Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

Beta-Mig released

Just got back from ingame testing...and I think it's at pretty Alpha stage. too bad...i think deadsoldier should carry on with his.

Wow what a surprise. I can't wait to test it. Oops wait. Be angry that I speak freely, so what. That mig there has the ugliest tail I have ever seen. Looks like two erect....I don't want to say it. I've seen real pics of the mig and those engine exausts don't poke out like that.

mig29-2.jpg

what the hell?  that's not a Fulcrum...

fix up that tail then rerelease it... does it even have moving panels? confused.gif

How is the flight model on it?

It looks very beta to me confused.gif

I put "beta" into the title, just to make sure smile.gif

Good first effort, now go the extra mile and make it rival the Tornado smile.gif

It goes a bit too fast for OFP standards, you zoom across maps so fast that it's impossible to target anything. confused.gif Also, why does a Russian jet have sidewinders, an Aden cannon, etc?

Way too fast to use in OFP...air speed about 3-4 times that of a SU-25. It's impossible to engage other jets...

On the plus side, very nice texturing...similar to this pic:

mig-29.jpg

because its beta and Iam sure the authour is aware of the problems, but it being beta, Iam sure he will do it later. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ Dec. 29 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">because its beta and Iam sure the authour is aware of the problems, but it being beta, Iam sure he will do it later.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Dec. 28 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what the hell?  that's not a Fulcrum...

fix up that tail then rerelease it... does it even have moving panels? confused.gif

How is the flight model on it?<span id='postcolor'>

whats wrong with it? the tail looks just as it should, compare it with the photo.

anyway, it flys great...beat the crap out of a pair of F15's, out-turned them no prblem, shame the "sidewinders"(that needs to be changed...archer maybe?) cant hit the broad side of a barn sad.gif cannon seems a little underpowered, went through nearly all the ammo on one plane before it went crashed.

But not bad though, least it doesnt lag me to hell and back like the other mig29 that was made sometime ago wink.gif

the flare idea is great but the flare's come out like white boxes the wheels when they turn in you can see they come through the wings and the sidewinders change it to something else and the speed must not so high that speed is to high for OFP wink.gif

If this changes are made it would be a cool addon oh and you guys seen the canopy you can open and close it now that is what I want to see in jet's xmas.gif

it's a good work in most beta version of the ofp mods

we NEED MORE RUSSIAN AIRCRAFTS.

r u guys just able to say"bad mod,i don't like it" after playing the author's hard work?

Zook if you're referring to me you have the wrong idea. I'm going to comment on what I saw in the addon. I'm not being mean, but if I don't say anything it won't get fixed. That goes for all you addon makers (deadsoldier) that don't take constructive criticism. That's exactly what it is, constructive criticism. Noone's dissing your addon. Now if I were to diss it you'd know without a shadow of a doubt. Just be glad I'm a nice guy who offers constructive criticism and not some punk out to disrespect everyone. The way some of you guys start crying at the slightest mention of something that could be better you deserve to be chewed out right back. It's a total dis to take this all wrong and start dissing people who just talk about what you made, so if you got dissed back don't even try to argue. Now I'm a very disciplined person who is very respectful. I have taken martial arts and value respect to others alot. Not to mention that I am black and know my people's history and how we were treated in the fifties so I am all about respect. People are going to say what they want, you guys just have to accept that which you don't have the power to change.

"Yo Bartender, gimme another scotch and a ritalin chaser"

Chill babies, the crying is getting outta hand,

To whoever made this, keep working,

To whoever don't like it, do it yourself, or shaddup,

On constructive criticism, yes modmakers should look for that on releasing a beta, that's the idea behind the concept,

Critics, "umm that doesn't look right," or "the colors are too bold", that is constructive, "This is crap, a 3 year old could do better" is neither criticism or constructive.

Are we all on the same page now?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 29 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> That goes for all you addon makers (deadsoldier) that don't take constructive criticism.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, you telling me to "remember that the mig-29 is a single seater" is not constructive critisism, its the dumbest thing anyone can say, you might as well tell me to remember that the mig-29 is ap lane and has wings. That would be more constructive as a mig does have a 2 seater version too!!

You are just trying to get your post number high by posting at each thread with dumb posts everywhere.

One thing i like about this mig is that the intakes are shaped correctly from the front. The model needs a lot of work though, the nozzles and the leading edge is too big and bulky.

It flys too crazy, whats up with everyone giving their planes thrust vectoring flying charactiristics...tornado and now this. Why dont we all try to keep things realisitc, not make our planes super menouverable because each addon m aker wants his plane to rule the OFP skys, i can easily make my plane do loops around the pilots nose, or take off in 10 metrs, but that wont be too realistic would it?

i think somehow this community has to make a standard where all addon makers follow. There should be some kind of code of conduct, or whatever it is. Lets make a site for this community addon makers, that will put laws on realisim and give some kind of quality control. And everytime an addon is released, a it will be givin a badge that says " Addon Community Certified" This way , we will all know that this addon has past the test and is good enough to use and have a fair multiplayer battle using it againt other units.

just my 2 cents.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 29 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That goes for all you addon makers (deadsoldier) that don't take constructive criticism.<span id='postcolor'>

Some modmakers spend a lot of time on their addons...and I mean a LOT. Thefore, they are thinking after all that hard work, they're going to have the community love them for their work...and it doesn't always turn out that way. Some people take constructive criticism wrongly, I agree. But there is a sort of critics that dont spoil all the fun and hard work. That would consist of ideas and ways on how to improve the addon... for example, If i were to comment on the intake models, i wouldn't just say: "the intake models looks a bit screwed up, you gotta change them", I would say:"I like the blah blah blah, and also the blah, but one thing i thought i might comment on is the intakes...they don't look right compared to the real thing...it should be easy for you, maybe you can change them, and great work with the rest of the addon."

You see...most critics are some very harsh people, and just blabber out anything that comes to their mind and comment their harshest on the addon...whether they can do better or not. - Theser are the people I have a hard time with. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 29 2002,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, why does a Russian jet have sidewinders, an Aden cannon, etc?<span id='postcolor'>

cuz it uses kegetys' hawk as base for the cpp smile.gif

Peanuckle_00 and deadsoldier, stop it. I already warned you in the other thread. One more flame attempt from you and you will get post restricted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 29 2002,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 29 2002,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, why does a Russian jet have sidewinders, an Aden cannon, etc?<span id='postcolor'>

cuz it uses kegetys' hawk as base for the cpp smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

personally i thought it was based on the tornado as it has the flares, which talking of which...is it me or are they a little too effective? the mig is nearly impossible to shoot down from any angle. sad.gif the breaks on the ground could do with a little tweaking as ive yet to stop without the aid of a solid object confused.gif

but on the other hand, i actually like the manuverability and speed, its not armed for A-G so the high speed doesnt matter, and i find it rather forgiving when you make an error.

i dont think the flares actually do anything, i havent looked at the cpp on this or the tornado but they look like they are just slow rockets not actual flares, and even the ingame flares dont attract guided missiles, so i think the flares acting against you may be in your head tounge.gif

Nice work on the mig, sure aint easy and glad u decided to release to the community.

Criticism? - LoL!....just make sure u enjoy the addon u created and not creating it just for community, cos sometimes one man's meat is another's poison, a difference of expectations. Cant please em all.

However if u do release it, than accept everything thrown - the good the bad and the ugly. There's always a 70% / 30% rule - 70 like, 30 hate it no matter what even in the case of the best addon. Its natural and perhaps built in our genes cos the 70% of praises gonna make us complacent but the 30% is gonna make us sit up and create something better. Its progress! wink.gif