Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

Hi, there, I am delighted with the project, which is something I wanted to see for years in Arma.

I ask myself a question due to my experience as Arma and Arma2 map maker and my own tests of underground constructions, I am wondering about AI behavior in this environment.

Thanks for the job done !

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 1:07 AM, Dan Tronic said:

Performance is rather good considering the amount of detail across the terrain.

We have done a lot of testing [...] our model's LOD's change at much faster rates than normal [...] limited view distance of 180m [...] disabled most of the skybox  [...] custom geometric occluders [...] all adds up in helping to keep performance high while still having room to add a lot of detail into the terrain.

Sounds like a lot of custom work. Makes me wonder how the editor will see the map (I assume the 180m limit is disabled there). I'm most excited to fly around and see the opportunities for mission building. Also the above comment regarding the AI - but that can be worked around - is somewhat of a good question.

Most developers would release a 'pre-release' version by now. Do you have a ballpark when it comes to the release date? I can see you want it to be quite polished, but are we at least saying 2022?
Many thanks!

• Like 1

We did some work on AI pathing, however for the first release i don't know if we gonna have time to implement the final version of AI pathing.

With this occasion i would like to officially welcome our new team members who worked hard on expanding our assests and compositions:

* C.Ritter - Modeling, texturing (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiULvHNGokE3sfVTx_XatUA)

* Clλckers - Level design (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198104468876)

* Jan - Level design, video editing (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9E0hIzlM--GPFWZ9FmS16g)

• Like 1

In case you missed it, we have a YT channel now 🙂

With thise ocasion we invite mission makers and content creators to ask for early access via our Discord. If you have a history in content making for Arma do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

https://discord.gg/2VYN3GPJGu

• Like 8

Here we go. Was a long wait for everyone involved but now we have a release date for Cytech alpha version.

Will be a long way for this project to see the finish line so if you want to support this mod now would be a good time to:

* spread the word

* join our team if you like making compositions in Eden, make/port models, texturing, scripting etc

* become our Patreon https://www.patreon.com/CytechMod

As you may know the project is in early access stage, is still opened for video, art work, mission and/or mod makers with a history in this fields, preferably with items published on STEAM or other public channels.
You can apply for early access via https://discord.gg/bK8bDRCJuN

For everyone else the mod will be available as stated in the trailer.

I almost forgot, we have a website now, still WIP but will be one of the ways to keep you guys up to date 

https://cytech-mod.com/

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@Private Evans

Yes, is on the table, tho most likely will be optional and not built in in the Core mod, but don't quote me on that, hasn't been decided yet.

I remember asking early on in the development if flooded sub-sections were going to be apart of it. Like entire rooms and hallways filled with water, or perhap even entire floors are cut off unless you have diving gear. Is it going in or just not in this initial release?

Quick Cytech overview in case you missed it.

And here it is a nice video going over the latest terrain mods.

• Like 3

I'm not sure you guys even noticed this, but your mod adds 150+ active (looped) scripts to the scheduler, all execVMed...oof

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I'm not sure you guys even realize this, but your mod adds 150+ active scripts to the scheduler, all execVMed...oof

...we work on optimizations as we speak

After I ran the mod my shadow distance in the settings was set to -1 😐

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alwarren said:

After I ran the mod my shadow distance in the settings was set to -1 😐

For better perfomance in nighttime we disabled shadows, so is intended.

3 hours ago, aliascartoons said:

For better perfomance in nighttime we disabled shadows, so is intended.

It is intentional that my global settings get modified  in my profile when I load a specific map??

15 hours ago, Alwarren said:

It is intentional that my global settings get modified  in my profile when I load a specific map??

hmm, that shouldn't happen on other maps than Cytech. I will check it out and see if is the same for me.

only discovered this mod . As amazing the the terrain and atmosphere  is. But what i find interesting is the choice regarding the lore/backstory. Quite "interesting". Would be interesting hearing the inspiration behind it. 

With such a lore i think it leaves an opportunity for some sort of "campaign" developed around this.

• Like 2

So what was updated with the core assets part of the mod? i see no changelog anywhere.

Not sure why you wouldn't post a changelog to the steam change notes tab, i mean when your publishing an update, if you kept a notepad

of everything you changed, added, fixed ect,. then all you would need to do is copy n paste it to the tab and save.

Change notes is at the bottom of the publisher so i dont see what trouble it would be to just copy n paste something, it really takes no time.

@GunTer

Updates will be announced here as soon as we are ready to c

https://discord.com/channels/497907246165000206/497912398108426240

other communication channels will be updated with a delay sometimes depending on the availability of the team member.

These are the changes on short:

Fixed - 
Memory leak for caves
Single player saving not functioning 
CCTV station not displaying camera feed
Several terrain fixes and OOB's fixed.
Black light glitching
Destructible walls
Missing roadways to some object
Fixed double lab door
Uniform names 
Missing property names
Randomized door reset when player joins

-

Changed - 
Light HP, Most lights can now be destroyed in one shot
Rework of all dynamic sound properties
Buffed Exo-suit damage resistance
Blinking lights animations
Some object optimisations

Framework:
Rewritten our entire SFX controller, New abilities and optimizations  to help us streamline the creation and usability of SFX objects in the future <-- The cause of most of the delay
LimitViewDistance Rewrite

-

Added -
Attributes:
Initial earthquake timer and repeated earthquake timer now customizable 
Random inactive lights % 

Features:
Destructible windows on cars and windows
Miners hat lamp/no lamp
Ground texture floors
Missing property names
Flicker effect to light SFX