sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0F - Foxtrot Released !!!

you can look it up in cfgammo in the config viewer

i think it's a uns_ m47 wp etc

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eggbeast said:

you can look it up in cfgammo in the config viewer

i think it's a uns_ m47 wp etc

Thanks, I found it, it's "Uns_M47WPbomb".

I've been meaning to check out your mod for a couple of years now, I just downloaded it last week, I'm loving it, great job. 

• Thanks 2

I'm having so much fun with this mod, the PBRs, the Hueys, the Loachs,, and my God, the Skyraiders. The Skyraider is the best CAS aircraft in all of Arma 3. 

Thanks to the mod team for all your hard work. 

I was so inspired, and decided to create a mission using the mod.

If anyone is interested, the mission can be found here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1733455427

9uVZw2g.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello i was wondering if the EAM-2B life raft is deployable and if so how do you deploy it? 

On 5/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, stburr91 said:

I'm having so much fun with this mod, the PBRs, the Hueys, the Loachs,, and my God, the Skyraiders. The Skyraider is the best CAS aircraft in all of Arma 3. 

Thanks to the mod team for all your hard work. 

I was so inspired, and decided to create a mission using the mod.

If anyone is interested, the mission can be found here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1733455427

Very good mission.

Everyone interested in vietnam war should try this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wiki said:

Very good mission.

Everyone interested in vietnam war should try this one.

@stburr91 any chance of a COOP version?

I just wanted to say thanks for the addition of the M274 Mule. As a kid I'd see them driving near my neighbourhood, some of them even had the M40 on the back. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

some of them even had the M40 on the back. 

Soon™ 🙂

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, domokun said:

@stburr91 any chance of a COOP version?

Sorry no plans for a COOP version, the mission design really isn't suited for COOP.

I have a question regarding AI and the "radio chatters" , is it possible to have one AI unit play any of the radio chatters available with the unsung radios with a script command (like with a playSound3D or say3D command) ?

I know it's possible to manually activate the radio of an AI unit while in-game, but I would have liked to make it activated/play the sound without needing the player to do it in-game, for "immersion" purposes. I browsed through the config viewer in cfgSounds and tried a bunch of different sound files from Unsung but could'nt find those radio chatters, specifically the "transport channel chatter" and/or the "support channel chatter". 

Anyway, still having some great times with this amazing mod.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, praising said:

I have a question regarding AI and the "radio chatters" , is it possible to have one AI unit play any of the radio chatters available with the unsung radios with a script command (like with a playSound3D or say3D command) ?

I know it's possible to manually activate the radio of an AI unit while in-game, but I would have liked to make it activated/play the sound without needing the player to do it in-game, for "immersion" purposes. I browsed through the config viewer in cfgSounds and tried a bunch of different sound files from Unsung but could'nt find those radio chatters, specifically the "transport channel chatter" and/or the "support channel chatter". 

Anyway, still having some great times with this amazing mod.

This code is untested, but may work (or some variation of it). Name the unit with the radio 'radioUnit' and place this script in the Init Box of the unit, or in init.sqf:

[] spawn {
	private _radio = [radioUnit] call uns_radio2_fnc_createRadio;
	// WestGeneric, EastGeneric, West, East
	_radio setVariable ["_radioType", "WestGeneric"];
	// For West: 0 = westGround, 1 = westAir, 2 = westGeneric
	// For East: 0 = eastGround, 2 = eastGeneric
	_radio setVariable ["_radioChannel", 2];
	[_radio] spawn uns_radio2_fnc_playback;
};

Good luck, if you need more help with it, please reach out on our Unsung discord or via direct message on this forum.

TeTeT

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the help @TeTeT  , I tried it and  the code worked pretty much right off the bat. It does exactly what I was looking for! I tested it with an empty vehicle as "radioUnit" too, just to see, and it worked aswell.

Those radio chatters and sounds always were a great feature of the mod, I love them!

Again, thank you for helping me, you just made my day !

• Like 2

Had an amazing time playing with this mod with my group these past couple of weeks, just one quick question: is there any way to disarm/disable the punji traps etc.? I've tried adding trap kits, defusal kits and toolkits to the units but noone seems to be able to disarm the tripwire punji traps.

Edit: nevermind, apparently it WAS possible to defuse it using the ace-menu if I just crawl very close to it and look at the center of it.

dangerous game that! glad you're enjoying it

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, eggbeast said:

dangerous game that! glad you're enjoying it

Dangerous indeed, had a 50/50 success-rate on disabling the traps last mission, (well, both were disabled I suppose, just that one was disabled with a defusal kit and the other by a brave soldiers body, oh well, we managed to patch him up).

Just wanted to say we're all loving the mod, this is the first time we've been playing it properly and we're having a blast, love all the little details and functions such as setting huts on fire, punji traps, music in vehicles etc. Good times. Good job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How to deliver CAS to a friendly airborne team, hopelessly outnumbered, and under serious threat of being overrun.

Well done Raptor, and Eagle for the constant support to 3 hard-pressed squads from Delta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJguppg2rgg

• Like 2

horrific battle with 2 regiments of NVA

• Like 5

Unsung 3.3 Fox 

Some weeks ago the team was approached to remove some code that was in the mod for several years. The Unsung 3.3 Fox release is the result of this code removal and replacement. In particular the wheelbrake and afterburner code was replaced, and some dead code was completely removed.

The new afterburner was mainly written by Leshrack for the F/A-18 mod and we send our kudos to him for letting us use the code. The wheelbrake code was re-written by Yax and TeTeT. You now have two actions, one for applying wheelbrakes and one for turning them off, making it possible to spool up the engine.

Psyfox contributed his Phuoc Tuy map in an alpha version. Londo updated the Khe Sanh map. He also added a new M-274 mule with a machine gun for your gaming pleasures and improved the FFV positions on the M-113 and M-274. Eggbeast added fuel and ammo resupply capabilities to the M-113 engineering vehicle.

There is now a global menu entry for Unsung, to disable action menu shortcuts (particularly g and v for throwing grenades from helicopters). It is not fully functional yet, unfortunately.

On the airplanes, the suu11 gunpod dispersion was lowered for AI, making achilles/zeus based gun runs more effective. The F-100 could not use the 3 Mk 82 bomb rack previously, this was fixed.

Helicopters will now be engaged by AK and RPG/LAW style weapons now more regularly, especially when slow and low.

Last but not least the SEA Camo for the C-130 was supplied by Timms.

Enjoy the release,

TeTeT

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Hello,

I have something 😄

1. OV-10 Bronco its here Possbile to add the Realstic Flight Controll Animations?  The elevator  is currently  on landing Flap middle side. (Thats its wrong) and if Weapon pod on wing, you cant see form Pilot-seat

2. HH53B/Sea Stallion e.g You cant fly this if you have on Advenced Flight Modell, if you on you will exploded , or if not you will see you stuck in the Ground this why you will exploded and the sounds stop if you have have on and not die becuse stuck in Ground 😄

3. M-274 Mule To large turn circle for a vehicle of this size

4.A1H Skyraider, if you Place with Zeus, and want to trun in a other direction she will Jump comes down and explodes immediately thats make it Very very very hard to handle if you want to used with Zeus.

I feel too nit all Heilicopters are supported AFM

Still thanks for youres hard work and this nice Mod! keep it up 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, john85oc said:

1. OV-10 Bronco its here Possbile to add the Realstic Flight Controll Animations?  The elevator  is currently  on landing Flap middle side. (Thats its wrong) and if Weapon pod on wing, you cant see form Pilot-seat

2. HH53B/Sea Stallion e.g You cant fly this if you have on Advenced Flight Modell, if you on you will exploded , or if not you will see you stuck in the Ground this why you will exploded and the sounds stop if you have have on and not die becuse stuck in Ground 😄

4.A1H Skyraider, if you Place with Zeus, and want to trun in a other direction she will Jump comes down and explodes immediately thats make it Very very very hard to handle if you want to used with Zeus.

I feel too nit all Heilicopters are supported AFM

Still thanks for youres hard work and this nice Mod! keep it up 🙂

Cheers mate, for the feedback and love for the mod 🙂 We'll have a look into what we can but with the current team size I do expect that the issues related to not all helicopters having advanced flight model is not entirely solvable.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, john85oc said:

Hi,

thanks for the reports. On the OV-10 Bronco elevator I'm looking for some modellers help to move the elevator to the correct place. The missing weaponry from pilot view has been fixed.

The CH-53 sunken in ground was caused by the AFM (Advanced Flight Model for Helicopters) XML definition. There I moved the suspension to a better place. The wheels are floating now 5cm, but at least the explosions are gone.

Londo reduced the turn cycle, should be committed soon.

Unfortunately there's right now no fix to the Skyraider problem. Only work around I'm aware of is to change the altitude of the plane to a few meter and turn it while it tumbles down on the ground. The core problem is that the model of the Skyraider is not aligned to its position on the ground, e.g. the model's tail is up in the air. This causes the turmoil when rotating in Zeus. Unfortunately changing the model is a bit involved with re-aligning dozens of mem points, so no ETA on this.

As you can see, development for Unsung 3.4 Fox is on the way already. Focus will be primarily bug fixing and hopefully more updates to the new maps.

TeTeT

On 7/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, john85oc said:

• Like 3