Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

I can almost guarantee this map will be part of FRANKIEonPC's Arma 3 DayZ series! Oh, the Stories this map can create!!!

Also, here's an Idea @Dan Tronic. could some of the very low-levels have some of the tunnels be flooded? I mean with the facility in such disrepair as seen in your teasers, it's logical to think that pumps on the max sub-levels have failed and thus certain tunnels to certain rooms can only be accessed by swimming in the dark! The dark, ominous tunnel now even more dangerous with water!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Digger James said:

I can almost guarantee this map will be part of FRANKIEonPC's Arma 3 DayZ series! Oh, the Stories this map can create!!!

Also, here's an Idea @Dan Tronic. could some of the very low-levels have some of the tunnels be flooded? I mean with the facility in such disrepair as seen in your teasers, it's logical to think that pumps on the max sub-levels have failed and thus certain tunnels to certain rooms can only be accessed by swimming in the dark! The dark, ominous tunnel now even more dangerous with water!

Fully flooded Rooms/tunnels are on the to-do list, these areas will be for that high-level loot :soldier:

• Like 4

Oh YEA! dev already ahead of me on ideas! besides that those Mountains and Valleys would be pretty sick to have guns only dogfights in fixed aircraft! that Wasteland look with maybe WW1 Biplanes by Sabre or another era would be fun!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan Tronic said:

Fully flooded Rooms/tunnels are on the to-do list, these areas will be for that high-level loot :soldier:

when you do, don't forget to do it similar to this    ;-)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

when you do, don't forget to do it similar to this   😉

That is also on the list along with something like this maybe? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan Tronic said:

That is also on the list along with something like this maybe? 

beautiful !

• Like 2

Weekly Update #1 - Cytech Development.
This is a brief update from our development team showing our weekly progress. This is by far not everything that the team has achieved this week, however, we aim to make one of these a week so as to stay in contact with the community and get feedback on our progress.

Atom_Monky:

Monky has been doing fantastic work on creating our custom overground terrain this includes making it ArmA ready. So as to allow other members of the team to start building towns, villages and everything expected of custom terrain.

Media:

5.jpg
7.jpg

Dan Tronic:
Dan has been working hard on a completely custom satellite map for the above ground terrain,You can see the results in game by backtracking to the progress screen shots from Atom Monky.

Media:

291234cb339e92ddd8652a0b6608eeaa.png

ec272b0ebb17c8d6be23854c044a553b.png

He-Man:
He-Man has been doing excellent work porting in a huge amount of sections for the underground. He has also been porting in fully animated hydraulic doors with custom sound effects.
Media:

20190324173916_1.jpg
20190403025326_1.jpg

Rawr-Tech:
I have been focusing on working with our building assets getting them ready for the creation of towns in the overground terrain, As an example making our Church ready to be built into the terrain. We have around 9 more buildings finished and just require furnishing to make them game ready.

Media:

0778aea4b5d6fcaba95ae9e3aaa136ba.jpg
a66e6f095c81e77de16bf5f989521f53.jpg

Closing notes:
Everyone have a great Easter weekend!

Edited by Rawr-Tech
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Weekly Update #2 - Cytech Development.
This is a brief update from our development team showing our weekly progress. This is by far not everything that the team has achieved this week, however, we aim to make one of these a week so as to stay in contact with the community and get feedback on our progress.

Atom_Monky:

Monky has been working on our above-ground terrains clutter (Grass, rocks, ETC) unfortunately we are not ready to share images of this however, in the coming weeks I am sure we will. He has also been working on our building assets getting them game ready with Dan and myself this week.
Media:

656a22e39b1986eb3734992da3107ae8.jpg

Dan Tronic:

Dan Tronic has been also working on our building assets (Village houses), making them completely Arma ready. He has also tweaked the satellite map as well as the ground textures for the above ground terrain. 

Media:

20190425031540_1.png20190426030052_1.png

Rawr-Tech:

I have also been working on building assets as part of our push to get buildings ready for the building on the terrain in the near future. I have also been playing around with vehicles toying with the idea of upgradeable vehicle armor as part of a survival element of the gamemode , I will follow this up next week with some images.

Media:

7aa36f6eb4f1d6b220c5c29c37a3364a.jpgafcb18c607c292f4d42c105ffc7f2e57.jpg

Responses: 

1 hour ago, Schorsch_GER said:

omg so awesome ♥ .. when starts the server ? i cant wait to play on this server 🙂

Unfortunately, at this time we have no solid dates as this project is a hobby for all developers involved, that we do in our free time it, however, it's aimed that the game mode will be live and playable the same time as the terrains are released.

Closing notes:

Hopefully, Everyone had a good Easter.
As for everyone on the Orthodox calendar like my self hopefully, you have a great Easter weekend. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very cool looking, looking forward to checking it out. I see a lot of stalker props...

Things i would advise:

Test the underground bits out in MP as early as possible - the problem i feel will be the most annoying is the lack of light occlusion from flashlights -  the current achilles heel of everything 'underground'. Designing places with that in mind you can reduce it a bit (but not fully).  As singleplayer it looks usually very good, but with more people running around with flashlights it can be pretty bad looking otherwise.

I dont know what you are going for in terms of "world building" but i would (personal opinion) reduce the amount of grafiti - to me grafiti is always a sign of human activity. Lots of grafiti -> lots of human activity. For a place to feel lost and forgotten i think its best to show minimal signs of recent human interaction. Less human interaction -> more mystery

• Like 3

Weekly Update #3 - Cytech Development.

Atom_Monky:

Monky has been continuing working on our above-ground terrains developing the road system with custom roads. In the meantime, while buldozer keeps crashing he tweaked the map clutter settings.
Media:

unknown.png
20190506103017_1.jpg

Dan Tronic:

Dan Tronic has been doing some amazing work on our custom ground clutter models. here's a screenshot showing 3 grass models out the huge amount we are yet to port in. He has also been busy working on some custom textures for a rifle model currently being worked on by our new developer "EvilCallum"
Media:

gun4.jpg

20190506022228_1.jpg

EvilCallum:

"EvilCallum" has joined Team Cytech as a new developer. He has begun working on an arsenal for Cytech Industries and has returned from the post-apocalyptic future world with new experimental weaponry. Its codename is the TSR, still, very WIP and he is looking to create some lore to surround the weapon.

Media:

20190505200212_1.jpg

20190505200135_1.jpg

He-Man:

He-Man has ported in a huge amount of assets this week. These assets are exclusively for the underground terrain.  We hope to build something with all the new underground assets soon. expect some screen shots/videos soon.
Media:

20190504224116_1.jpg

Rawr-Tech:

Due to unfortunately having to go back to work after the Easter vacation my time is once again limited. 
Continuing from last week's post, I have been working on an armoured vehicle using the animate function to bake the armour into the model to be able to implement it into our framework allowing for the player to add armour their vehicles. 
I have also posted an image game-ready asset, I did over the Easter vacation.

Media:

117324d7124104cfbb335546fffbd9fb.jpg%5B

c5d087e67d629cde26243258943a51ea.jpg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, x3kj said:

Very cool looking, looking forward to checking it out. I see a lot of stalker props...

Things i would advise:

Test the underground bits out in MP as early as possible - the problem i feel will be the most annoying is the lack of light occlusion from flashlights -  the current achilles heel of everything 'underground'. Designing places with that in mind you can reduce it a bit (but not fully).  As singleplayer it looks usually very good, but with more people running around with flashlights it can be pretty bad looking otherwise.

I dont know what you are going for in terms of "world building" but i would (personal opinion) reduce the amount of grafiti - to me grafiti is always a sign of human activity. Lots of grafiti -> lots of human activity. For a place to feel lost and forgotten i think its best to show minimal signs of recent human interaction. Less human interaction -> more mystery

Our assets are not ported from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. nor ripped from a pre-existing game, they have been developed and customised to our specifications. (Edit: In the early stages of development we did use some stalker assets in our underground, however, these were placeholders and have since be removed due to my distrust of the stalker asset usage agreement being sketchy at best)
MP is high on our priority list and we will be testing it as soon as possible.
As for the graffiti point that makes perfect sense, when it comes to locked-down areas with low human activity that will very much be the case.

• Like 4

On the Surface, above the underground complex, idk about the facility itself. you'll have to ask the Devs

• Like 1

Weekly Update #4 - Cytech Development.

Dan Tronic:

This week, Dan has been busy working on the custom environment models. Following on from last week, Dan has now finished the ground clutter models and has since moved onto rocks.

Media:

20190507184312_1.jpg
rocks1.png

He-Man:
He-Man has been working hard on more of our underground assets finishing off the final few required for the current unground build.

Media:

20190512175746_1.jpg

Rawr-Tech:

This week I have taken a break from buildings to work on vehicles, I have remixed and ported the ArmA 2 "Hand Over, Offender" creating a new Land Rover Defender 90 hardtop variant using the original textures UV mapped to the new hardtop allowing for easy retexture using original textures and playing around with animations on the Ural allowing for adding armor to the vehicle and allowing players interact with viewports for better first person viewing .

Media:

a563c58621826fb0fb694d1cde8bfd5d.jpg

be3849d12b1c0a8c5d6a5129431992da.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, KebabRemover said:

I love these weekly updates, gets me hyped every time, can't wait till the release!

Thank you, We cannot wait for players to get there hands on it.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, Dallas Medina said:

So it's multiplayer only? AI won't be able to use it?

On 5/11/2019 at 5:36 AM, Digger James said:

On the Surface, above the underground complex, idk about the facility itself. you'll have to ask the Devs

As for the matter of AI, we will be trying our best to allow AI to work in our underground map, however, we are not at the stage to test and implement working AI in the underground at the moment.

As for the above-ground, AI will work fine, just like with vanilla maps.

• Like 3

Are the water droplets, sparks, and lights part of the terrain? Or scripted into the misson demonstrating the map?

Weekly Update #5.5? - Cytech Development.
I would like to start off by apologising for our absence last week, We are still here and live as the saying goes better late than never.

Atom_Monky:

Has been working hard on getting the above terrain ready for us to start building, Has has also created a custom bridge from scratch for the terrain.

Media:

1d29f7ac816c15f3f05cf07140d27227.jpg

Dan Tronic:

This week Dan Tronic has been continuing to work closely with Atom Monky on the ground clutter for the above ground terrain as-well as updating the satellite map. (Screenshots coming soon) He has also been working more custom environment assets.

Media:

d6e92e7f052b38288f914f0ff307ed19.jpg
3f526385de84d4a32f18b3bb0be95253.jpg

He-Man:
Has been finishing off his work with the final underground assets.

Media:

b13e245ccbfeb5e8efa8d346a6038592.jpg

Shhh. This is not the same image as week #4 :D

Lakarak:  

Lakarak has been working on our faction uniforms getting them rigged ready to be game ready.

Media:

20190528002535_1.jpg
20190528002543_1.jpg

Rawr-Tech

I have been working on our faction uniforms with Lakarak, finalising the rigging on our as wolves for the PVE aspect of the gamemode and some smaller gamemode features like animated lockpicking.

Media:

bfd6035859a7d380a93f0434e57d20a3.png
bc62c7dd0169ee16442fbb6e32862040.jpg

Responses: 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:30 PM, phronk said:

Are the water droplets, sparks, and lights part of the terrain? Or scripted into the misson demonstrating the map?

They Alias's scripts, however, our goal is to bake them the map when the underground is ready and after extensive testing.

• Like 13

Is the overland terrain model a single giant model? Or is it built in segments? That'll be my last question. Looks badass so far. Hope AI can pathfind okay overland and underground!

Keep up the great work guys (and girls....maybe?) It's looking juicy.

Oh, btw....best set of developer names around, you could easily be a Marvel team spin off series.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, phronk said:

Is the overland terrain model a single giant model? Or is it built in segments? That'll be my last question. Looks badass so far. Hope AI can pathfind okay overland and underground!

We will be keeping the underground terrain sperate from the above ground terrain. As for how this will work in terms of our MP game-mode, We will be using the server transfer script made by KillzoneKid to teleport players between each map via the many entry and exit points made for each terrain.

The front page has just been updated will the correct information regarding the above as it was somewhat unclear, :thanx: for the reminder.

AI pathing for the underground terrain is something that we will be looking into in the near future.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

I'm looking forward to play this awesome map! Will you release it at Steam Workshop? And will the Script also work for SP and Coop/MP Missions? If not, you could make a Third map, where the Underground is at a nearly unreachable Place, for example 10,000 meters in the air or somewhere across the sea. Then you could create teleport points. Just like the map bra_minihattan, where you can move to the Underground, which is at a small Island beneath the main map. It's also not as hard to  make as some kind of map transfer script. And you could use it with 3den Editor so far. Release when?

This is so cool!

I hope for at least a one, big room with working AI. When we could lock players and spawn zombies, behind every corner coming out and attacking.

Any ETA? This year, next year?