Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

On 11/20/2019 at 1:10 AM, HorribleGoat said:

Very cool indeed! Is that build onto the character or using a gear slot?

At the moment it is using a gear slot but, It's far from Ideal for compatibility but,  if you have any other ideas on how to expand compatibility I would be more then happy to go into further detail about it with you.

Final model with placeholder face and view watch animation.

20191120045633_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6

On 11/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, EO said:

I love the look if this, Players vital stats would be a neat display, heart rate, health status....keep up the good work folks. :thumb:

Ingame displaying vitals: 

ef0d326d023240986ee51ce2b2e27aac.jpg?wid

On 11/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, Vandeanson said:

very nice idea - eager to see where you end up with this !

Thanks, I am also a fan of your work I've been following your youtube channel :) Would you be able to contact me on discord I have some questions. Rawr-Tech#7159

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

OH!!! Can you Make a "Metro" themed watch with the light sensor to show if you are visible!

Well there isn't really any better ways I'm afraid. As far as I know anyway.

You cant really reliably attach stuff on characters other than making stuff gear and attached things would be drawn under the actual view from first person. But gear stuff can have added animations.

If it does not have to be universal and only for your use for player, it could be implemented into the player character like the PipBoy in Fallout games. However it would still have to rely on texture changes.

The working version in-game with all elements working. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit!...that is beyond cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so is this map relesed and where?

sorry if this is ovious but im new here and my english is bad

5 hours ago, scoop911 said:

so is this map relesed and where?

Scoop911 Welcome to BI forums, the thread here has all the info on the first post, its a WIP project (work in progress)

that means it hasn't been released yet, so there is no download available.

Lastly i know your new to the forum but just heed the forum rules, dont ask about release, or dates on mod threads, all the info will always be on the OP of the thread.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I guess I've been living in a cave (pun intended), as this it the first time I've seen this mod.  Holey Moley, this is beautiful, and a game changer.  Fabulous work.  El Cojon can't wait to be a CHUD hunter!!!

• Like 3

Good evening, everyone! I am really glad to see that such a great mod is in development. I've read all the comments and watched all the videos. I find your work and progress really amazing and fabulous. This mod, when finished, will be a great success for the entire community and I am proud to see such enthusiastic members working on such a huge and difficult project. So I have no words to describe how I am felling right now. I know everyone of you is really busy with common work, family and life, but your dedication deserves much of applauses. This mod is a game changer in my opinion. It would be a great opportunity to become a part of Bohemia's official DLCs like GM. It definitely owns the potential seeing what has been made until today. I hope you are still working on it and I expect to see its release soon, not asking about the release date... All you have created is individual and different in comparison to what we've seen before. The high quality, the texture details and all of the new assets along with the way they have been logically used and placed make me feel great. I wish you all the best and keep up the great work, guys! Thank you for your efforts. One small suggestions of me would be to use, if you wish, of course, my custom composition - a huge cave complex. I have used 2 dependencies to create it as one of the versions also contains a waterfall thanks to #aliascartoons great waterfall script.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Im following the progress of your map for quit some time now and you dedication is remarkable and i hope to see your stuff ingame with my own eyes in the future. 

After seeing waht you achieved with your wristwatch adaptation im quite intrigued what your plans are and do have some questions. 

Are you going to release a standalone version? Reason for this is if im looking at the stuff you already showd i would think that the Map is gonne be at least 2 GB big. If im honest im more thinking of 4 GB or more because of all the props an stuff and it would be really frustrating if you want to use the Watch on a different Map. 

My second question is for the looks of it you are displaying blood, pulse, hunger and thirst status like in DayZ even with the old 12000 Blood counter. Are you planing or considering to make it work with the ACE system as well. That would push the realism to a new level and would be able to push us away from simple Icons in the corner of the screen that change color from green to red. 

And for my last question, im seeing some kind of radiation indicators in one of the screenshots wahts up with that are you going to throw even more awesome stuff at us or is that just concept for testing? 

Would be awesome if you had the time to answer my questions. Keep up tge great work and happy Christmas time to everyone. 

• Like 2

Yet another watch development video

The system now allows for multiple tiers of watches allowing players to get better watches to display more info.

Oh, also now our futuristic advanced tech manufacturing company,  makes 80s Casio watches...

Lowest Tier watch:

497f7f3ddacb319ed5dce7877c28c952.png?wid

20191209033705_1.jpg?width=965&height=54

Mid Tier Watch:

43d3229fa3d649b6c2adb124d2783277.png

20191123215529_1.jpg

We have a top tier watch planned however it requires unfinished systems to function so is on hold for now.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, aliascartoons said:

Dan came up with another video showcase, here it is in case you missed it. Enjoy!

Haha yeah, you're not fooling us - that's not ArmA 😄
😉

Edited by R0adki11
don't quote videos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi! I really like your maps! So I made a micro movie with it, thank you for the map!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hi! I really like your maps! So I made a micro movie with it, thank you for the map!

I think you might be confusing this project with Chernarus Redux That video shows nothing from this project. Some of us once worked on Chernarus Redux in the past but other than that, CHR and Cytech are not connected. 

• Like 1

Awesome project team.Great stuff.

Using disableai "move " and setunitpos "up/middle/down" type commands will hold AI so they can be placed with precision.AI moving about may be trickier.

• Like 1

First of all this is a very amazing project and thank you very much for your time and effort you put in this map.

Is it possible to add a open door animation to the player, like pushing a button on the doors, instead the action menu?

And in the flooded areas will there be any "air pockets" like if you dont have a diving suit etc. so you can swim up to breathe?

• Like 1

To get an underground terrain has been a dream since OFP, I had done some test on this topic and left some trace of these attempts on my own A2 terrains, but the light management by the game engine makes it almost impossible.

This Underground Terrain  is therefore impressive as a dream came true, I am most impressed by the job done, the modding part and the method chosen to circumvent the limitations of the game engine.

Do you intend to release the terrain only in a Z modded version or will there be a version of the terrain without the zombie/gore part?

• Like 1