USSR68

Help with Adding Camo Textures and Adding Vehicles to Editor

I am new to working with Cfg's and I have been working on adding some more camo textures to a jet however, the option of them appear in-game but when I click on it, the texture stays the same, can someone perhaps point me into the right direct? Also, how can I make a vehicle show up on a certain side, so like if I was to try and get a jet to appear in the editor what would I put in the .Cfg to make it show up. Thanks in advance!

Would be helpful if you could show what you have done so far.

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Would be helpful if you could show what you have done so far.

Here is the .Cfg https://pastebin.com/fb97AfkY

And I did get permission from Fox to use the Migs and work on them. But yeah for some reason I can't get the camos to appear in-game, the skin layers show up like "CDFAF Plain" and "CDFAF Woodland" but the texture itself stays the same.

6 hours ago, Dedmen said:

That looks like the config of the original mod. The spaces in the filename look weird. Also textures should have a _co suffix, your's don't seem to have that.

Also your texture paths don't start with leading backslash. The Example does: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Vehicle_Customization#Base_class

It is, I am trying to reskin the vehicle and learn that before I touch the rest of the .Cfg. However thank you for clearing that up! But if I would add texture normals to the vehicle how should I do that?

5 minutes ago, USSR68 said:

But if I would add texture normals to the vehicle how should I do that?

You mean you want a normal map? You need to create a rvmat for that. I don't know if the texture switching stuff from vehicle customization supports that.

I will see if I can make a normal map work, but thank you for all the help!