Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

This looks absolutely amazing! I had seen a video of this a while back and have been trying to find the mod to download! HAHAHA! only to come across this just now! lawl! looks great, and im so very excited to try it out!

Hey Dan, I'm from Argentina, and I can't wait to see this proyect finished. You make an amazing work whit your dudes. Please, send my greetings to them. Do you have a date to publish? Like I said, I cannot wait, jaja. 

• Thanks 1

This is an absolute dream come true of a mod love all the effort and time the team mustve put into this i cant wait to see the final product!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope things are going well for you and your team. can't wait to see the final product! Flooded sub-basements and all!

Time for a long-overdue announcement

First off, we apologize for the prolonged radio silence.

Secondly, the good news is that Cytech is still very much in development.

The reasons below will help explain the rationale behind the silence.

The reason's for the Radio silence

As a mod, I think it's fair to say that this project has grown exponentially in both vision, scale and workload since its initial inception.

A quote from our team member Alias explains this perfectly "We went climbing Mt Everest in shorts".

Producing this modification has proven to be very hard and time-consuming for a small development team, given that Cytech is a passion project that we choose to work on in our free time around work and our personal lives. Therefore, we recently decided to apply to BI for CLDC to assist, speed up and give us a much-needed lift with further development opportunities.

Preparing the application took some time. Once we applied, we had much back and forth with BI regarding our proposal, which also took some time to process. The project caused quite a bit of discussion within BI Studios. However, sadly, we just fell short in our attempt to land a deal using the CDLC model. However, BI was very impressed with our application/working demo. Furthermore, they were kind enough to give us much praise for our efforts in our project overall.

Future Plans

The good news is that this project Is still alive and well, and we plan to continue working towards some public release to some degree. This will most likely come in the form of a tech demo for the underground terrain sometime in the near future. However, we understand that the waiting game has been long and feel it is only fitting to put something out to give back to those waiting patiently to explore our terrain.

We also owe this to ourselves to know that our love, passion, and time spent on this project can be enjoyed by those patiently waiting. Once released, we aim to continue work on the project with the vision of working towards a more complete and final release later down the line.

New Content

We already have lots of new content that we can share with you; however, we don't wish to spam you with screens and videos, so we will be drip-feeding new content to be shown over the coming days/weeks. Once again, we apologize in regards to the long hiatus and we would like to thank you for sticking with it.

GhPt3Tw.jpg

Z72SAMm.jpg

rnCndYw.jpg

7gfzIIi.jpg

cfdImMq.jpg

• Like 18

My Jebus! For all the naysayers saying ARMA 3 is dead, I think we are entering a renaissance! 

This, all the new cDLC, all the new and updated SciFi mods like Ravage, Remnant, Drongo's spooks, Devourer's Mutants, Johnny Boy's scripts, Vandeanson's next version of Apocalypse, all the cool new gear mods like Scion Conflict...

Maybe we finally get the SciFi ARMA 3 BIS had wanted to make in the first place!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Dan Tronic said:

Secondly, the good news is that Cytech is still very much in development.

Good news indeed!  Thanks much for the update, and I know the community is greatly looking forward to your release!

• Like 1

Sees new screenshots.... YYEEESSSS~!!!!
Metro 2033: Artyom, "Dark tunnels, wheel rattle, and the smell of death... That's how our journey to D6 began. But, our goal seemed closer, now."

Seriously! You guys make another push and we'll have a true king here!!! a map to shun all others!

And I wonder, though it is premature by years maybe, that once done. What's next for Dan Tronic's gang? I seriously believe that you could do some true gems of a similar setting, even reusing assets already made with some slight tweaking. And if it's not obvious, if you were to poll out a vote to the community on what to do next; My TOP pick would be Metro 2033's post nuclear Moscow, the underground Metro, hidden or forgotten slip tunnels and depots, human catacombs predating the Tsar dynasties, The D6 bunker, Missile silos filled with Metro's own spider mutants!!!

If you guys did it, I know your maps will stand on top. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the awesome screenies and update! Definitely can't wait for this one!! Some serious atmosphere.

• Like 3

Such a shame BI didn't embrace this project for CDLC but good to hear it hasn't dampened your spirits. Good luck. 

• Like 7

This was  possible cDLC?! Why not?!

Who do not want to bring a seamless Black Mesa type experience to ARMA? That is a huge wet dream for many ARMA players!

If you guys accept donations, we can send you things like steam gift cards at the very least. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

100/10 Your group is going places @Dan Tronic, I just know it. But wise men say; It is also important maintain balance, to never grow arrogant or cocky. But that's just my opinion! 😁

Pretty cool!

Not to nitpick i love great looking areas, places, landscapes, buildings what have you, but the thing that imo would really add to the

immersion of being there is having functional, and or interactive aspects of the area, that depends of course.

In Arma its usually just opening doors and so on, but tbh i hate going on a map that looks amazing and i wish i were there but it

is just eye candy and you cant do much with it if anything at all, probably overall that would be up to a mission maker to make something more "logistical"

or things functional depending on what it is and about.

Maybe offtopic but if there was a device somehow that could sync with a game, game dev or mission/map maker would have to code the map or mission for this

and what this would do is fill your immediate environment (your actual place where your playing the game, real life)

with scents, and air of the environment your in, even adjust the temps maybe, in a safe manor, i dont want anyone to be next to a car in the game and then

have such a device shooting carbon monoxide in your room, 😄  thats a bit to realistic and not safe, might as well play in my garage with the car running for that, but

im saying scents that mimic the real thing but are not harmful.

Idk just a crazy thought i figured i'd share for the sake of immersion in a game/mission.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I personally think Resident Evil style gameplay would work very well here even with the Arma limitations...means unlock new areas ( doors) by solving puzzles and fighting enemies...all combined with this scary and claustrophobic atmosphere...some good story telling and boss fights 🙂 This cries for a good single player or coop campaign !

This was  possible cDLC?! Why not?!

...combined with the above ground terrain that was shown and some survival modules that would have been probably too much of a Day Z competitor 😕 so yeah

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

...combined with the above ground terrain that was shown and some survival modules that would have been probably too much of a Day Z competitor 😕 so yeah

As were not privy, nor should we be, to the reasons BI ultimately rejected this for CDLC we can only speculate.

Personally I believe it maybe veers away too much from the vanilla mil-sim experience which all the published CDLC's so far stick too, again this is a bit of shame as the CDLC model is perfect for keeping the platform fresh and exploring alternative genres to the standard mil-sim experience.

• Like 8

can't we just create a Community poll for it, and let the community decide? XD

• Like 4

We can vote with our wallets and give the developers some support in other ways. I've bought all the DLC so far, going to buy CSLA once they patch it, so we can at least donate or buy steam gift cards for the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe I remembered to check on this after months and you just posted screenshots! ❤️
I'm sad Bohemia didn't get to make this Community DLC... would've loved to pay for this instead of the Cold war themed ones. This is amazing. I am just curious how performance would be, as it seems there's a shitload of new objects and assets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting a strong Half-Life vibe here, and that is a good thing. This looks outstanding, and it's something really novel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, Andrew Price said:

Can't believe I remembered to check on this after months and you just posted screenshots! ❤️
I'm sad Bohemia didn't get to make this Community DLC... would've loved to pay for this instead of the Cold war themed ones. This is amazing. I am just curious how performance would be, as it seems there's a shitload of new objects and assets.

Performance is rather good considering the amount of detail across the terrain.

We have done a lot of testing and work under the hood to make sure the terrain runs at higher frame rates than you might expect, for example, our model's LOD's change at much faster rates than normal, depending on the object's size.

We have a limited view distance of 180m, meaning anything past the set distance won't be rendered.

We have disabled most of the skybox as it's totally unneeded.

None of our assets have Shadow LOD's and we have our own custom geometric occluders to help stop objects from rendering outside of the tunnels/rooms you are in. 

This all adds up in helping to keep performance high while still having room to add a lot of detail into the terrain.

• Like 9