Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

Beta-Mig released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 30 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think the flares actually do anything, i havent looked at the cpp on this or the tornado but they look like they are just slow rockets not actual flares, and even the ingame flares dont attract guided missiles, so i think the flares acting against you may be in your head tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

they work great! In the tornado I can even stay alive vs the DKM aa tanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 30 2002,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think the flares actually do anything, i havent looked at the cpp on this or the tornado but they look like they are just slow rockets not actual flares, and even the ingame flares dont attract guided missiles, so i think the flares acting against you may be in your head tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

they do actually, they cause any near by weaponry to explode, launch missiles at them and watch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Dec. 29 2002,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lets make a site for this community addon makers, that will put laws on realisim and give some kind of quality control. And everytime an addon is released, a it will be givin a badge that says " Addon Community Certified" This way , we will all know that this addon has past the test and is good enough to use and have a fair multiplayer battle using it againt other units.<span id='postcolor'>

There already is one, sort of.

OFPEC.

Anyways, looks nice, I'm going to d/l it straight away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Way too fast to use in OFP...air speed about 3-4 times that of a SU-25. It's impossible to engage other jets...<span id='postcolor'>

Man i do think what you need is to find out your ofp user guide and then the manual page,look for the auto target key of vehicles & crafts.(for different side only)Originally it is the key "tab" on the keyboard. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Zook if you're referring to me you have the wrong idea. I'm going to comment on what I saw in the addon. I'm not being mean, but if I don't say anything it won't get fixed. That goes for all you addon makers (deadsoldier) that don't take constructive criticism. That's exactly what it is, constructive criticism. Noone's dissing your addon. Now if I were to diss it you'd know without a shadow of a doubt. Just be glad I'm a nice guy who offers constructive criticism and not some punk out to disrespect everyone. The way some of you guys start crying at the slightest mention of something that could be better you deserve to be chewed out right back. It's a total dis to take this all wrong and start dissing people who just talk about what you made, so if you got dissed back don't even try to argue. Now I'm a very disciplined person who is very respectful. I have taken martial arts and value respect to others alot. Not to mention that I am black and know my people's history and how we were treated in the fifties so I am all about respect. People are going to say what they want, you guys just have to accept that which you don't have the power to change.<span id='postcolor'>

Peanuckle_00 i agree with you ,your advices are rarely professional for the mod authors.

personally i think you need a better way to express them ,and let the creators accept your view points smoothly.

for example :

it a better way giving a horse grass than beating it to let it run faster in my mind.

fisrt point out their adantages then the disadvantages.

you'll make it .

cheers

i just looked through the config of the tornado (probably where this was taken from), all the flare is is a basic rocket, but slowed down, theres nothing to suggest it should actually do anything

So the maker of this addon stole Kegety's Sidewinder, Aden Cannon, CPP, and the Flare from the Tornado?

I ain't downloading it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 31 2002,07:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i just looked through the config of the tornado (probably where this was taken from), all the flare is is a basic rocket, but slowed down, theres nothing to suggest it should actually do anything<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the flares do seem to stop bullets at least on the G8 Tornado. I dropped some while going by AKM-74's ZSU-23-2 AA guns and I saw several of the rounds explode on the flares. smile.gif Too bad the AI doesn't launch flares when AA guns start shooting at it. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wouldn't the flares technically only work for IR-guided weapons like some SAM's and AAM's?

I think AAA is mostly radar/visual guided.

Don't take my word for it though....

are you sure you arent seeing them exploding on the ground? otherwise you would be able to shoot normal missiles with other missiles/bullets and ive never seen that happen before

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 31 2002,13:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">are you sure you arent seeing them exploding on the ground? otherwise you would be able to shoot normal missiles with other missiles/bullets and ive never seen that happen before<span id='postcolor'>

Well it can be done. Yesterday i tried setting some tornado's up against some Tunguska's from DKM mod. Either it was luck or else they where shooting at the missiles that where shot at them it looked really cool. But they manage to destroy some of them before they got hit.

Eviserator, the flares do work on the Tornado.

I looked into it as well, they ARE just considered rockets in the cpp.

But the way they work has something to do with the flare model, I not exactly sure as I cant open the model. (think it has been binarized).

If the flare comes between an inbound missile and the targeted plane, they both explode. I'm guessing it has something to do with, possibly, the geometry model of the flare.

They dont attract inbound missiles though, as you mentioned. Its just a case of getting a flare between you and the missile and it will 'colide' with the flare.

At least thats how I think they work!

just to clear things out, many ppl think i made this model. NO i did NOT make this, i have nothing to do with it. the guys name who posted is " dutchsoldier " not deadsoldier.

Cheers

ok the flares work like this,

They are little rockets, slow ones, so they will go behind the the airplane. And they have a bigger fire geometry, so that anything that come behind the lpane hits it and explodes. The flare is too small for that to insure that everything behind it explodes. So the invisible hit geometry is big, thats why if u try to throw 2 flares same time, one will explode. And yes they will explode when they hit ground. they will explode whenthey hit anything. Try throwing it at a soldier, he will die too.

Yes your bullets are stopped by the flar, because the flare is jut an object that what ever collides with it will explode. And to insure everything will collide with it thats coming fromtheback, the fire geometry is made much bigger than actulay flare. The geomtry is invisible in OFP. but in O2.. uw ill be able to see it.

So no, the missle does not "chase" the flare. Thats why i always fire missles when tornado is doing a turn and im at right angle to it. cause then the flare wont be infront of missle..and it wont chase it. ...

hope that explains things.

cheers

Oh and Miles tag the AI for me fire the flares but i thing the fire way too much beacuse instead of using the bombs to kill enemys they will use the flares biggrin.gif but thats ok because it still looks cool and they will also work for things that come from underneath it too wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Dec. 31 2002,08<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So the maker of this addon stole Kegety's Sidewinder, Aden Cannon, CPP, and the Flare from the Tornado?

I ain't downloading it...<span id='postcolor'>

the engine sound and cockpit appear to be taken from helldens F14 too

Commando Force Clan is making a mig21 and the animations were supposed to have been done by Christmas. It's new years and still no sign of it.

What an absolutely stupid way for flares,I don't understand why people would all enthousiastic about flares that even 'work' *cough* against non IR guided weapons.

Can you find a better way to make countermeasures in ofp? If not, maybe you should just shut up.

here here

i like the countermeasures, just wish it wasnt so effective. But i dont mind it, better than none at all

That cockpit just doesn't look like a real MiG29 cockpit. Needs work wink.gif

The cockpit is pretty useless. But the cool thing is if they wanted the buttons n stuff to work they could program it to do so.

Oh come on!

Why not give it a deflector shield and do away with all sense of realism?

Yes,I do know a plane would have flares for use against IR guided weaponry,I also know how annoying it is that you can do almost nothing against missiles.And believe me,I would like a good defense as much as the next person.

I'm just saying that this is almost just as good as having nothing,seeing as it's just as realistic,and that all the people jumping up and down about the flares are at least 'slightly overreacting'.

I hope we agree on that.

I'm not shelling out criticism on the modmakers who have come up with an innovation, (which will hopefully be refined into something better) since I have trouble with anything serious in editing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Jan. 03 2003,03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh come on!

Why not give it a deflector shield and do away with all sense of realism?

Yes,I do know a plane would have flares for use against IR guided weaponry,I also know how annoying it is that you can do almost nothing against missiles.And believe me,I would like a good defense as much as the next person.

I'm just saying that this is almost just as good as having nothing,seeing as it's just as realistic,and that all the people jumping up and down about the flares are at least 'slightly overreacting'.

I hope we agree on that.

I'm not shelling out criticism on the modmakers who have come up with an innovation, (which will hopefully be refined into something better) since I have trouble with anything serious in editing.<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, unless BIS comes out with a patch for the game giving planes flares I don't think there is a better way. Also, it is possible to shoot down these planes with AA missile shots to the side. Also AA guns down the Tornados and Migs just fine unless it's a human pilot using the flares to help block the AA guns... but even then it doesn't block all the bullets.

I was just playing earlier where I was flying the Tornadoes (AA configuration) and I was able to shoot down the Mig-25's even when they used flares. You just have to time your missile shots just right. At any rate, I shot three Mig-25's down. These flares are not some giant shield that makes these planes invincible. Until BIS makes real flares on aircraft I don't think it's possible to make anything more realistic except for perhaps tweaking the current flare system.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>