Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

Seeing as our forum post has not been updated in a while, here are a small number of screenshots from the recent development.

To keep fully updated, our discord is fully updated with information and screenshots, etc.

Discordhttps://discord.gg/AVCBkCh 

QRaCZyJ.jpg

zf33lPs.jpg

RebuxsF.jpg

MCmRwDU.jpg

cZJ6v0E.jpg

wRizTwI.jpg

ZsV43rp.jpg

KOCcm0T.jpg

O1IJ2Gk.jpg

• Like 21

"No gender neutral bathrooms, 0/10" - IGN

Coming along nicely, the videos display it all well too. Keep it up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

It's been a while so here is a brief update of some of the new things coming to Cytech. Enjoy

QT8wtWC.jpg

Kuod34u.jpg

GMvLbyj.jpg

2rYcVxx.jpg

7q7Y8Lj.jpg

pa89JAI.jpg

D1dadh7.jpg

sR0mifW.jpg

XumVJKO.jpg

6VgLAXq.jpg

yq2PEvC.jpg

lMkWPgP.jpg

wk988rA.jpg

w8JZWdA.jpg

JwoMSbq.jpg

YDyI97B.jpg

Discord:

https://discord.gg/AVCBkCh

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Screenshots are just WOW!....maybe the most impressive thing is the lack of Vanilla assets. 

So cool to see this is still getting worked on.

• Like 1

God dam dude screens look like something out of the doom games!

Also this screenshot, someone has some serious acid piss to be making stains like that, unless the urinals have been there for 30years, gees 😄

waBg0WW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So amazing but any female rest rooms? We have a few females mods now! Would love to see them get support as well.

• Like 1

Just curious, but I had an idea that I wanna pass by the Devs. 😀 Is there or can there be a master "Control Room" where you can control some if not all major blast-doors, both in an emergency and if the situation arises; cutting off and trapping a squad, group, or Individual from the rest. 

I'm sure some of you can imagine the awesome tension that can come about by separating your enemy, then opening another door to let your comrades ambush the weaker force or releasing a horde of "monsters" and watching from a security cam while they struggle!

Seriously wanna find that Big red button that turns the whole site into darkness! just to send in a team of my buddies to wade through the "Unnatural" to turn it back on!

• Like 1

I love the new videos. I wanted to ask:

Are the objects placable? 

Any chance for a random map generator so a run through will be different? Such as cutting sections into prefabricated blocks that can be stitched together?

Any chance to go VERTICAL? Like (a lot) more than 1 level? I am seeing GTFO vibes from this.

So amazing...

• Like 1

@Valken

CYTECH objects will be available in Eden.

We have several levels of randomness and all of them can be tweaked by server owners, mission makers or admin via options.

There are random lights effect: we have lights that go off randomly, we have SFX which will be randomly generated near lights.

Doors and gates have randomized states: open, closed, locked and we think of adding few other states to them tho is not a priority or something that we will necessarily implement.

Special effects scattered around map will be randomized off/on.

Random sounds, random events. but more about these in the future announcements.

You will also have the option to turn randomization, SFX etc OFF via mission editing or as server admin.

Going on several floor levels will be tricky for AI, we experiment with a 3 levels area but is something we have to see if is feasible in terms of performance.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, aliascartoons said:

@Valken

CYTECH objects will be available in Eden.

We have several levels of randomness and all of them can be tweaked by server owners, mission makers or admin via options.

There are random lights effect: we have lights that go off randomly, we have SFX which will be randomly generated near lights.

Doors and gates have randomized states: open, closed, locked and we think of adding few other states to them tho is not a priority or something that we will necessarily implement.

Special effects scattered around map will be randomized off/on.

Random sounds, random events. but more about these in the future announcements.

You will also have the option to turn randomization, SFX etc OFF via mission editing or as server admin.

Going on several floor levels will be tricky for AI, we experiment with a 3 levels area but is something we have to see if is feasible in terms of performance.

Are these random events localized to the player/s-(And potentially AI)-around the area they are traveling or do they just happen without any presence to trigger it?

So this sneak peaks from surface(ground level), from Dan's YT channel were real.
How it will be looks like ? Like in prologue ?

On 1/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, aliascartoons said:

I understand this.

Perhaps better for MP that we can have "fake" vertical levels where one "level"'s stairwell leading up or down would teleport the group of players to another "level's" stairwell which are actually just 2 completely seperate sections on the same horizontal plane, but cannot be seen by  players inside of each section. 

Like multiple sheets of paper laid out on a big desk with each stair or doorway can be connected by teleporters.

Then for each "level" randomly spawn in enemies and lock them to only move around on those sections. 

That may give the illusion of multiple "levels". 

Would need to make sure that any sign or decoration that says "Level X" match up correctly. 😄

I think this was how level designers do it to create new DOOM 1/2 levels as that does not allow placement of paths directly above another path. They just teleport to another level when going up or down instead of "exiting" and "loading" the next level.

The Build Engine (Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Blood and Redneck Rampage) allowed floor over floor. Same for the Quake and newer engines like Half Life, Source and etc...

Anyways, hope the old school techniques may give some inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Just a reminder, if you are interested and passionate (or you have a friend who is) about

- terrain making/building

- 3D modeling and porting models to A3.

- Textures
- compositions

please let me know(PM me or post it here)! This would speed up the process.
There is a lot of ground to cover and we want this project done ASAP as much as everyone else.

Thank you!

• Like 7

Cytech is looking beautiful guys.  Greatly looking forward to it!   Just sprinkle a few head crabs around and give me a crowbar...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Will travelling between the two maps also work in SP/COOP ?

Will work in MP/Coop switching servers. As for SP we will see what we can come up with.

• Like 6