Dan Tronic

CYTECH INDUSTRIES - [WIP] Underground Terrain

This would be perfect for some warhammer ops I gotta say. The CQB would be suiting for the eerie feeling and the lack of life just makes it even more suiting.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, Dan Tronic said:

New watchtower model.

The teasing intensifies. I can't wait for it to be released.

• Like 1

A really awesome job guys. :rthumb:

I mentioned this when you posted a video for the underground train station for Chernarus Redux...some particle effects like pollen or insects would look pretty neat under those flares and flashlights 

• Like 2

Looks wicked. Finally another great terrain to look forward to!

• Like 1

Looks really cool, how do the players do kneeling, or going prone in all that rubble? 

Also, any plans for a partially flooded tunnel? 

34 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Looks really cool, how do the players do kneeling, or going prone in all that rubble? 

Also, any plans for a partially flooded tunnel? 

Crouching is fine, however, going prone is a bit on the buggy side.

A sewer system with running water is already in place and yes I plan on having other flooded tunnels as well as some fully submerged rooms for diving :f:

• Like 5

i mean... even this watchtower in the fog makes me feel uneasy.. imagine zombies...

i am hooked and excited to find out where this project goes;)

cheers

vd

• Like 2

Here is a thing I came up with :  If you used Combat link 5 and gave them also WP they might be able to navigate the surrounding caves.

If you used the mod Ballistic Missiles ,you could get working guns.

If you could make a cave that could be scaled up to fit a jet ,yet be underground and with a tools,be set at an angle,it would be possible to use Tomahawk missiles to enter into them by setting 20m flight altitude with Drongos missiles mod and sett caves at 30m height, if you could scale them by length,and size they could accommodate a jet,or at least a prop plane.

If we could use these as props we could in theory make a base under water for missions with subs and the like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Eh any point of the underground terrain? As enemies can’t use it 

Its dependent of your view of "enemies cant use it", theres more to the ArmA 3 combat than player vs AI. and even then static ai would still work. He also iirc said he was working on pathing for some areas for AI so technically AI should be able to walk around with it during combat and such. An underground terrain is actually a pretty big deal if you have been in the community long enough

• Like 4

15 hours ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Eh any point of the underground terrain? As enemies can’t use it 

I suggest you try the Ghost Hunters scenario included with Ravage : it showcases a new type of hostile that will have no problem in underground terrains (worst case scenario, if setting custom pathing proves to be impossible).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, haleks said:

I suggest you try the Ghost Hunters scenario included with Ravage : it showcases a new type of hostile that will have no problem in underground terrains (worst case scenario, if setting custom pathing proves to be impossible).

Nice. did you add Gibs to zombies? I notice also shotgun is gibbing them now. 

Will these props be included in the map or just as editor placed objects? as i'm inclined to believe people may want to use the map for other things outside the story. Or use the props on missions in other maps

16 minutes ago, LykosMactire said:

Will these props be included in the map or just as editor placed objects? as i'm inclined to believe people may want to use the map for other things outside the story. Or use the props on missions in other maps

All the props/models will be available in both the map and the editor

• Like 5

Some of the masks send a very clear message towards whomever opposes these guys: "I am beyond moral boundaries. FAHAHAAARRR BEEEEEYOOOOND!!!!" 😉

• Like 4