sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0F - Foxtrot Released !!!

Team awaiting insertion

20190324121757_1.jpg?width=1134&height=6

Eagle flying inserts

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.03.25_-_07.21.07.

?width=1134&height=638

?width=1134&height=638

• Like 8

Unsung 3.1 Fox Update

Since the 3.0 Fox release the Unsung team was busy preparing this first update to Fox. Since ArmA 3 update 1.90 some of the Unsung headgear causes crashes to desktop, which this update fixes. Besides this fix a number of improvements and additions were made to Unsung. See the complete changelog at https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/UNSUNG 3.1f Changelog.pdf

Highlights of this update are:
    o Song Bin Tanh airfield and base added
    o C-130 by Sabre added
    o M-274 Mule by Londo added
    o Transport and Supply missions for Radio Support fixed
    o Canopy glass reflection issues fixed for UH-1 ARA and TOW and AH-1G Cobra
    o M-113, M-48 and M-551 improved physx
    o Update lesh tow compatiblity support for planes and helos
    o Fix stock shadow issue of AK-47
    o Updated ROK units

Downloads:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29948

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

Torrent: https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.1.fox.torrent

Update video:

Screenshots by Jeza!

Song Bin Tanh airbase:

20190402231145_1.jpg

20190402231320_1.jpg

Map notifications on Khe Sanh:

20190402231544_1.jpg

KC-130 in action, original model by Sabre:

20190402234403_1.jpg

20190402234455_1.jpg

M-274 Mule by londo:

20190403000821_1.jpg

AK-47 stock shadow improved:

20190403001201_1.jpg

AI planes drop Napalm accurately now:

20190403002218_1.jpg

20190403002323_1.jpg

PhysX improvements for M-113, M-48 and M-551:

20190403002833_1.jpg

20190403003146_1.jpg

20190403004037_1.jpg

Improved canopy visibility without reflections in AH-1G and UH-1 TOW and ARA:

20190403004340_1.jpg

Improved pilot animations for A-6, OV-10, F-105, F-111:

20190403005031_1.jpg

CTD fix for various helmets in multiplayer:

20190403005914_1.jpg

Edited by TeTeT
Add armaholic link
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately at least two bugs were introduced with Unsung 3.1 Fox:

• The UH-1 gunships have no textures after JIP on a dedicated server
  • C-130 and Mule are not available in Zeus on dedicated server

Both issues have been addressed and the solutions are currently under test. We do not know yet when we can update to 3.2 Fox to properly fix these issues.

Thanks for understanding,

TeTeT

• Like 3

Hello,

how do I edit the radio functions?

I have my RTO.

If I wanna call for support, I have AC-47, CAS run or chopper support.

How to edit so I have only CAS plane (for example) + kind of plane + choice of support (napalm for example)?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Wiki said:

how do I edit the radio functions?

How to edit so I have only CAS plane (for example) + kind of plane + choice of support (napalm for example)?

You cannot change the support menu, it's pretty much hard coded.

42 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

You cannot change the support menu, it's pretty much hard coded.

OK.

But how can I have napalm strike in support?

For now, when I call CAS, it's only rocket + gun run

1 hour ago, Wiki said:

You need to write some code. Use that code snippet as a base, it's a modification of fn_callCAS.sqf in uns_missilebox_c:

// Written by TeTeT for Unsung

params ["_caller", ["_target", ObjNull]];

// private _target = cursorObject;
if (isNull _target) exitWith {
	systemChat "No target";
	diag_log "callCAS: No target";
};

[_caller, "Calling Plane CAS"] remoteExec ["sideChat", _caller];

private _smokePos = getPos _target;
private _smokeType = selectRandom [
					["SmokeShell", "White"],
					["SmokeShellRed", "Red"],
					["SmokeShellGreen", "Green"],
					["SmokeShellYellow", "Yellow"],
					["SmokeShellPurple", "Purple"],
					["SmokeShellBlue", "Blue"],
					["SmokeShellOrange", "Orange"]
					];
private _smoke = createVehicle [_smokeType # 0, _smokePos, [], 0, "NONE"];
_smoke setPos [_smokePos select 0, _smokePos select 1, 5];
_smoke setDamage 1;
[_caller, "Target marked with smoke, confirm visual"] remoteExec ["sideChat", _caller];

// Source: http://home.earthlink.net/~aircommando1/ACTERMS.htm
private _callsign = selectRandom ["Bonnet", "Bulldog", "Dragon", "Firefly", "Hornet", "Litterbug", "Loudmouth", "Mustang",
								  "Red Dog", "Tiger", "Zorro"];

private _logic = "Logic" createVehicleLocal (getPos _target);
_logic setDir (random 360);
_logic setVariable ["vehicle", selectRandom [ "uns_f100b_CAS", "uns_A1J_CAS", "uns_A4B_skyhawk_CAS" ]];
/**
  Comment for wiki, these are the available weapon types:
		case 0: {[ "vehicleweapon" ]};
		case 1: {[ "rocketlauncher" ]};
		case 2: {[ "vehicleweapon", "rocketlauncher" ]};
		case 3: {[ "bomblauncher" ]};
**/
_logic setVariable ["type", 3];
_logic setVariable ["smoke", _smokeType # 1];
_logic setVariable ["callsign", _callsign];
_logic setVariable ["caller", _caller];

[_logic, nil, true] call uns_mbox_fnc_moduleCAS;
// diag_log "Calling uns_mbox_fnc_moduleCAS on server";
// [_logic, nil, true] remoteExec ["uns_mbox_fnc_moduleCAS", 2, false];
// diag_log "After call of uns_mbox_fnc_moduleCAS on server";

_caller;

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

TeTeT

Unsung 3.2 Fox Update

Added:

o Carpet Bombing Module (Beta)

o Preparation for disabling addAction shortcuts on demand (Hotkey Shortcut enable/disable, WIP)

Fixed:

Features-

o Use Unsung logo for all modules

o Removed supply radius and transport capabilities for uns_buildings2 buildings

Vehicles-

o M-551 improved physx

o M-48 improved physx

o M-113 improved physx

o UH-1 gunship have textures after JIP

o C-130 and Mule available via Zeus on dedicated server

o C-130 and OV-10 have wheel brakes now

o GetIn points for side gunners of M-113A1s

o Empty LOD in uns_m1_4a US Helmet

Downloads:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29948

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

Torrent: https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.2.fox.torrent

Screenshots by Papa_Bear56 on Twitter!

Spoiler

D3aOQOZXoAAqdlx?format=jpg&name=large

D3aOREjX4AErDuM?format=jpg&name=large

D1474avXcAAw9Fk?format=jpg&name=large

D1474Z-WwAkNHe-?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Barden
Updated with Armaholic link
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys, I seem to be having some problems with the Unsung Radio Module. For some reason, the only way I can get it to work is if the unit with the radio is the MACVSOG One-One/RTO or the Navy SEAL RTO. Otherwise I don't get the scroll wheel option to use it. Also, I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but the only person that can actually call in support is the RTO, even though other units can open the radio function and use it. If this helps, I'm playing in SP with only Unsung and CBA. Sorry if this has been posted before btw, I searched and didn't find anything. 

Love this mod and keep up the great work, and great work on the update!

On 4/5/2019 at 1:21 PM, Wiki said:

OK.

For now, when I call CAS, it's only rocket + gun run

There is also this module, needs updating but A-1H and F-100 CAS are still functional: 

Gents,

Love the progress on this, strong work. A few things I've noticed:

• AC-47 SEA camo texture and bump-map don't seem to be fitting the model properly.
  • F-105 silver textures not with right gloss map? silver appears dull grey.
  • CH-34 & (C)H-21 still have issues where they cannot maintain a consistent altitude when pilot by AI, keep on nosing up and gaining altitude.
  • Radio Module: I may enter only AC-47 as the only CAS but A-1H CAS still becomes available.
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Hey guys, I seem to be having some problems with the Unsung Radio Module. For some reason, the only way I can get it to work is if the unit with the radio is the MACVSOG One-One/RTO or the Navy SEAL RTO. Otherwise I don't get the scroll wheel option to use it. Also, I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but the only person that can actually call in support is the RTO, even though other units can open the radio function and use it. If this helps, I'm playing in SP with only Unsung and CBA. Sorry if this has been posted before btw, I searched and didn't find anything. 

Love this mod and keep up the great work, and great work on the update!

You need to equip the radio in the radio item slot of the RTO. I think on those two units the radios are by default in the item slot. For the others you need to replace the short range radio.

10 hours ago, pappagoat said:

Gents,

Love the progress on this, strong work. A few things I've noticed:

• AC-47 SEA camo texture and bump-map don't seem to be fitting the model properly.
  • F-105 silver textures not with right gloss map? silver appears dull grey.
  • CH-34 & (C)H-21 still have issues where they cannot maintain a consistent altitude when pilot by AI, keep on nosing up and gaining altitude.
  • Radio Module: I may enter only AC-47 as the only CAS but A-1H CAS still becomes available.

The CH-34 and probably CH-21 altitude problem is strange. I tested this on Doung island from Airbase Mike. When sending the helos directly nw to the island, they get stuck in this altitude loop, even though flyInHeight and flyInHeightASL was set to 100. I could not fix this, but found a work around: Send them north first over the sea, then they fly with 100 meter altitude, then add a final landing waypoint on the island and they make the whole trip at 100 meters, but for the final pop up before landing. So I would ask you to test this in your mission as well, give them an intermediary waypoint and see if that helps. 

The radio module CAS is currently coded in two different ways, so the AH-1 and UH-1 gunship CAS should always be available, no matter what. I might want to revisit the module some day and give it more configuration options.

TeTeT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The carpet bombing module is still quite raw and in beta. I've placed this Unsung specific video up as a tutorial:

Let me know what you think of it and if you have ideas for improvements, interested in your feedback.

TeTeT

• Like 6

Nice updates recently! Currently making a campaign for my group using this mod and I have a quick question: is there a way to disable the randomization of textures on the PBR's (or even better force which one of the textures it uses), in this campaign we are supposed to use the same boat several missions in a row and it would be nice for immersion if it looked the same and didn't change colour etc. 🙂

5 hours ago, mcnools said:

Nice updates recently! Currently making a campaign for my group using this mod and I have a quick question: is there a way to disable the randomization of textures on the PBR's (or even better force which one of the textures it uses), in this campaign we are supposed to use the same boat several missions in a row and it would be nice for immersion if it looked the same and didn't change colour etc. 🙂

There is no built in way to disable the texture randomization. Your best bet is a custom init box script:

T = [this] spawn {
    sleep 1;
    (_this # 0) setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co.paa"];
};

The sleep 1 is needed or otherwise the randomization skin will be applied. Then in the next line the pbr_co.paa texture will be applied. There you have a selection of different skins:

"\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_01.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_01a.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_02.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_02a.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_03.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_03a.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_04.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_04a.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_sog1.paa",
        "\uns_pbr\data\pbr_co_sog2.paa"

Pick one that you like best. Good luck with the missions!

TeTeT

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much TeTeT! That worked perfectly. 🙂

• Thanks 1

great mod as always fellas. you've done so much incredible work it has to be recognized.

maps and support requests still need HEAVY work though i'm sad to say. not enough room on the maps to carry out large operations and it's impossible to call in effective support.

i have one bad problem though. if i shoot a sidewinder while flying a f-4 phantom i instantly blow up and die.

also i'm stuck at 50 meter sighting on the m1a1 thompson smg. i can't switch to 100m so im stuck staring down the peephole sight. this is not ideal for the jungles of vietnam. great gun though!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

great mod as always fellas. you've done so much incredible work it has to be recognized.

maps and support requests still need HEAVY work though i'm sad to say. not enough room on the maps to carry out large operations and it's impossible to call in effective support.

i have one bad problem though. if i shoot a sidewinder while flying a f-4 phantom i instantly blow up and die.

also i'm stuck at 50 meter sighting on the m1a1 thompson smg. i can't switch to 100m so im stuck staring down the peephole sight. this is not ideal for the jungles of vietnam. great gun though!

Thanks for your kind words!

The Large scale maps for larger operations is something I noted myself. Unfortunately the only one on the scale at least I think you're thinking is Khe Sanh, but ultimately I hope that Song Bin Tanh (Graciously donated by GOS_Makhno) is another map added to the mod which I hope to help fill that void.

When you can, please send over maybe on our discord a bug report with images or video of the issue? We can get into discussion there also about the issue unless you aren't able to join discord in which case we can discuss it here.

Good point about the Thompson, I'll raise in the dev chat and if anyone has the time to take a look maybe we can get that sorted 🙂

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, Barden said:

Thanks for your kind words!

The Large scale maps for larger operations is something I noted myself. Unfortunately the only one on the scale at least I think you're thinking is Khe Sanh, but ultimately I hope that Song Bin Tanh (Graciously donated by GOS_Makhno) is another map added to the mod which I hope to help fill that void.

When you can, please send over maybe on our discord a bug report with images or video of the issue? We can get into discussion there also about the issue unless you aren't able to join discord in which case we can discuss it here.

Good point about the Thompson, I'll raise in the dev chat and if anyone has the time to take a look maybe we can get that sorted 🙂

Cheers!

Khe Sanh is great (Although occasionally crashy, as to be expected with all the terrain objects), but let's get real here. The map revolves around the battle of Khe Sanh. It's like having an Omaha Beach map and trying to suspend your disbelief to use it for something other than D-Day.

Song Bin Tanh is fantastic in terms of layout. The airfield works great with AI. The only problem is that it has been around forever and very little changes have been made to it. There's still buildings on the map with writing in Arabic/Farsi and middle-eastern buildings.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I'll try to join Discord one time and hang out with you guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

Khe Sanh is great (Although occasionally crashy, as to be expected with all the terrain objects), but let's get real here. The map revolves around the battle of Khe Sanh. It's like having an Omaha Beach map and trying to suspend your disbelief to use it for something other than D-Day.

Ive never had Khe Sanh crash when it was tested during the beta test phase, if you having issues i would suggest changing your Arma3 memory allocator.

Song Bin Tanh is fantastic in terms of layout. The airfield works great with AI. The only problem is that it has been around forever and very little changes have been made to it. There's still buildings on the map with writing in Arabic/Farsi and middle-eastern buildings.

The runway was added in the recent update, and i am sure given time the buildings will be updated.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Ive never had Khe Sanh crash when it was tested during the beta test phase, if you having issues i would suggest changing your Arma3 memory allocator.

The runway was added in the recent update, and i am sure given time the buildings will be updated.

It has nothing to do with the memalloc. I probably use the same one as you. There's even a place on the map called "Crash Valley" and past that point there are no trees. It's not there for no reason. 😛

The runway is fantastic by the way. Wish more maps in general had stuff that slick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pognivet said:

It has nothing to do with the memalloc. I probably use the same one as you. There's even a place on the map called "Crash Valley" and past that point there are no trees. It's not there for no reason. 😛

Well i personally haven't seen any issues with it, even when B52 Project Delta the Unsung Community Group has been running 25 player Ops. If you continue to have issues, please consider to report/discuss them on the Unsung Discord.

• Like 1

crash valley is named after NZDFCrash, one of our longtime contributors, it has nothing to do with crashing

• Like 1

Haven’t had crash on Khe Sanh since the delta update, using jemalloc 👍

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time finding classnames for this mod, the docs I can find, only have a very limited number of the classnames. 

I'm making a Vietnam mission, and I want to spawn a white phosphorus explosion, could someone tell me what the classname is that I would need?

I'm using this to spawn the explosion.

bomb = "white_phosphorus_classname_here " createVehicle [(getMarkerPos "bomb1" select 0),( getMarkerPos "bomb1" select 1), 0];