ObsceneNickname

I can't publish my mod 'cause of naked woman.

Hello, I published some modified version of ACE and ACEX on the workshop to use and share with close friends in easy way. I used an erotic pic with a naked woman. I didn't think it was a big deal 'cause it was just to internal use.

I can't publish noth now. Can i please have the possibility to publish again? I will avoid naked woman.

Thank you

How did you come to have the username "ObsceneNickname"?

• Haha 3

Perhaps you might want to consider using obscene usernames and pictures of naked women is not the best way to achieve want you want.

Also, I don't use it but I'm guessing the ACE EULA prohibits uploads of their mod.

2 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Also, I don't use it but I'm guessing the ACE EULA prohibits uploads of their mod.

This was my second thought.

First thought was that it's could be Steam blocking the upload because of the picture by using some kind of noody-finding algorithm (technical, I know).

18 hours ago, ObsceneNickname said:

I published some modified version of ACE and ACEX on the workshop to use and share with close friends in easy way.

You are not allowed to do that. That violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement. That you accepted to follow when you registered your Steam account.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Perhaps you might want to consider using obscene usernames and pictures of naked women is not the best way to achieve want you want.

Yes, that was childish and I feel stupid and very sorry about that. However I never meant to offend noone and/or to cause trouble to anyone (actually I just genuinely thought noone would have never seen my mod at all except my friends who seem they tolerate me); and my nickname is.. well, it's fine. xD

12 hours ago, beno_83au said:

First thought was that it's could be Steam blocking the upload because of the picture by using some kind of noody-finding algorithm (technical, I know).

I don't think so because Steam just allowed me to upload the mod with the stupid naked woman. I did that on 19th late night (two days ago). On 20th morning (very few hours later) I had messages that my mod was inappropriate and I tried to fix that but I'm just unable to do anything with "Publisher" now. They just never gave me the possibility to fix that.

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

You are not allowed to do that. That violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement. That you accepted to follow when you registered your Steam account.

There are HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of custom ACE and ACEX mods on the workshop. My mods were a drop in the ocean.

I just wanted an easy way to share ACE and ACEX with custom module selection. Even in the ACE's website they invite you to use custom module selection. Without publishing on the workshop we have to upload every time on some file transfer website :(

That said, If I can be forgiven for this childish behaviour (if I can have my privilege to upload to the workshop back again) I would be very grateful. I remember you I'm not a serial troll/spammer. I just posted a stupid thing once and I think I learned the lesson. Any offense was TOTALLY unintentional.

Thank you anyway for your attention. Have a nice Christmas Holiday

1 hour ago, ObsceneNickname said:

There are HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of custom ACE and ACEX mods on the workshop. My mods were a drop in the ocean.

There are also hundreds of murderers and thieves in the world. That means it's fine if I kill some people and steal all their stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsceneNickname said:

That said, If I can be forgiven for this childish behaviour (if I can have my privilege to upload to the workshop back again) I would be very grateful. I remember you I'm not a serial troll/spammer. I just posted a stupid thing once and I think I learned the lesson. Any offense was TOTALLY unintentional.

Your problem is that you already have 3 offences under your belt. Naked pictures, an obscene username and at least 1 illegal upload.

So you can understand If it was down to me I would doubt your claims to not be a troll or a spammer, but you need talk to steam about upload permissions, it is not something anyone here can do.

23 hours ago, Dedmen said:

There are also hundreds of murderers and thieves in the world. That means it's fine if I kill some people and steal all their stuff.

Hmm, clever simile, Dedmen. Maybe... murder and theft are moral abominations sedimented in people's mind over millenia which effects and consequences are easily understood. Mods uploading on Steam Workshop on the other hand... But hey, let's compare sh*t and chocolate: they're both brown.

I've internalized ACE EULA now. I browse the workshop and I look to all those sinners...

22 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Your problem is that you already have 3 offences under your belt. Naked pictures, an obscene username and at least 1 illegal upload.

So you can understand If it was down to me I would doubt your claims to not be a troll or a spammer, but you need talk to steam about upload permissions, it is not something anyone here can do.

I appreciate your honesty. That was my first upload to workshop ever. I was (and I still am) a noob of these things. I did a mistake and I did it unintentionally so I did what I felt I had to: to explain myself, to apologize and - why not - to ask the non-application of the sentence. If you still doubt the genuinity of my behaviour that's ok (even if I would invite you to humanly feel my stupidity). Thank you anyway for your attention and time.

• Like 1

On 22.12.2018 at 3:55 PM, ObsceneNickname said:

Mods uploading on Steam Workshop on the other hand...

...is theft. And violates the rules of this forum.