333 said:

Same effect, really strange. No other mods running, files re-verified and the cobra is still silent after startup inside and outside when playing as the pilot. When it's AI I can hear it it fine. Can someone else please test this for me?

Just tested with the release and it works fine for me. Is there anything in our rpt file for arma that may show a prob with audio? How many sound sources have you set in the audio tab?

TeTeT

• Thanks 1

Hmmmm ok thanks will have a look and post what I have:icon14:

Great mod. But is there any particular reason why the M-151 Mutt looks more like a Willys MB (the grill is also different than it should be, from my understanding). And the M-151 MUTT generally has a lower shape compared to the one ingame.

The Willy MB has a vertical shaped grill, while the M-151 MUTT has a horizontal shaped grill, in the mod it's vertical.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:32 PM, Georilla said:

Great mod. But is there any particular reason why the M-151 Mutt looks more like a Willys MB (the grill is also different than it should be, from my understanding). And the M-151 MUTT generally has a lower shape compared to the one ingame.

The Willy MB has a vertical shaped grill, while the M-151 MUTT has a horizontal shaped grill, in the mod it's vertical.

The M-151 Mutt looks like a Willys MB because it is a Willys MB! We never got our hands on a M-151 Mutt model and no one of our team members managed to make one to be able to donate to the mod team. So unfortunately it's a bug yes, but it's just what we have to do to make do. We leave the naming convention of M-151 MUTT so as to be a placeholder until we eventually get one.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Barden said:

The M-151 Mutt looks like a Willys MB because it is a Willys MB! We never got our hands on a M-151 Mutt model and no one of our team members managed to make one to be able to donate to the mod team. So unfortunately it's a bug yes, but it's just what we have to do to make do. We leave the naming convention of M-151 MUTT so as to be a placeholder until we eventually get one.

Fair enough, hopefully it will happen in the future. I seen a model of a MUTT in Project '85 mod, but I assume sharing assets between mods isn't really something that happens much between modders here.

8 hours ago, Georilla said:

Fair enough, hopefully it will happen in the future. I seen a model of a MUTT in Project '85 mod, but I assume sharing assets between mods isn't really something that happens much between modders here.

What makes you think so? Ever looked at the credits coming with Unsung and saw the long list of contributors and donators? There's a fair amount of cross-mod development going on.

TeTeT

• Like 1

Thank you for the update. The new island looks excellent.

With Arma 4 being years (years and years) away, I am very appreciative of the on going support for my favorite mod.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TeTeT, When you guys get a chance can someone have a look into the LoD's of the aircraft.Particularly yacs and aplions a1,f100,f4.If you place a vanilla aircraft side by side with one of these and walk backwards you will see the LoD's are far too harsh.I havnt seen LoD's like that since OFP..🤫

On 7/27/2019 at 9:13 PM, TeTeT said:

What makes you think so? Ever looked at the credits coming with Unsung and saw the long list of contributors and donators? There's a fair amount of cross-mod development going on.

TeTeT

Didn't mean to downplay any support around here. Generally was used to modding drama somewhat in other games/modding communities, tend to lead to overprotective modding. But I'll take your word for it and happy to hear that things are more pleasant and less protective :). 

those planes have never had distance lods created by anyone.

Hello all! Today we want to introduce to you the new UNSUNG 3.4 Fox Update!

Coming front and centre of this update:

- Phouc Tuy 0.7 Update (New and improved Bases and Villages) and APEX Requirement removal! Map is still an ongoing WIP. - We added uns_civ to the preload array for Zeus Compatibility.

- Fixed inheritance of planes by adding uns_plane and not altering base classes (E.g. Better compatibility with CUP)!

- HoundDog has provided a mix of new and updated features including the 11th ACR uniforms and the Australian RAR uniforms were overhauled. This also includes new Special Forces Berets and new Helicopter Pilot helmets with the US and Australian flag on them.

- CH-53 sunked fixes when using AFM (Advanced Flight Model)

- OV-10 improvements including weapon proxies being visible to the pilot and a proper elevator as the model didn't previously include one. Elevator and flap animations are now where they should be.

- Improvemnets to the AC-47 and introduction of the AC-47 Flare Ship by Snoops.

- Changes to the M113 fleet including: Changes to the max speed by londo, M113 unarmed transport added (Idea by Anhor), fixed dust memory points on M113A1.

- Tail wheel fixes for the AC-47 and A-1 by londo.

- H-21 updated by londo (Reduced vertex, fixed lods, fixed height issue).

- F-111 fixed by londo (Wheels and nose-wheel anim, throttle issue and animation fixed).

- Fuel Capacity for the A-1 has been increased, and the H-13 and O-2 have had theirs decreased.

- M274 Mule has had it's turning circle reduced.

- M35 Truck front passenger seat fixed.

- Propblur for the C-130 fixed by nzdfcrash.

- Changed Tunnel object in csj_seaobj by londo.

- Fixed shadow lod 1000+ build issue in various buildings.

We also want to give a big shout out to all the people who have been donating to keep the public servers running it has been greatly appreciated!

Also deserving of a shout out is all the communities which dedicate their time to UNSUNG in which we developers thrive on. We can advocate for each of them to provide you with a great experience so please if you want to find out more visit our UNSUNG Discord (linked in my signature) and visit the #servers_n_units to read all the pinned communities who are still active and recruiting if you want to join in on that experience.

Yet another two deserving some mention is the two mod teams working on UNSUNG Compatibility completely voluntarily of their own accord, in which we'd like to pass our thanks and make note we've established comms with both teams to ensure that we can help out in whatever capacity we can. Please if you haven't checked them out here are the links:

UNSUNG JSRS Compatibility: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1817844401

UNSUNG ACE Compatibility: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1829277501

The Update is out on the Steam Workshop here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

Or via Torrent here:

https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.4.fox.torrent

Be sure to give us feedback by reporting bugs also on our Discord (linked in my signature) in the #bugs channel.

Thanks from the Development team, we hope you enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

We also have an update video available on youtube:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When using ACRE, the default radio slot is disabled and there is no way to equip the air support radio. Is there a way around this (other than not using ACRE)?

5 hours ago, drgreenthumb said:

When using ACRE, the default radio slot is disabled and there is no way to equip the air support radio. Is there a way around this (other than not using ACRE)?

Not that I'm aware of, but a radio existing in a vehicle should still be usable if you place the support radio into a vehicle and use the scroll menu. I could be wrong.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:45 PM, Barden said:

Not that I'm aware of, but a radio existing in a vehicle should still be usable if you place the support radio into a vehicle and use the scroll menu. I could be wrong.

So here's how we got it to work with ACRE for anyone interested:

Pull the radio PRC 25/90 out of a regular UNS ammo box (arsenal will not work).

Open your inventory, right click on the PRC 25, this will drop it on the ground.

With it on the ground, right click it again, it will flash once but should not go back into inventory.

Close inventory and look at the radio on the ground. Open the inventory and DRAG it back into your back pack.

You should now have a working support radio.

Also:

Is that official? I can't wait to make a Ben Het mission.

Thanks for this awesome mod, guys.

• Like 1